!!!!BENGALS @ TEXANS PLAYOFF GAME THREAD!!!!

[quote name='8675309' timestamp='1325984839' post='1086462']

Sorry, but that's what he said.
[/quote]

and he also said on more than one occasion that our offer wasn't as good as houston's. if you don't franchise the guy, thinking your best shot is to later match other offers from other teams, your offer better damn well be the best one on the table....especially after your franchise QB just left town. they could have made sure he stayed around. he damned near begged them to franchise and expressed his desire to stay on more than one occasion. they made their own bed. we saw them have to sleep in it both during the season and in this playoff game.

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' timestamp='1325985213' post='1086484']

How often do you even come here? are you even a Bengals fan? It's just really bad timing, I for one am not happy for ANY player on the Texans, ex-bengal or not.
[/quote]

I come by a lot actually. But since my work got bought by a stricter, larger company, I cant sign in or read at work. So I pop in when I can from other places, but rarely do more than read. And since Nuge was doing well, I didn't feel compelled to post. I'm a little protective of kickers...sue me.

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' timestamp='1325985213' post='1086484']

How often do you even come here? are you even a Bengals fan? It's just really bad timing, I for one am not happy for ANY player on the Texans, ex-bengal or not.
[/quote]

get off sis' ass. she hasn't done anything wrong, here. losing sucks, but don't take your feelings out on someone you have no reason to.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1325985483' post='1086498']

and he also said on more than one occasion that our offer wasn't as good as houston's. if you don't franchise the guy, thinking your best shot is to later match other offers from other teams, your offer better damn well be the best one on the table....especially after your franchise QB just left town. they could have made sure he stayed around. he damned near begged them to franchise and expressed his desire to stay on more than one occasion. they made their own bed. we saw them have to sleep in it both during the season and in this playoff game.
[/quote]

I never heard or read where JJO said that, but I'll take your word for it. It all come down to the fact that he should been franchised and we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' timestamp='1325986237' post='1086544']
I never said she was a bad person, I actually have enjoyed her being around in the past, but there is a time for saying some things, and a time for not. This is not a time to come on and brag about how great ANY player on the opposing team did.
[/quote]

and yet, she wasn't bragging. Maybe you're drunk, maybe you're just always like this, but shut up already. All you're doing is acting like a fool.

[quote name='8675309' timestamp='1325985914' post='1086528']

I never heard or read where JJO said that, but I'll take your word for it. It all come down to the fact that he should been franchised and we wouldn't be talking about this right now.
[/quote]

i'll certainly agree with you on the last part, brother. now we'll see ourselves essentially wasting a 1st round pick that we can only hope will evolve into the player that JJ obviously already is. it's hard to make it over the hump that way. when your best players evolve into franchise type players, you have to lock them down. the situation only gets magnified more with the knowledge that our franchise QB was leaving town and $13M in salary was being freed up. i'll give mike credit. things worked out pretty well in spite of all that, but he certainly made a mistake letting joseph go to another team.

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1325986204' post='1086541']
We Are Going To The Superbowl next year!!!!!!!
[/quote]

You never know. It could happen, there are some pretty good pieces in place already. And don't forget that the Bengals are the youngest team in the AFC, so lots of improvement could happen as well.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1325986491' post='1086560']

i'll certainly agree with you on the last part, brother. now we'll see ourselves essentially wasting a 1st round pick that we can only hope will evolve into the player that JJ obviously already is. it's hard to make it over the hump that way. when your best players evolve into franchise type players, you have to lock them down. the situation only gets magnified more with the knowledge that our franchise QB was leaving town and $13M in salary was being freed up. i'll give mike credit. things worked out pretty well in spite of all that, but he certainly made a mistake letting joseph go to another team.
[/quote]

Yah, the Bengals almost have to take a CB in the 1st at this point. JJO aside, they have no idea how Hall is going to return. That really hurt the team when he went down.

One thing is for sure. I'm actually ok Carson is gone, and I think Dalton did a great job this year. With the old OC gone and a chance to use the momentum gained this year, next year could be a great year. I thought this year would be a lot worse, so I see it as the Bengals are ahead of where they expected at this point. But I'm worried that Marvin can't take the next step.

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1325986880' post='1086577']
One thing is for sure. I'm actually ok Carson is gone, and I think Dalton did a great job this year. With the old OC gone and a chance to use the momentum gained this year, next year could be a great year. I thought this year would be a lot worse, so I see it as the Bengals are ahead of where they expected at this point. But I'm worried that Marvin can't take the next step.
[/quote]

Now that I can agree with.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1325986446' post='1086558']

and yet, she wasn't bragging. Maybe you're drunk, maybe you're just always like this, but shut up already. All you're doing is acting like a fool.
[/quote]

Yeah, I have had a few, and I am in a really shitty mood. I appologize.

Hobson ...

[u][color=#0066CC]Watt turns out light on Bengals season[/color][/u]

[u][color=#0066CC][url="http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Watt-turns-out-light-on-Bengals-season/9214dd86-f9dd-43e1-a9d3-c692f201d3e2"]http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Watt-turns-out-light-on-Bengals-season/9214dd86-f9dd-43e1-a9d3-c692f201d3e2[/url][/color][/u]

[u][color=#0066CC] :suicide: [/color][/u]

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' timestamp='1325987520' post='1086623']

That one was mainly aimed her way.
[/quote]

Accepted. I should know by now how raw it hurts right after the game. It was just finally a time I was home and could actually post when it was close to gametime.

Rough Loss. Several plays stand out to me that have been typical of this team all year and are typical of Marvin's teams.
[list=1]
[*]The pick off late in the game that really sealed it. We went to the well just one too many times Our offense lacks creativity and the Texans were prepared for everything we tried on them. How many times do we score first and then disappear as teams adjust and we don't? When things are not going great we tend to just try to throw deep to AJ Green. Things will need to change for next year.
[*]The run by Foster where Crocker displayed the worst tackling I have ever seen. Our teams always lack fundamentals, we don't do the little things to win. No way that type of play happens to a championship team. Everyone just seemed to stop on the play assuming he was out of bounds.
[*]The interception by Watt for the TD. Not a great play by Dalton by any means but it was a great play by Watt and that stuff tends to happen. What the worst thing was is that after that play I had the feeling the team just gave up like they did not all year. It felt like last year under Carson. "Here we go again...this one is over."
[/list]
With all that said we have so much to build off this team will be great next year. Just need to work on fundamentals and discipline and trying to dictate things on offense and defense instead of just letting everything happen to them.

[url="https://twitter.com/#!/wingoz"]wingoz[/url]trey wingo

Bengals are 1st team in NFL playoff history to play 4 consecutive playoff games, score first in each and lose each of the four games.
[url="https://twitter.com/#!/wingoz/status/155817694606798849"]13 hours ago[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1326032968' post='1087060']

Bengals are 1st team in NFL playoff history to play 4 consecutive playoff games, score first in each and lose each of the four games.
[url="https://twitter.com/#!/wingoz/status/155817694606798849"]13 hours ago[/url]
[/quote]

We're record breakers!

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1326032968' post='1087060']

[/quote]

Exorcise the demons!!!

Oh wait.

:ninja:

Archived