*** FINISHED BASEMENT - its over... ***

GoBengals

Looks awesome.

thanks!

Queue flood in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

:ninja:

Seriously, though, that looks very nice, and should serve as a mighty man cave with all of that sports memorabilia you've been hoarding... 

thanks, and yes, the walls will be filled in all rooms and hallways i am sure...

What kind of speakers did you go with on the wall install? My Dad has a monstrous system with a 162" HD projection TV screen in his media room and his speakers (I think there's 11 of them including the enormous sub box) are mounted in the wall and look like yours. It's ridiculously loud, although he never uses it that way unless he's watching top gun.

Also, what is causing the Radon in your home? I am aware of the issue but don't know what causes it (I know, I could google).

doors are on.. all but two vents are on..

The office french doors:

[attachment=1563:10756644_10205328124145523_727989026_o.jpg]

hallway doors:

[attachment=1564:10756776_10205328123185499_434733674_o.jpg]

[attachment=1565:10752571_10205328122745488_367815234_o.jpg]

and the movement has begun.....

[attachment=1566:10742971_10205328122345478_1881476773_o.jpg]

This looks awesome Go!

On a totally unrelated note and not nearly as cool...I just finished putting in a 4' wide floor in our attic so I can clean out the soffits on our roof.  Last year I realized there was blow-in insulation clogging things up so we had some ice under our roof.  It was 1 of 2 crappy projects I wanted to get done this year.  I think it will take me 1-2 more hours to finish up. 

Did you just lay on the carpet and sleep in it last night? Do you just sit down there, and stare at the walls?

That's what I would do.

haha, just about, have spent some time sitting on the floor discussing furniture and stuff like that... just went furniture shopping a little.. don't have any money, just trying to pick something so we know what we need to save...

This looks awesome Go!

On a totally unrelated note and not nearly as cool...I just finished putting in a 4' wide floor in our attic so I can clean out the soffits on our roof.  Last year I realized there was blow-in insulation clogging things up so we had some ice under our roof.  It was 1 of 2 crappy projects I wanted to get done this year.  I think it will take me 1-2 more hours to finish up. 

nice! those project suck to do but feel awfully satisfying to have done..

like cleaning the dirt off my garage floor.... can't wait.. but once i do, i can clean up the rest and have a nice clean area out there and can park in there again..

went shopping for a TV after breakfast with my wife...

somehow ended up buying this instead...

for the upstairs family room.....

got the sofa, love seat and the chair.... sold out of ottomans tho.... bummer...

[attachment=1579:10800521_10205410080794388_153207518_o.jpg]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

purchased furniture...

black microfiber. chair and a half and loveseat and a half (oversized items basically) and two ottomans..

delivered saturday... will post pics then...

Oooh that sounds way too comfortable. Microfiber is cool unless you have a cat or a dumb ass short bus riding boxer that drools all over it because he likes the feel....

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Got the tv mounted and entertainment stand partially loaded up.

Clean installs! Seeing stuff like this makes me want to buy a house.. but then my rational fear of settling down too much kicks back in haha

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you didnt mount the speakers as far from the TV (near the corners of the room as possible)? I feel like I see this a lot with in wall systems and never really asked. I'm no audiophile, but I have had surround sound as long as I can remember and cant stand watching TV/Movies without it. But I always have free standing surround sound that I can angle etc.

Do you feel like the left/right surround gets mixed at all being closer together rather than farther away? Or no difference? To me (no expert by any means) it seems like the farther away the more independent directional sound you could register. I could be totally wrong though.

Clean installs! Seeing stuff like this makes me want to buy a house.. but then my rational fear of settling down too much kicks back in haha

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you didnt mount the speakers as far from the TV (near the corners of the room as possible)? I feel like I see this a lot with in wall systems and never really asked. I'm no audiophile, but I have had surround sound as long as I can remember and cant stand watching TV/Movies without it. But I always have free standing surround sound that I can angle etc.

Do you feel like the left/right surround gets mixed at all being closer together rather than farther away? Or no difference? To me (no expert by any means) it seems like the farther away the more independent directional sound you could register. I could be totally wrong though.

it varies depending on room size, walls, etc..

you can do it either way. the generic go to is the far corners, thats the contractors/home builders go to.. not knowing exactly how the room will be set up. knowing how about the only way i would ever set up the room, i put them ideally for that scenario.. the standard shoulder level standing up, corners of the room is best mix for theater and for "party" where people may be walking around, standing, talking, etc for background music..

from what i read, for movie/tv watching only, the fronts near the tv gives the better illusion that the sound from the fronts is coming FROM the tv.. not just the direction of the TV. and also have them at ear height while sitting and watching.. 

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/surround-sound-speaker-setup/7-1-setup.html

thats the idea.. i also have them slightly angled inside the wall towards the couch, but they dont angle much... 

if that makes sense..

Archived