Really hard to work up a Mock until we know the outcome of Free Agency. If we sign Bush, then drafting a Pead in round 3 would make a lot of sense to me. I like Bernard Scott as a 6th round pick making good, but I'm not sure I like him as a #2 RB for more than another season or 2 - while I [b]LOVE[/b] Pead as a #2. Then all of the high RB targets in the draft aren't necessary, and we can tighten our focus on OG, CB, S - etc.

I heard that Colston from the Saints is a FA as well, and he would be a killer #2 WR for us, and that takes that need off the table as well. Not sure if my facts are accurate though.

[quote name='UCJT' timestamp='1325616168' post='1083801']
Really hard to work up a Mock until we know the outcome of Free Agency. If we sign Bush, then drafting a Pead in round 3 would make a lot of sense to me. I like Bernard Scott as a 6th round pick making good, but I'm not sure I like him as a #2 RB for more than another season or 2 - while I [b]LOVE[/b] Pead as a #2. Then all of the high RB targets in the draft aren't necessary, and we can tighten our focus on OG, CB, S - etc.

I heard that Colston from the Saints is a FA as well, and he would be a killer #2 WR for us, and that takes that need off the table as well. Not sure if my facts are accurate though.
[/quote]

I'd be shocked if they let Colston go. Lance Moore on the other hand may get free.

I'd really like to see the Bengals go hard after Carl Nicks, Michael Bush and one of two or three guys at WR, CB and Safety. Land any two and it makes the draft even clearer. Even if they were to land Nicks, I'd still take DeCastro at 17. Really like what I have seen of him.

Cook
Nicks
DeCastro
Smith
Whitworth
McGlynn
Boling
Hudson
Collins

I'd want to draft a mid-to-late round backup tackle of Collins doesn't- re-up (especially someone who could backup LT).

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1325624258' post='1083863']
Bush doesnt have the speed I'd want.
[/quote]
LIkewise. This team has been in need of a home run hitter for a while. I say we utilize our FB for the hard yards if he proves that he can tote the rock a little bit, and we get a speedster who is always in danger of taking it to the house. Doesn't mean they can't be durable. But someone like McCoy. We need a weapon back there that other teams fear.

And I'd totally be down to trade up for Richardson. we have 2 1sts. If a 1st and a 2nd gets it done, I'd say get it done. He's a talent that just doesn't come around that often.

Also, what about CB Brent Grimes? For the Falcons. He's a FA this offseason I believe. 28 years old. Pro Bowl last year. Injury this year kept him out of some games, but he's a damn good corner. Will be curious to see how he handles Cruz this weekend. The kid can ball though from what I remember. I'd like to get a vet on the opposite side of Leon so we could focus on shoring up our offense around our young QB

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1325623936' post='1083862']
Sign Michael Bush, draft Floyd and Glenn in the first. Offense is now ridiculously good.

Corner in round 2. Some combo of RB/DT/safety in 3rd.
[/quote]

This is a dream off season. That will never happen. Bush will either sign an extension or get a higher bidder else where. Floyd just won't be there when we draft.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1325630056' post='1083913']

This is a dream off season. That will never happen. Bush will either sign an extension or get a higher bidder else where. Floyd just won't be there when we draft.
[/quote]

I don't know about bush. 1 I highly doubt hell resign with Oakland to be a backup to dmac. 2 we have a lot of money to spend probably, thanks to getting rid of Carson. 3 isn't he from these neck of the woods?

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1325629543' post='1083911']
I think if we want a stud corner, we have to draft him in the first round. CB is about the only position I can think of where you really HAVE to pick them high to get a premier player. Who was the last shutdown corner picked after the first or second round?
[/quote]

This.

Get us a CB with one of those 2 first round picks. Outside of that unless Richardson falls I think there are more than a number of decent RBs in this draft that we dont have to go RB in 1.

Whyy the hell do you guys want michael bush
I know hes good and all but the longest run he will get for us is like 40 yards and thats about it
We need someone that can go the damn distance as in 60 yards or something,getting bush is basically getting a slower and bigger ced benson
ill pass

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1325627843' post='1083894']
LIkewise. This team has been in need of a home run hitter for a while. I say we utilize our FB for the hard yards if he proves that he can tote the rock a little bit, and we get a speedster who is always in danger of taking it to the house. Doesn't mean they can't be durable. But someone like McCoy. We need a weapon back there that other teams fear.

And I'd totally be down to trade up for Richardson. we have 2 1sts. If a 1st and a 2nd gets it done, I'd say get it done. He's a talent that just doesn't come around that often.
[/quote]

I think if I was going to trade a 1st and 2nd for a running back, I'd talk to Chicago about Forte. Chicago supposedly is going to franchise him, because they don't want to give him a big deal, and I personally think he would be absolutely perfect in our WCO.

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1325633383' post='1083935']
Whyy the hell do you guys want michael bush
I know hes good and all but the longest run he will get for us is like 40 yards and thats about it
We need someone that can go the damn distance as in 60 yards or something,getting bush is basically getting a slower and bigger ced benson
ill pass
[/quote]

everyone gets over enamored with the home run. Give me a back that's consistently going to average 4.5ypc and let's roll.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1325629728' post='1083912']
Agreed with what youre saying about CB. Also, whats peoples opinions on the RB from Miami? Hearing from a lot of mocks that we may be looking at him
[/quote]

Lamar Miller from Miami is a home run hitter and a great all around back. He is a high character guy and would be a great addition to the Bengals locker room. I would still want to target Bush in FA as a Bruiser back and use Miller as the COP back. I am ready to part ways with Ced. Bernard is a nice player considering where he was taken but he is average at best, its time to move on imo.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325616312' post='1083804']

I'd be shocked if they let Colston go. Lance Moore on the other hand may get free.
[/quote]

I don't know what the Bengals would do with Lance Moore, he primarily plays the slot. With Ship coming back and A. Hawkins continuing to develop id think we are set at this position.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325594489' post='1083641']

I'd imagine he could play both. I've only seen him play RG. I'd love to put him right in at RG and put Boling at LG.
[/quote]

just a hunch, but i doubt at his current 310lbs you'd see the same dominating player you see in college, since he'd be going up against the NFL's biggest linemen (generally nose tackles). what i see that decastro does best is pull and his size and athleticism would seem to make him a perfect fit at LG. now i'm not saying he possibly couldn't man the RG position. but i doubt he'll ever be the kind of dominating player there that would equate to a 1st round investment.

Not a fan of trading for Forte. RBs don't have long careers and Forte is half way through his. He's coming off a major injury, though he wants to play in the pro bowl to show teams he's healthy. He's a fine receiving RB, but not that great a ball carrier as he lacks power. A lot of it is due to the interior O-line but the Bengals aren't very good in short yardage situations.

I'd love a combination of Bush and Pead. Hell Tolbert and Pead would do. We just need a bell cow and we need to effectively spell him with a shifty guy like Pead. Both Tolbert and Bush can catch out of the backfield and block. Looking at Tolbert's numbers and age show he might be a better option at this point, but Bush may be more compelled since he is from KY.

Archived