[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1325574584' post='1083631']

[b]If Blackmon or Jeffries are available around #10 ... then it would be worth considering packaging picks to move up for either of them. [/b]
[/quote]

I heard Jeffries runs like a 4.6 40 which might drop him down to the end of round 1. DeCastro with pick 17 would be awesome it all starts up front and the Bengals could be set for next 10 years at LG/RG. Ball out of Wisconsin or Miller out of Miami would be nice with the second first rounder

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1325586452' post='1083638']
Is it just me or does draft talk during the playoffs[b] while we are in the playoffs[/b] irritate anyone else?

[img]http://jonathan-anderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/grumpy-old-man.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Plus pre senior bowl which changes the land scape tremendously in the draft.

Is it just me or does draft talk during the playoffs[b] while we are in the playoffs[/b] irritate anyone else?

[img]http://jonathan-anderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/grumpy-old-man.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

naa.. there are threads for playoff talk too. It's always fun to talk about the draft and the future of our favorite team. I am just glad that it's not all we have to talk about this year....

[color=#ff8c00][size=7]WHO-DEY[/size][/color]

[quote name='T.O.C.H.O SHOW' timestamp='1325560602' post='1083511']
has anyone considered the thought of the bengals trading up for Justin Blackmon? Im really not a big fan of this but I also would just love to what this could bring to the offense. According to NFL mocks he is projected at #6 to WAS.

If a 1st and a 3rd could do it do you pull the trigger? I probably just sit pat for anything more than that.
[/quote]

A first and a third won't get us to Blackmon. But if it would, yeah, I'd do it.

[/quote]

Why should it? There will be a draft either way. Heck, I'm up for talking about the next draft the Sunday after we finish the one for that year.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325598113' post='1083655']

no, but a first and a second could get us Richardson.
[/quote]

I might consider that if we get a good CB or OG in free agency.

[/quote]

Shouldn't irritate you at all. It is just something else to discuss and until you chimed in the pulse of this thread was good. If you aren't interested in draft talk you don't have to participate. Comments like this really have no place here, its no different than the grammar/spelling Nazi. This thread was intended to discuss the first run of mocks coming out now that a lot of the draft order has been established. With Oakland's pick which belongs to the Bengals (relevant) being set, draft experts are beginning to project who might be there at 17 when the Bengals pick. Its not as if GO and the Mods have locked all other threads here and forced you to join this one.

[/quote]

Nope. But only 'cuz regardless what happens with us in the playoffs (who knows what will happen in the AFC Championship game), we know we have the 17th pick to play with.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325598113' post='1083655']

no, but a first and a second could get us Richardson.
[/quote]
[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1325598671' post='1083660']

I might consider that if we get a good CB or OG in free agency.
[/quote]

I would be more than happy with drafting DeCastro with the Oak pick and packaging the 2nd first round pick and the 3rd rd pick for Blackmon or Richardson. I feel like if the Bengals can get their hands on Michael Bush in FA then obviously you don't target Richardson and at that point the focus would shift to Blackmon. I also think that Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffrey are guys that the Bengals could target with that 2nd first round pick. My gut feeling though is that with the way AJ Green has played this year I doubt any team that has a shot to draft Blackmon will pass him up for anything less than a 1 and 2. Talent like that can come in and make an immediate impact.

I would like to see the Bengals draft an OG and a DB or WR with those first two picks and target Michael Bush in FA. There will still be talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds at RB to add depth behind Bush. If the BPA with the 2nd first round pick isn't a WR I would like to see them target Tommy Streeter (6-5, 215, 4.49 40yd dash) from Miami with one of their 3rd round picks. He has great hands, will be a huge redzone threat, and most importantly is a high character guy.

[/quote]

Ok everyone only talk about the playoffs.

Barron from Alabama or Martin from OKstate are good looking safetys maybe get one of them in round 2. Damn with a lot of money to spend in free agency because of the quitter and all the draft picks n playoff experience the Bengals look to be a force for years to come.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1325602049' post='1083682']

I would be more than happy with drafting DeCastro with the Oak pick and packaging the 2nd first round pick and the 3rd rd comp pick from Ocho Cinco for Blackmon or Richardson. I feel like if the Bengals can get their hands on Michael Bush in FA then obviously you don't target Richardson and at that point the focus would shift to Blackmon. I also think that Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffrey are guys that the Bengals could target with that 2nd first round pick. My gut feeling though is that with the way AJ Green has played this year I doubt any team that has a shot to draft Blackmon will pass him up for anything less than a 1 and 2. Talent like that can come in and make an immediate impact.

I would like to see the Bengals draft an OG and a DB or WR with those first two picks and target Michael Bush in FA. There will still be talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds at RB to add depth behind Bush. If the BPA with the 2nd first round pick isn't a WR I would like to see them target Tommy Streeter (6-5, 215, 4.49 40yd dash) from Miami with one of their 3rd round picks. He has great hands, will be a huge redzone threat, and most importantly is a high character guy.
[/quote]

fwiw, it would take the #17 pick from Oakland to trade up, not the Bengals pick. Also, the Bengals got a 5th rounder for Ocho.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325602352' post='1083687']

fwiw, it would take the #17 pick from Oakland to trade up, not the Bengals pick. Also, the Bengals got a 5th rounder for Ocho.
[/quote]

I think DeCastro or Cordy Glenn could still be there at 17, I highly doubt either are there in the 20's where the Bengals pick would be. I thought I heard/read the Bengals would be awarded a 3rd for Ocho but now that you mention it when the trade went down they kept calling it a late rounder. Are the Bengals being awarded a comp 3rd for losing Joseph, maybe thats what I heard? Thanks for clarifying that

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1325603046' post='1083692']

I think DeCastro or Cordy Glenn could still be there at 17, I highly doubt either are there in the 20's where the Bengals pick would be. I thought I heard/read the Bengals would be awarded a 3rd for Ocho but now that you mention it when the trade went down they kept calling it a late rounder. Are the Bengals being awarded a comp 3rd for losing Joseph, maybe thats what I heard? Thanks for clarifying that
[/quote]

I guess my point is, you'd have to trade that #17 to get Richardson, so we're not getting Richardson AND Decastro.

They get a 5th for trading Chad, and I'll be shocked if they don't get a 3rd for Joseph.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1325602049' post='1083682']

I would be more than happy with drafting DeCastro with the Oak pick and packaging the 2nd first round pick and the [b]3rd rd comp pick from Ocho Cinco[/b] for Blackmon or Richardson...

[/quote]

First: the 3rd round compensation pick would be for Jonathan Joseph...Ocho Cinco was traded.

Second: compensation picks cannot be traded.

I'd be happy with any combination of these players in the 1st (not including guys who play the same position):
RB Trent Richardson - long shot but stranger things have happened
CB Dre Kirkpatrick - consensus #2 corner I could see falling to 17
OG David DeCastro - guards don't typically go top 15 so he should be there
WR Michael Floyd - would be an amazing compliment to Green
OG Cordy Glenn - could play anywhere but center
RB Lamar Miller - home run threat at RB we haven't had in a while
CB Alfonzo Denard - he's not as great as most people think but he's a solid player in the mold of Hall
WR Kendall Wright - Mike Wallace 2.0
DT Jerel Worthy - we may lose Sims to FA and the D was at it's best when we were rotating out players

[/quote]

Yeah, draft talk is always fun and harmless. I enjoy hearing who people think is out there and imagining them filling some glaring holes we may have.

[quote name='Cricket' timestamp='1325603299' post='1083694']

First: the 3rd round compensation pick would be for Jonathan Joseph...Ocho Cinco was traded.

Second: compensation picks cannot be traded.
[/quote]

1181 and i figured out that I was wrong on that one, I heard someone on espn 1530 either Mo or Artrell say that they would receive a 3rd round pick for Ocho but then realized that they possibly meant Joseph. That is good to know, however I was not aware they couldn't trade those picks away. Thanks for the heads up! I fixed it ;)

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1325605697' post='1083707']
I'd be happy with any combination of these players in the 1st (not including guys who play the same position):
RB Trent Richardson - long shot but stranger things have happened [b]Agreed. Especially the "long shot" part. [/b] :)
CB Dre Kirkpatrick - consensus #2 corner I could see falling to 17 [b]Have my doubts, but I'd love to get him[/b]
OG David DeCastro - guards don't typically go top 15 so he should be there [b]I'm[/b] [b]hoping, but given how often we have drafted OG in 1, I have my doubts that he would be our first pick.[/b]
WR Michael Floyd - would be an amazing compliment to Green [b]I'll be shocked if he's there at 17, and pissed if he is and we don't take him.[/b]
OG Cordy Glenn - could play anywhere but center [b]Want him with pick 2 unless DeCastro is pick 1. And maybe take him even so.[/b]
RB Lamar Miller - home run threat at RB we haven't had in a while [b]Agree[/b]
CB Alfonzo Denard - he's not as great as most people think but he's a solid player in the mold of Hall [b]Agree[/b]
WR Kendall Wright - Mike Wallace 2.0 [b]I don't think he's quite that fast, and I kind of want a bigger WR. Not sure he's someone I would want in 1 anyway given our other needs. For me a WR in 1 would have to be someone who would be too good a value to pass up on.[/b]
DT Jerel Worthy - we may lose Sims to FA and the D was at it's best when we were rotating out players [b]If we lose Sims, I definitely want a DT somewhere, but not sure I use a 1 on a rotational player.[/b]
[/quote]

See bold comments.

[/quote]

It's fucking weak.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1325612882' post='1083764']

It's fucking weak.
[/quote]

We're just used to it, and I'm all for figuring out ways to improve this team.

Plus it's exciting knowing we have 2 1st round draft picks.....when was the last time that happened?

+ here's to oakland going 0-16 next season.

Archived