*EDIT* OT: Joe Paterno has passed away

Bengals1181

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1327420909' post='1091736']
Failure to monitor has to do with monitoring players and coaches. Sandusky was neither at the time of the incident being discussed. Don't get me wrong, the whole thing disgusts me but I doubt the NCAA has rules regarding the reporting on someone who is not involved with the football program to authorities for a crime. The fact that it happened in the locker room is the only thing that might be looked at but still, didn't involve current players or coaches.

If the NCAA or someone can prove they had info on Sandusky BEFORE he left coaching that would be an entirely different matter.
[/quote]

Actually Sandusky was the DC in 98 when the first allegations were made by victim #6, the mother of the victim got Sandusky to come to her home and admit that was indeed showering with little boys and that he wished he was dead. State College police overheard this conversation and confronted Sandusky, they made him promise to stop molesting boys in the shower..he did not. About six months later Sandusky, who was being groomed to be Paterno's successor, mysteriously retires. Why would a guy who is 55 yrs old, who has been coaching for 30 years be forced into retirement, and not seek any other coaching jobs????? Because he's a child molestor and PSU didn't want him as the face of their program.

Paterno and PSU are definitely guilty of failure to monitor, they knowingly enabled a terrorist to abuse children on their campus and did nothing to stop it.

To me this whole situation stinks because it seems that everyone at PSU is making Joe Pa out to be the victim and ignoring the real victims, the children who were molested. All of these Joe Pa was such a great man stories are bullshit because a great man of high integrity wouldn't allow something like that to happen and try to cover it up to save face and his program. It seems that the priorities are out of wack, as if PSU football(which is mediocore at best) trumphed everything, even doing the right thing.

To me Paterno is just like Tressel, guys who built themselves up to be these larger than life figures who preached about living with integrity but when it came time to apply it their own lives they didn't live up to their own standards.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1327420597' post='1091734']

But who remembers Kilmer?

It's funny how deep knob job dug just to get a Paterno connection to the Bengals. Lord knows you have to have a Paterno story on the web site. Even if it is about a player that played briefly here 3 or 4 years ago.[/quote]

There are a number of ex Bengals with Penn State ties - Mike Reid, KJ Carter, Chris Bahr were high-profile ones. Kilmer is just the most recent, along with Kim Herring, who was here for a few years.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1327421973' post='1091746']

Actually Sandusky was the DC in 98 when the first allegations were made by victim #6, the mother of the victim got Sandusky to come to her home and admit that was indeed showering with little boys and that he wished he was dead. State College police overheard this conversation and confronted Sandusky, they made him promise to stop molesting boys in the shower..he did not. About six months later Sandusky, who was being groomed to be Paterno's successor, mysteriously retires. Why would a guy who is 55 yrs old, who has been coaching for 30 years be forced into retirement, and not seek any other coaching jobs????? Because he's a child molestor and PSU didn't want him as the face of their program.

Paterno and PSU are definitely guilty of failure to monitor, they knowingly enabled a terrorist to abuse children on their campus and did nothing to stop it.

To me this whole situation stinks because it seems that everyone at PSU is making Joe Pa out to be the victim and ignoring the real victims, the children who were molested. All of these Joe Pa was such a great man stories are bullshit because a great man of high integrity wouldn't allow something like that to happen and try to cover it up to save face and his program. It seems that the priorities are out of wack, as if PSU football(which is mediocore at best) trumphed everything, even doing the right thing.

To me Paterno is just like Tressel, guys who built themselves up to be these larger than life figures who preached about living with integrity but when it came time to apply it their own lives they didn't live up to their own standards.
[/quote]
But wouldn't forcing him to leave the program be an example of monitoring in the eyes of the NCAA? Furthermore, these allegations have JUST now come to light. State College police are NOT part of the football program either so that route would not be considered an NCAA infraction either.

Now if you can prove JoPa and the administration somehow prevented the State College Police from reporting the incident in 1998 from the proper authorities then we are talking PAIN! Proving it my be difficult with JoPa in the grave.

Again, I wish nothing but the worst for those who covered up for this "terrorist of children" and if it can be proven they did so I am in your corner.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1327501561' post='1092006']
But wouldn't forcing him to leave the program be an example of monitoring in the eyes of the NCAA? Furthermore, these allegations have JUST now come to light. State College police are NOT part of the football program either so that route would not be considered an NCAA infraction either.

Now if you can prove JoPa and the administration somehow prevented the State College Police from reporting the incident in 1998 from the proper authorities then we are talking PAIN! Proving it my be difficult with JoPa in the grave.

Again, I wish nothing but the worst for those who covered up for this "terrorist of children" and if it can be proven they did so I am in your corner.
[/quote]

They did force him off the coaching staff but still allowed him access to the program, he was at Bowl games, practices, the lockerroom, the weight room, etc...a week before the story went public. If this guy has been suspected of these devious actions for over 15 years and he keeps showing up around the campus with kids, some alarms should have went off that something wasn't right.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1327441843' post='1091837']
There are a number of ex Bengals with Penn State ties - Mike Reid, KJ Carter, Chris Bahr were high-profile ones. Kilmer is just the most recent, along with Kim Herring, who was here for a few years.
[/quote]

And the lesson to be learned here is to not draft Penn State players...

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1327441843' post='1091837']
[/quote]

I'm aware of all that. My point is why does he have to drudge up some minor player from 5 years ago just to have a Paterno article? Why does he think that the site needs one? If it was an active player or coach, I could see it.

And why is this on the Bengals board? It kind of defeats the purpose of having other forums. Since people don't check the other forums as much, people put non-Bengal articles here so somebody will read them. I had to do it recently. But I'm not sure why as many people wouldn't respond to the same thread on NCAA etc...Talk.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1327670251' post='1092505']

I'm aware of all that. My point is why does he have to drudge up some minor player from 5 years ago just to have a Paterno article? Why does he think that the site needs one? If it was an active player or coach, I could see it.

And why is this on the Bengals board? It kind of defeats the purpose of having other forums. Since people don't check the other forums as much, people put non-Bengal articles here so somebody will read them. I had to do it recently. But I'm not sure why as many people wouldn't respond to the same thread on NCAA etc...Talk.
[/quote]

I think the better question is why is it such a big deal to you? Hobson's still pumping out plenty of draft, free agency, and pro bowl content.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1327671028' post='1092509']

I think the better question is why is it such a big deal to you? Hobson's still pumping out plenty of draft, free agency, and pro bowl content.
[/quote]

It's not a big deal. Just unnecessary IMO. I'm tired of getting bombarded with Paterno coverage and there should be places where you can get away from it.

• 5 months later...
[quote name='sois' timestamp='1342972515' post='1140147']
Joe Pa is probly happy about this Batman murderer so people will not think about his rapes
[/quote]

wtf sois... I usually like hour dumbass humor... not today....

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1342968821' post='1140143']
Glad to see PSU removing the statue, Paterno doesn't deserve to be idolized like some larger than life figure. I hope the NCAA voids every win since '98, when they can first prove that PSU knew about Sandusky and did nothing.
[/quote]
I wonder if the Big Ten would like to have them leave to become independent?

Since the mods have decided to leave this thread on the Bengal forum (not sure why) but I will chime in. Like all I think it is disgusting what happened to those kids and imo a capital offense. And the fact that people at the highest level at that organization did what they did. They are just as guilty as Sandusky and should be brought up on the highest of criminal charges that the law allows.

In terms of what should happen overall to the Penn St institution is far more complex. One only has to look at the Catholic church and what they did. They did what Penn State did but multiply the number of victims by 100's to maybe even thousands across the world. My point is some people in power can and will make decisions that 99% of us find completely evil. ...... Hmmm......... I think I am going to shut up now.

Mods - you really need to move this thread to its proper place. Just saying.....

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1343008858' post='1140230']
Since the mods have decided to leave this thread on the Bengal forum (not sure why) but I will chime in. Like all I think it is disgusting what happened to those kids and imo a capital offense. And the fact that people at the highest level at that organization did what they did. They are just as guilty as Sandusky and should be brought up on the highest of criminal charges that the law allows.

In terms of what should happen overall to the Penn St institution is far more complex. One only has to look at the Catholic church and what they did. They did what Penn State did but multiply the number of victims by 100's to maybe even thousands across the world. My point is some people in power can and will make decisions that 99% of us find completely evil. ...... Hmmm......... I think I am going to shut up now.

Mods - you really need to move this thread to its proper place. Just saying.....
[/quote]

I didn't even realize this was in the Bengals forum, and that's one of my pet peeves.

I'll move it now...

[url="https://twitter.com/KyleRowland"][b]Kyle Rowland[/b]‏[s]@[/s][b]KyleRowland[/b][/url]
Wow. $60 million fine, four-year postseason ban and all wins from 98-01 vacated for Penn State.

[url="https://twitter.com/McMurphyCBS"][b]Brett McMurphy[/b]‏[s]@[/s][b]McMurphyCBS[/b][/url]
Correction: Penn State vacates all wins from 1998-2011. Bobby Bowden just passed Joe Pa

[url="https://twitter.com/McMurphyCBS"][b]Brett McMurphy[/b]‏[s]@[/s][b]McMurphyCBS[/b][/url]
Penn State players may transfer immediately to another school without penalty

[url="https://twitter.com/ESPN_BigTen"][b]Rittenberg/Bennett[/b]‏[s]@[/s][b]ESPN_BigTen[/b][/url]
Emmert: "For the next several years PSU can focus on rebuilding its athletic culture, not worrying about whether it’s going to a bowl game"

Archived