Marvin Lewis about to get on Collin Cowherd

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1325545274' post='1083404']

FIFY!
[/quote]

At least if you are going to call me stupid, tell me where I was wrong. If anything, I left out some of Marvin's faults like his poor clock management and his horrendous record of using play challenges at the right/wrong times. Once again, all of these complaints are failures that Marvin has had over his entire coaching career...he is just not a good sideline leader.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1325545488' post='1083406']

Neither team has been a perennial threat since 2004, which is a big contrast to our division. And yes, the Pats also have an easy division. When the Jets got decent then not so coincidentally the Pats didn't make the playoffs.

You won't get an arguement from me about how the 2010 changes we made were a mistake. We need to be able to run the ball - hell look at how key our inability to make short yardage plays has been all year. I think an all out offensive team like the Colts is a mistake in this division even if we had the personnel - which we do not, yet. We need a D, and to be able to pound it, then send AJ Green for the jugular.
[/quote]

Ut oh you are starting to sound like Al Davis. Run the ball and get vertical. The only problem is, the Bengals brought in Gruden because they want to run the WCO. I think the success of Green Bay has blinded Mike Brown to what the AFC North is supposed to be all about. Can the Bengals win in the AFC North with the WCO? Sure they can, if they find a way to convert more third and short plays. When you play against other teams that are running the ball more than you and working the clock, it's essential to get those third down plays to give your defense more of a rest. Could you imagine how bad the Bengals defense would be without the defensive line rotation they have? They would be getting gashed.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325541298' post='1083351']How do you think the Steelers feel going into the playoffs at 12-4 and a #5 seed?[/quote]

Fuck the Steelers. What part of that don't you get?

:steelerssuck:

[quote] Good teams find a way to always beat the teams they should[/quote]

:facepalm:

Always. There are no upsets, ever.

[quote]
The negative attributes the Bengals still possess comes down to coaching and [i]the atmosphere that has surrounded the team[/i].
[/quote]

Well we will probably lose both our offensive and defensive coordinators in the next couple of years, likely a few others, that should prevent any future fiascos such as this.

Pfft, Wild Card with a rookie offense.. FIRE EVERYONE!@!!!@~@~!~!@#~%#GSGFDAFD

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1325546160' post='1083412']

Fuck the Steelers. What part of that don't you get?

:steelerssuck:

:facepalm:

Always. There are no upsets, ever.

Well we will probably lose both our offensive and defensive coordinators in the next couple of years, likely a few others, that should prevent any future fiascos such as this.

Pfft, Wild Card with a rookie offense.. FIRE EVERYONE!@!!!@~@~!~!@#~%#GSGFDAFD
[/quote]

I don't know why I am even responding to this post, but here you go. I'd write this in crayon so you could understand it better but I can't. First off I didn't say anything about the coordinators, simply Marvin Lewis in particular. Since you can't discredit what I actually said I can see why you decided to make stuff up.

The Steeler's comment was made to make a point that a team can only be good if other teams are bad. The Ravens were 12-4 this year, and the Steelers were 12-4 and the #5 seed in the playoffs. Despite being in the same division as two 12-4 teams, the Bengals went 9-7 and made the playoffs.

Upsets? Never? Nope...but they aren't upsets if one team wasn't SUPPOSED to win. Upsets happen, but if they happenned all the time they wouldn't be upsets now would they? And yes, there will not be a change in atmosphere until the Bengals create a new one. Winning one year and sucking hind tit the next isn't a turn in the positive direction. Winning the Wild Card one year, making the playoffs again the next year, and throwing in a division title would be a change of atmosphere.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325545905' post='1083409']

Ut oh you are starting to sound like Al Davis. Run the ball and get vertical. The only problem is, the Bengals brought in Gruden because they want to run the WCO. I think the success of Green Bay has blinded Mike Brown to what the AFC North is supposed to be all about. Can the Bengals win in the AFC North with the WCO? Sure they can, if they find a way to convert more third and short plays. When you play against other teams that are running the ball more than you and working the clock, it's essential to get those third down plays to give your defense more of a rest. Could you imagine how bad the Bengals defense would be without the defensive line rotation they have? They would be getting gashed.
[/quote]

I'm not sure how WCO they can be with the Ravens DBs waiting to jump the route for a pick 6 or disembowel our WR. But we shall see. But the third and short failures are the biggest issue on O, just as the big plays are on D and lack of INTs.

I think Griden will be too in love with what he can do with Green and Simpson deep to go all the way to dink and dunk. And the Steelers and Ravens are built to beat teams that try ot avoid them short. You have to take it to them to have a chance.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325546757' post='1083418']

First off I didn't say anything about the coordinators, simply Marvin Lewis in particular.

[/quote]

You said [i]coaching[/i]. In the future I will know when you say "coaching" you mean OMG FIRE MARVIN!!1

Which is what I suspected, anyway.

[quote]Since you can't discredit what I actually said I can see why you decided to make stuff up.[/quote]

That's interesting that I "made up" a playoff spot. The one that discredits pretty much every weak-ass "point" of your untimely, unwanted & unnecessary bitching.

Marvin has been in the discussion for COTY, yet you blame him for.. what, exactly? Winning?

I thought everything was Mike Brown's fault anyway.. Can you guys at least be consistent with your, um.. "realism"?

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1325548532' post='1083438']

You said [i]coaching[/i]. In the future I will know when you say "coaching" you mean OMG FIRE MARVIN!!1

Which is what I suspected, anyway.

That's interesting that I "made up" a playoff spot. The one that discredits pretty every weak-ass "point" of your untimely, unwanted & unnecessary bitching.

Marvin has been in the discussion for COTY, yet you blame him for.. what, exactly? Winning?

I thought everything was Mike Brown's fault anyway.. Can you guys at least be consistent with your, um.. "realism"?
[/quote]

Once again all you ignore the facts. How quickly you forget the 4-12 season LAST year. I have said several times I am happy with this year, but give credit where it is due, to the PLAYERS on the field. How smart of a move was it that Marvin passed up on a 47 yard FG against Denver with less than 5 minutes to go in the game, with a super accurate kicker in Nugent...then lose by 2? Marvin has made this kind of poor decisions throughout his career with Cincinnati. A lot of the time the players have to save Marvin from his own mistakes. It's not bitching, it's stating it like it is. If you don't like it, prove me wrong or STFU. Winning might solve the problem for a year, but if next year he brings out a team that lays an egg and goes 5-11 what good was it? Marvin needs to get off the sidelines and move into the front office and allow a real general to take his place on the sideline.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325549099' post='1083445']

Once again all you ignore the facts. How quickly you forget the 4-12 season LAST year. I have said several times I am happy with this year, but give credit where it is due, to the PLAYERS on the field. How smart of a move was it that Marvin passed up on a 47 yard FG against Denver with less than 5 minutes to go in the game, with a super accurate kicker in Nugent...then lose by 2? Marvin has made this kind of poor decisions throughout his career with Cincinnati. A lot of the time the players have to save Marvin from his own mistakes. It's not bitching, it's stating it like it is. If you don't like it, prove me wrong or STFU. Winning might solve the problem for a year, but if next year he brings out a team that lays an egg and goes 5-11 what good was it? Marvin needs to get off the sidelines and move into the front office and allow a real general to take his place on the sideline.
[/quote]

Then to be consistent, you should be blaming the players last year and not Marvin.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1325549195' post='1083446']

Then to be consistent, you should be blaming the players last year and not Marvin.
[/quote]

No because many agree that the success of the team last year was going to be Marvin's ability to mesh and motivate a highly talented group of divas. He couldn't, and they failed, miserably.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325549099' post='1083445']

[/quote]

you can't give the players the credit for this year and the coaches the blame for last year.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325549352' post='1083448']

No because many agree that the success of the team last year was going to be Marvin's ability to mesh and motivate a highly talented group of divas. He couldn't, and they failed, miserably.
[/quote]

Many? You and who else?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325549404' post='1083450']

you can't give the players the credit for this year and the coaches the blame for last year.
[/quote]

Sure you can when you take into account the differences. First off, last year the Bengals took a team that was the division winner in 2009 and made changes that they thought was going to be for the better. Keeping a lot of the same players they already had and weren't learning a new system. All the guys needed last year was some coaching and motivation.

This year the Bengals have a new O-coordinator and some young players that don't have the bad habits. They also don't need that motivation that some of the veterans need, because they are still young and hungry. Most of them are also used to winning and still have that fresh in their minds. They haven't been playing in the Siberia of the NFL for a few years.

Fact is, there are some teams that the make up requires more coaching than others.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1325549618' post='1083451']

Many? You and who else?
[/quote]

Go back and read the pre-season write ups for last year. The first thing it says, is usually something along the lines of "If MArvin can get these guys to mesh together they can go far."

I know being Old and all it might be hard to remember back 2 years...but that's what the internet is for! jk! :frantics:

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325549675' post='1083452']

Sure you can when you take into account the differences. First off, last year the Bengals took a team that was the division winner in 2009 and made changes that they thought was going to be for the better. Keeping a lot of the same players they already had and weren't learning a new system. All the guys needed last year was some coaching and motivation.

This year the Bengals have a new O-coordinator and some young players that don't have the bad habits. They also don't need that motivation that some of the veterans need, because they are still young and hungry. Most of them are also used to winning and still have that fresh in their minds. They haven't been playing in the Siberia of the NFL for a few years.

Fact is, there are some teams that the make up requires more coaching than others.
[/quote]

That's quite a story, don't buy it though. We made it through 2009 with a weak O line that was propped up with tricks like the unbalanced line. Going away from the run first was a mistake because the line failures led to Carson getting hammered. It wasn't motivation that led to our offense being dormant for three quarters out of four. It was a failed strategy that wasn't all that great even when we had the people to run it.

The Divas only became a problem after the offense was already failing. Putting them all on IR cleared that up. And I think the fact that the O coordinator got fired and Marvin did not tells you who was backing the pass-first stuff...Brat/Carson or Marv.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1325550268' post='1083458']

That's quite a story, don't buy it though. We made it through 2009 with a weak O line that was propped up with tricks like the unbalanced line. Going away from the run first was a mistake because the line failures led to Carson getting hammered. It wasn't motivation that led to our offense being dormant for three quarters out of four. It was a failed strategy that wasn't all that great even when we had the people to run it.

The Divas only became a problem after the offense was already failing. Putting them all on IR cleared that up. And I think the fact that the O coordinator got fired and Marvin did not tells you who was backing the pass-first stuff...Brat/Carson or Marv.
[/quote]

Well we know why Carson is gone, he quit on the team after he didn't get the changes he wanted. We also know why Brat is gone, because he couldn't call a game if he had 2 plays to choose from. He reminded me of John Cooper coaching at Ohio State. You could write it in stone, third and 10 would be a draw play every time. Why is Marvin still around? Marvin didn't get any offers from anywhere else, and Mike Brown made him an offer he couldn't refuse...the only offer that is.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325550667' post='1083463']

Well we know why Carson is gone, he quit on the team after he didn't get the changes he wanted. We also know why Brat is gone, because he couldn't call a game if he had 2 plays to choose from. He reminded me of John Cooper coaching at Ohio State. You could write it in stone, third and 10 would be a draw play every time. Why is Marvin still around? Marvin didn't get any offers from anywhere else, and Mike Brown made him an offer he couldn't refuse...the only offer that is.
[/quote]

What changes did Carson want that he didn't get? We put his baby brother on the roster, for chrissakes.

He quit because he quit. End of Story.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1325550827' post='1083465']

What changes did Carson want that he didn't get? We put his baby brother on the roster, for chrissakes.

He quit because he quit. End of Story.
[/quote]

Per Cincyjungle.com

[quote]
According to Bengals radio play-by-play man Brad Johansen, during his meeting with Mike Brown last week, Carson Palmer demanded a trade after "[url="http://twitter.com/#%21/bradjohansen/statuses/29633722156326912"]numerous requests to Mike Brown for change in order to return[/url]."
This is similar to head coach Marvin Lewis' demands for change before he re-signed with the club. Reported changes ranged from improving the scouting department, an indoor practice bubble (or facility), more control over staffing amongst his coaches and even making the choice on which players can be listed as inactive on gameday.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/1/24/1953722/brad-johansen-carson-palmer-made-numerous-requests-for-change-in"]http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/1/24/1953722/brad-johansen-carson-palmer-made-numerous-requests-for-change-in[/url]

I'd bet that one of Carson's first requests...get rid of Brat. :lol:

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325549675' post='1083452']

[/quote]

well that's quite a big load of, well, let's say it smells pretty bad. :lol:

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325551097' post='1083469']

Per Cincyjungle.com

[url="http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/1/24/1953722/brad-johansen-carson-palmer-made-numerous-requests-for-change-in"]http://www.cincyjung...s-for-change-in[/url]

I'd bet that one of Carson's first requests...get rid of Brat. :lol:
[/quote]

Isn't that the meeting that never actually happened?

And Carson wanted control of who was made inactive?

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1325551681' post='1083476']

Isn't that the meeting that never actually happened?

And Carson wanted control of who was made inactive?
[/quote]

Oh no...a conspiracy theorist. Can I get a picture of Andy Dalton on the grassy knoll? JFK was shot with the Red Rifle?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325551827' post='1083478']

Oh no...a conspiracy theorist. Can I get a picture of Andy Dalton on the grassy knoll? JFK was shot with the Red Rifle?
[/quote]

I just remember a meeting that was reported, and then denied by everyone. Isn't that what it was. I still don't hear you saying what changes Carson as a QB demanded and didn't get.

Practice bubble and more scouts don't count - that's not in the QB job description.

Well from what I read he wanted more modern stuff for the players, better food catered in, and Brat gone. I don't think Carson was the only one that wanted Brat gone. I seem to recall some of the players making fun at the size of Gruden's playbook compared to Brat's.

Archived