BASKETBALL IS BACK!!

looks like they are ironing things out finally, funny that the players are likely getting less than was offered to them a few weeks ago.. so they got less money and lost money from lost games...fools.

thats what big egos and listening to agents gets you.

the thing i am most stoked about it the all star game is on... and its in orlando... free flight, free place to stay, free tickets and access to all events...

SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTT...

the luxury tax is BRUTAL in 3 years.... it stays $1 for $1 fine for being over the cap... so for the next two years, thelakers and heat and co are safe...

but3 years from now... the lakers are well over $20mil over the cap...

the luxury tax goes to $3.75 for every $1 over..

so $20mil over, costs you $75mil in a luxury tax... so if you are at that rate and want to offer a player $10mil a year, its going to cost you over 47 mil...

that should square things up a bit...

full details of the current proposed deal are here: [url="https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_JqVMjKAfLYNzU3YzVlNDAtMDBlOS00Y2UwLWE5ZTItM2RkZTdjN2FmMzI4&hl=en_US&pli=1"]https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_JqVMjKAfLYNzU3YzVlNDAtMDBlOS00Y2UwLWE5ZTItM2RkZTdjN2FmMzI4&hl=en_US&pli=1[/url]

for those interested

Was there a luxury tax before this deal? I thought I remembered hearing about the Heat not being able to go sign anymore big FA's because of the cap? I haven't kept up because I haven't gotten into the NBA too much before last year.

Love the Bulls team though. Gonna be a good team. Rooting for Cleveland too. Hopefully Kyrie can restore what Bron took from him. He certainly has the skills.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1322604378' post='1069317']
boo, I was enjoying the non-existance of the NBA, and was excited at the prospects of not having to flip through any NBA games on Christmas Day.
[/quote]

I don't like you.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1322604378' post='1069317']
boo, I was enjoying the non-existance of the NBA, and was excited at the prospects of not having to flip through any NBA games on Christmas Day.
[/quote]

Same here.

NBA games make me want to go homicidal...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1322589402' post='1069187']
looks like they are ironing things out finally, funny that the players are likely getting less than was offered to them a few weeks ago.. so they got less money and lost money from lost games...fools.

thats what big egos and listening to agents gets you.

the thing i am most stoked about it the all star game is on... and its in orlando... free flight, free place to stay, free tickets and access to all events...

SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTT...
[/quote]

Wow, how did you get that sweet deal?

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1322607436' post='1069333']

Shut up or I'll force you to eat Gold Star instead of Skyline...
[/quote]

I got me some Goldstar Saturday and some Bengals cups :wave:

[img]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/390973_2788566276208_1319873441_3133722_762503030_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://hphotos-iad1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/310926_2788773961400_1319873441_3133743_750230879_n.jpg[/img]

I like college hoops more anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
I love watching the guys I followed in college play in the NBA. The heat getting Shane makes me respect him a little more. He probably gets them over the top with his defensive ability. Can't wait to see where Grant goes.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1322611479' post='1069349']

Wow, how did you get that sweet deal?
[/quote]

brother in laws brother works for airline, free ticket, friend works for NBA, free access, a friend lives in orlando, free place to stay...BOOOYAA!

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1322596557' post='1069251']
Anyone really watches the NBA anymore?
[/quote]

uh yea, the lakers alone signed a 5 BILLION dollar tv deal with time warner...

i didnt realize it was as big as it is until i went to cities that you know.. have an NBA team... not only does cincy lack a team, but the 3-4 closest teams suck ass, indy, cleveland, detroit, memphis, all are shit..

the playoffs are electric, i LOVE the shorter season.. been to magic lakers finals(watched the lakers win it all and get trophy), magic boston playoffs, magic heat game, magic cleveland playoffs(where lebron hit that three thats in all the nba commercials), nba basketball is badass in person..

pondered nuggets season tickets... but its cheaper to stubhub all season long...

had floor seats for nuggets kings with my boy last year... it was great...its the pic on my facebook...

Basketball in Cleveland was about as big as something can get for about 6 years. Lebronmania assured that. Not sure if it trickles down to Cincy but it certainly does to Cbus

My opinion is that the NBA is closing in on MLB as being nearly completely unwatchable. Games don't matter until the playoffs and those games don't matter until the last 5 minutes. And those games are between a handful of teams that are always there. Only 7 teams have won a championship in 30 years. I am a pretty big Bulls fan or was until my interest just kind slowly started waning and I think they have the team easiest to cheer for squad outside of Oklahoma City. Rose, Boozer, Deng are all universally likable and I really like Noah although I get the hatred there. With that said I just don't care to watch. I am no jilted cavs fan, its just a boring product IMO. The players have taken over and destroyed it. With the way things are now you might as well contract 22 teams and have an 8 team league. LA-LA-NY-DAL-Boston-Chicago-Miami and the Wild Card Oke City(likely to be replaced by the Nets) are the only teams that matter. They went to a lockout to stop the big time players from going to just a handful of teams and repair the competitive balance and the day they come out of it Chris Paul whines his way onto the Lakers, Tyson Chandler signs with the Knicks and everyone's wondering if Dwight Howard will end up on the Knicks or Lakers. The have not owners then bitched so hard that Sterns has to evoke some sort of absurd illogical rule so that its not business as usual.

The NBA has turned into an open gym at the local high school where you let the 6-5 guy who played a year at the community college and is the only one who can dunk pick the 4 other best players to be on his team first. Then the other 2 teams are full of guys who can't make left handed layups. That team wins by 10 and nobody has fun. I just don't get how they can't see the parity in the NFL staring them in the face and the money the NFL makes having 32 legitimate franchises and say to themselves..."What if we did that?" Then again MLB, and College football and basketball (to a lesser extent) do the same damn thing.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1323548945' post='1072836']
Weston, that screams for contraction. There are too many teams.
[/quote]

See I dont see it that way. I think the Bird rule killed the league. atleast when you could start trading bird rights. The way the league is now you might as well have 8 teams. Therefore alienating 22 cities worth of fans..you are doing it now anyway.

Archived