!!!! TEXANS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD!!!!

[quote name='MrDingleDangle' timestamp='1323644740' post='1074162']
cant forget the SD game the week after slim died and that they drove to kick winning fg, i think that basically knocked us out of the playoffs, forget which year it was though, again better QB, but we had come back to go ahead with a minute left or something, plus i was at that game in SD so it was rough
[/quote]
That was 2009. We made the playoffs that year.

[quote name='MrDingleDangle' timestamp='1323644740' post='1074162']
cant forget the SD game the week after slim died and that they drove to kick winning fg, i think that basically knocked us out of the playoffs, forget which year it was though, again better QB, but we had come back to go ahead with a minute left or something, plus i was at that game in SD so it was rough
[/quote]

It was 2009 and they actually made the playoffs, although they stumbled to the finish by losing three of the last four and then losing the playoff game to the Jets.

I cant wait til i read this week how mad ZIMMER is. Hahahahah!!! How he is tired of this shit. Hahahahaha!!! How if they dont do their job, he is going to change shit up. Hahahahaha!!!! This team is just not very good. Sure, they have injuries. Who doesnt?? I watched the steelers beat the browns with a one legged quarterback. This team just doesnt make plays. On offense or on defense when its needed. Period. They have performed admirably as far as what expectations were concerned coming into the season. With that being said, they arent even close at this point to being a contending team.

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1323645123' post='1074173']
I cant wait til i read this week how mad ZIMMER is. Hahahahah!!! How he is tired of this shit. Hahahahaha!!! How if they dont do their job, he is going to change shit up. Hahahahaha!!!! This team is just not very good. Sure, they have injuries. Who doesnt?? I watched the steelers beat the browns with a one legged quarterback. This team just doesnt make plays. On offense or on defense when its needed. Period. They have performed admirably as far as what expectations were concerned coming into the season. With that being said, they arent even close at this point to being a contending team.
[/quote]

I cant wait to see Marvin get mad....oh wait, i think this week he may play it cool and for a change of pace say that we just need to make the plays and execute, he is going to try a new tactic since the getting mad hasnt worked

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1323645123' post='1074173']
[/quote]
The cold hard fact is he does not have the players to fix the secondary on the team. He couldn't afford to lose Hall period. Also, having to bring in 2 FA linebackers in the offseason (they have played ok but just saying) and having a middle LB who is average at best is killng us. Oh, yeah, Dunlap hurt makes the pass protection that much worse. We could afford to lose a d lineman or two. Could not afford to lose a starting corner given our lack of depth and talent at safety. Zimmer is doing what he can with the talent he has.

Archived