"Must Win GAME 16's" - historically

[quote name='Hint of Snow' timestamp='1325109212' post='1080712']
Isn't there also a Browns loss in there recently as well?
[/quote]
Yeah, at the end of 2003 I do believe when we finished 8-8...had we beat the Browns to go 9-7 we would have been in, but Kitna happened...

[quote name='ctfan73' timestamp='1325110017' post='1080716']
1984 beat the Bills the final week to keep hopes alive, didn't get help.
1986 beat the Jets but again didn't get help.
1990 beat the Browns the final week & got help, made the playoffs.
[/quote]

I was at that first one.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1325110051' post='1080717']
Yeah, at the end of 2003 I do believe when we finished 8-8...had we beat the Browns to go 9-7 we would have been in, but Kitna happened...
[/quote]

I was at that game. Horrible loss in cold and windy conditions. I remember Kitna mismanaging the clock at the end of the half, costing us a FG opportunity. The defense gave up a long TD to Lee Suggs in the 2nd half. Kitna struggled badly, mostly due to his small, carnie-like hands. Tim Couch was the winning QB for the Browns and Butch Davis was their coach.

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' timestamp='1325124463' post='1080758']

I was at that game. Horrible loss in cold and windy conditions. I remember Kitna mismanaging the clock at the end of the half, costing us a FG opportunity. The defense gave up a long TD to Lee Suggs in the 2nd half. Kitna struggled badly, mostly due to his small, carnie-like hands. Tim Couch was the winning QB for the Browns and Butch Davis was their coach.
[/quote]

I was there.. Bengals were like 9 point favorites... Suggs had like 180 yards and they smoked us... gross....

[quote name='Inigo Montoya' timestamp='1325124463' post='1080758']

Kitna struggled badly, mostly due to his small, carnie-like hands.
[/quote]
:lol:

And yet, there are many that recollect fondly on his days here as our QB...because he was a GREAT leader! More cowbell!

:lol:

Archived