Worst move by the Reds last 5 or 6 years?

JBandJoeyV

What was the worst move the Reds organization made over the last 5 or 6 years?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What was the worst move the Reds organization made over the last 5 or 6 years?

• Firing/not signing Jack McKeon
    • The Griffey Trade
    • House clearing including both Boones, Bowden, Guillen...
    • This past offseason spending millions on shitty pitchers
    • other

I think it would have to be not keeping Jack McKeon he got coach of the year and they got a great player in ken griffey Jr, with McKeons help they would have made it to the playoffs the next year after winning 96 the year before...how can you get rid of a coach that wins 96 games that year...

It's no fault of Junior's, due to all the freak injuries, but in retrospect, when you consider what Mike Cammeron has done since, and the $$$ we have been paying him, if I am honest withmyself, despite how much I like Junior (or, perhaps more truthfully, the IDEA of Junior) that has to be it.

its a toss up....

there are so many things wrong right now.. this is like the bengals in the 2001-2002 offseason.. everything appears to be doomed, no light at the end of the tunnel...

a 2-3 year rebuilding project... but the problem is, it hasnt even started and there is no one to lead it. there is no marvin lewis on the reds staff right now.. and i'd sure as hell like to know who is going to pick one...

i think the reds are in for the some hurtful times if someone doesnt take the raines and fix this train wreck soon..

PS: im going to the game tomorrow :ninja:

baseball has fucked itself to the point that there is no fix that can happen within one offseason. Narron may be the MGR for another year, b/c thats all Obrien hason his contract and Unka Carl may not let him hire a new MGR. fuck it. the Reds suck. even when the bengals sucked it was still easy to be a fan. this team has no heart, so it doesnt get mine. oh, the fire sale was the dumbest, followed by the mckeon firing, all of which was preceeded by the Schott dismissal

Anyone catch Peter Gammons and Jeff Brantley on baseball tonight? WOW!

[quote]"John Allen needs to be stopped, he is running this once proud franchise into the ground" ~Peter Gammons[/quote]

[quote]"this used to be the greatest franchise in baseball, it has become a total embarrassment to the city of Cincinnati"~ Jeff Brantley[/quote]

Carl Lindner! please sell the team!

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 22 2005, 08:18 AM']Anyone catch Peter Gammons and Jeff Brantley on baseball tonight?  WOW!
Carl Lindner!  please sell the team!
[right][post="105815"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Carl doesn't have to sell the team, he just needs to start spending money on it.

But if he won't do that, then he SHOULD sell it. But to whom? He's gotta be the richest guy in Ohio.

[quote name='Jason' date='Jun 22 2005, 01:54 PM']Carl doesn't have to sell the team, he just needs to start spending money on it.

But if he won't do that, then he SHOULD sell it.  But to whom?  He's gotta be the richest guy in Ohio.
[right][post="105828"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Spending money won't do a damn bit of good unless they spend it wisely! Thats why they need a competent GM! The combination of Allen and O'Brien suck ass!

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 22 2005, 01:28 PM']Spending money won't do a damn bit of good unless they spend it wisely!  Thats why they need a competent GM!  The combination of Allen and O'Brien suck ass!
[right][post="105926"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

aint that the truth.. and he has spent a bit more already.. just foolishly... but i dont think thats him making the player picks... carl isnt to blame.. probably the next 5 people under him are...

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Worst move by the Reds Last Year?[/quote]

[i][color="red"]= Showing up [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] [/color][/i]

Archived