Marvin Lewis about to get on Collin Cowherd

[quote name='Bengal27' timestamp='1325619808' post='1083832']
Weston has to be thinking, how the hell did I get a 3 day banishment when Lewdog is still around.
[/quote]

Lol what have done to deserve a banishment? Just because I don't agree with a rule in the NFL? Or is it because I have principals in not being a fairweather fan regarding my stance on a coach? I have made several points about why I don't believe Marvin is a great head coach, despite being a great football person. He just lacks some of the characteristics that would make him a great head coach. This board is definitely nothing like I remembered, or maybe it is. A person can't have a dissenting opinion, or else get booted...funny how that works out huh?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325620100' post='1083834']

Lol what have done to deserve a banishment? Just because I don't agree with a rule in the NFL? Or is it because I have principals in not being a fairweather fan regarding my stance on a coach? I have made several points about why I don't believe Marvin is a great head coach, despite being a great football person. He just lacks some of the characteristics that would make him a great head coach. [b]This board is definitely nothing like I remembered, or maybe it is.[/b] A person can't have a dissenting opinion, or else get booted...funny how that works out huh?
[/quote]

well at least that confirms my suspicion that you're a former poster under a new identity.

Lol what have done to deserve a banishment? Just because I don't agree with a rule in the NFL? Or is it because I have principals in not being a fairweather fan regarding my stance on a coach? I have made several points about why I don't believe Marvin is a great head coach, despite being a great football person. He just lacks some of the characteristics that would make him a great head coach. This board is definitely nothing like I remembered, or maybe it is. A person can't have a dissenting opinion, or else get booted...funny how that works out huh?
[/quote]

Dude, I don't agree w baniishments either and I don't think ur a racist, very misguided maybe. Marvin took over a terrible culture, the worst in football and turned it around. The media that still refers to us as the Bengals irritate me to no end as do the trolls on here that rip our team in spite of the great strides we have made this year. This was a rebuilding year that turned into a playoff year and we look great going forward. All this happened when experts deemed our offseason the worst ever. We should be proud and onboard, not nitpicking. Our Bengals are on the edge of future greatness, enjoy the damn ride.

[quote name='Bengal27' timestamp='1325620559' post='1083836']

Dude, I don't agree w baniishments either and I don't think ur a racist, very misguided maybe. Marvin took over a terrible culture, the worst in football and turned it around. The media that still refers to us as the Bengals irritate me to no end as do the trolls on here that rip our team in spite of the great strides we have made this year. This was a rebuilding year that turned into a playoff year and we look great going forward. All this happened when experts deemed our offseason the worst ever. We should be proud and onboard, not nitpicking. Our Bengals are on the edge of future greatness, enjoy the damn ride.
[/quote]

Sorry, Bengals, damn autocorrect.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1325618425' post='1083827']
You just said the only reason you thought Marvin was hired is because he was black, and you continue to hate on him because you didn't like him to begin with.

'Nuff said about you.

The only reason I got to read that abortion of a thought is because someone quoted it, unfortunately.
[/quote]

he's just mad that the black guy that was toasting buns got moved to the grill and he's still stuck on fries.

:20: :20:

[b]Lol what have done to deserve a banishment? [/b] Just because I don't agree with a rule in the NFL? Or is it because I have principals in not being a fairweather fan regarding my stance on a coach? I have made several points about why I don't believe Marvin is a great head coach, despite being a great football person. He just lacks some of the characteristics that would make him a great head coach. This board is definitely nothing like I remembered, or maybe it is. A person can't have a dissenting opinion, or else get booted...funny how that works out huh?
[/quote]

lol '27 was joking.

I don't think you deserve banishment. I don't agree with you on much, and you say a lot of inaccurate things, but you at least talk football unlike some here. And at least you're not hanging merely on the bad jokes that made up your first 40 posts. :lol:

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325618826' post='1083829']

No, I think him being black and the fact that the NFL has a rule like the Rooney rule is why Marvin got hired. There were other coaches who I thought were better qualified than he was. Sure rules like the Rooney rule hold their purpose in certain situations but it also creates reverse racism when someone disagrees with a decision that was made. That's how I feel. I look at Marvin as if he is a neutral color as compared to all other coaching candidates and as doing so thought he shouldn't have been hired. BUT, because he is black, and the NFL does employee the Rooney rule, and every year there was a point made at the number of Black coaches in the NFL, and how many coaches would even get interviews, the NFL is the one that started it all. When Marvin was hired, Mike Brown was dealing with a pretty big storm around the franchise and needed to deflect some of that with some positive PR, so he hired Marvin, a black head coach with a positive background in defense and being on a Super Bowl champion. That sounds good and all, but there were other coaches out there with actual head coaching experience that would have a lot better suited for dealing with the situation in Cincinnati at the time.

Once again my opinion of him as a head coaching candidate had nothing to do with him being black, it is simply a state the NFL has put itself in.
[/quote]

There are plenty of underqualified, white coaches hired (and fired) around the NFL. Those owners didn't need the Rooney Rule to hire them. But I guess the one time an "underqualified" (which is a laughable stance at best to take) black guy is hired, it's ONLY because the rules made it that way?

Coincidentally, Marvin is, what, the third longest tenured head coach right now?

You don't get shit because you "have unbiased opinions," it's because they're based little in fact and a lot in hypotheticals you made up in your head.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1325621638' post='1083846']

There are plenty of underqualified, white coaches hired (and fired) around the NFL. Those owners didn't need the Rooney Rule to hire them. But I guess the one time an "underqualified" (which is a laughable stance at best to take) black guy is hired, it's ONLY because the rules made it that way?

Coincidentally, Marvin is, what, the third longest tenured head coach right now?

You don't get shit because you "have unbiased opinions," it's because they're based little in fact and a lot in hypotheticals you made up in your head.
[/quote]

No MArvin is one of the longest tenured coaches because Mike Brown is one of the most loyal owners in the league. He'll let the Captain go down with the ship for sure.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325621621' post='1083845']

lol '27 was joking.

I don't think you deserve banishment. I don't agree with you on much, and you say a lot of inaccurate things, but you at least talk football unlike some here. And at least you're not hanging merely on the bad jokes that made up your first 40 posts. :lol:
[/quote]

Damn you thought my jokes were lame? I'm offended.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325618073' post='1083822']

There have been several great coordinators that just weren't head coaching material. Mike Martz put together the greatest offense of all time in St. Louis but has always sucked as a head coach. Marvin reminds me of that quiet kid in the back of the class that never seems to be paying attention and instead doodling all the time, yet every paper you pass back to him he has an 'A' grade on it. He comprehends the material, he can exress the material, but as a head coach I don't think he has that motivational ability.
[/quote]

You can argue that with hinesight (though I'd argue that with him winning coach of the year, it makes it hard) but I dont think anyone can legitimately argue that as a D coord he was more than ready to take the next step.

I'd argue that Marvin needs to now take the next step an win in the playoffs to prove he deserves to still be here.

[quote name='big_dish' timestamp='1325542853' post='1083378']
Off topic of me, but speaking of the Colts, word is they are firing the Polians. How's that for accountability? Jesuuus. Something like a decade of 12+ win seasons, then you have one bad year and heads roll. Wow.
[/quote]

Its real simple for me. Jim irsay is just setting he tone for someone to come in and draft luck. whoever comes in will have no allegiance to manning. complete overhaul.

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1325624288' post='1083864']

Its real simple for me. Jim irsay is just setting he tone for someone to come in and draft luck. whoever comes in will have no allegiance to manning. complete overhaul.
[/quote]

From what I have read it is the opposite. The Polian's wanted to draft Luck, and Irsay wants to keep Manning. It will be interesting to see if Manning stays in Indy or not. Would anyone trade for his huge contract? Would they cut him and take a huge loss?

[quote name='SouthPaw' timestamp='1325624288' post='1083864']
[/quote]

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1325624436' post='1083867']
From what I have read it is the opposite. The Polian's wanted to draft Luck, and Irsay wants to keep Manning. It will be interesting to see if Manning stays in Indy or not. Would anyone trade for his huge contract? Would they cut him and take a huge loss?
[/quote]

Interesting. I figured Polian would be forever committed to Peyton thus this was the best way to cut ties, especially with Saturday, Wayne, Mathis, and maybe even Clark (?) gone next year.

I think the Jets are the only team in the leauge willing to do enough manuevering to acquire Peyton and that contract (though I imagine they'd want it restructured) and ballsy enough to bench their "franchise QB" and declare to the world that its Super Bowl now or everyone is fired.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1325623232' post='1083859']

You can argue that with [b]hinesight[/b] ...

[/quote]

I knew if I waded through this train wreck of a thread I'd find a gem. Thank you Jamie! Your lack of spelling ability makes even the lamest thread worth experiencing!

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1325626868' post='1083882']

I knew if I waded through this train wreck of a thread I'd find a gem. Thank you Jamie! Your lack of spelling ability makes even the lamest thread worth experiencing!
[/quote]

Wait...is Hinesight that one attribute that Keith Rivers was lacking?

Yep, I guess you know me. So when someone makes an accusation about you, like was made towards me, I shouldn't have defended myself. Thanks for trying to lump me in with pedophiles. That's classy. I don't believe in banishments either for most cases, but saying someone is in the class of a racist and pedophile without some hard evidence sure fits the bill in my book.

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1325627850' post='1083895']
I apologize. My intention was to group you with LIARS. "I'm not a Z." Z could be anything. Railfans for all I care -- because [i]I'm[/i] not a railfan.
[/quote]

Do you not understand your logic? Just because you have your own preconcieved idea of how a person is, that if they defend their stance then they must be guilty? That has to be the most backassward logic there is.

Archived