Madden Rant

Tigris

I'll never buy it again. Is the game too much for anyone else? This has been by far the worse game in the franchise. How can you throw to a wide open RB on a screen but your QB takes two full steps to the right before his throw when you're dropping back when you're throwing to the left? When did guys 5 yards in front of you jump up on the regular and INT the ball intended for a dude 25 yards down field? If Ben Roethlisberger breaks another fucking tackle I'll puke. It's so unrealistic it's pathetic. The computer has caught numerous hail marys on me and only one run play works... and that's up the middle.

I hate this game and I'm putting it away for good.

if you hold down the throwing button it throws a line drive pass, thus a linebacker, etc could jump and swat it down, that part isnt that crazy..

the running random directions and throwing opposite directions is unrealistic, but its always been possible.

its a video game, it isnt real, so it isnt realistic.

Im not sure what you were expecting.

and i can get many running plays to work just fine, if you are being the bengals, then the line blows ass in the run game, just like in real life.

you forgot to mention how ridiculous 5 minute quarters are, and how theres no way they could end a play and get back to the huddle and up to the line in like 5 seconds, and many other "video game-like" complaints about a video game...

players skills are exaggerated, since its a video game and all.... so ben will break tackles, vick can run for 10 yards almost every play if you push it... thats how video games are...you can throw for 500 yards a game and break every passing record in a single season if you desire..

juss sayin...

I commend anyone who can play it these last several years. I haven't enjoyed Madden since the Genesis, top-down days.... I got into first person shooters after that and never could get interested enough to be any good at Madden.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1327205159' post='1091093']
I commend anyone who can play it these last several years. I haven't enjoyed Madden since the Genesis, top-down days.... I got into first person shooters after that and never could get interested enough to be any good at Madden.
[/quote]

I'm more comfortable with games where everything is a block and the console has wood paneling on the side...

Unlearn football and learn Madden ball and you will be fine. I have had to detach realistic expectations to enjoy NCAA. Yes, I agree, the pass trajectory is fucked up. Simple physics have not been fixed in the five years it has been on this generation of consoles. Hope next gen is better.

The final straw happened last night.

I'm down 10 so im 4 wide, single back, and have quad streaks. I rarely throw the bomb; I usually try to hit these more as seams or about 20 yards down field. Anyway, they're in a cover 3, they're semi-fucked, right? Simpson is going down the sideline on the left the deep 3rd guy takes him. The db has his back turned, Simpson is covered as this guy is attached to his hip. There's a safety in the middle of the field but for some reason he's not playing the middle, but a little bit over to my right which I would consider closer to the right slot guy. So, naturally, left slot guy is wide open. I throw a normal, not too hard, but fast ball to him. How in the hell that db with his lips glued to Simpson's ass knew I threw it, I'll never know. He breaks off Simpson and knocks down my would-be completion to Shipley.

I could not continue.

That is psychic db. That is how Tiburon programatically addresses your "God camera" angle. They did solve this once with vision zone, but gamers cried too much. They said it was unrealistic. It was, but it gave DB's something tangible to program with . Now they have to be psychic. It's gay as fuck. Sorry development house.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1327247432' post='1091147']
That is psychic db. That is how Tiburon programatically addresses your "God camera" angle. They did solve this once with vision zone, but gamers cried too much. They said it was unrealistic. It was, but it gave DB's something tangible to program with . Now they have to be psychic. It's gay as fuck. Sorry development house.
[/quote]

I didn't mind the cone. I remember playing my buddies with it on while they took it off. You could use it against human controlled teams just as much as they could use it against you. It was a tricky little slither

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1327266764' post='1091226']
Wow that looks real lame.
[/quote]
[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1327269238' post='1091246']
Wow. May as well roll a hoop down the driveway.
[/quote]

That, gentlemen, was high tech shit back in the day...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjwLGdDGLw&feature=fvwrel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSjwLGdDGLw&feature=fvwrel[/url]

2k did force EA to step up their game. They responded by having their lawyers broker a deal with the NFL so 2k could no longer compete with them.

[quote name='Who Dey Forever' timestamp='1327277390' post='1091319']
I still enjoy playing Madden. Still a good game regardless. I do miss the 2k series though. If Madden didn't have the exclusive rights, 2k would give it competition which would force EA to step their game up.
[/quote]

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1327205159' post='1091093']
[/quote]
This was more or less my experience with the game too (although I continued to play it up into the PS2 versions, so I had a run from about 1993-2003 where I bought and played it every year...then Battlefield 1942 happened) although I will add that I generally just stopped liking the game because it became so gimmicky to me. My brother bought me last year's game for the PS3 for Christmas 2010 and I played it [u]once[/u]. I [i]hated[/i] the way it played. Looked good though.

Archived