More Reds moves

Bengals1181

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1328843494' post='1095024']

If there was a point to that I'm afraid I missed it.
[/quote]

If a pitcher can hold the other team to scoring only 1-2 runs, that always gives your team a chance to win with the swing of the bat. If you got guys giving 5-7 runs a game, then your team's offense has to constantly be putting up big numbers to win or even stay close. As the saying goes, pitching wins games, hitting puts fans in the stands. Low scoring well pitched games may be boring to most weekend fans, I'd take a team like the Braves of the 90's or the Phillies now, where every night someone takes the mound there is a realistic chance to win.

Ok fair enough, & looking at last year's stats they were top-10 in runs scored, RBI, & OBP. They also were top 10 in SO's however, and while I can't seem to find their RISP and LOB stats I'm pretty sure they were up there in both categories. Basically I feel like they're counting on Rolen and Bruce too much.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1328846292' post='1095056']
Ok fair enough, & looking at last year's stats they were top-10 in runs scored, RBI, & OBP. They also were top 10 in SO's however, and while I can't seem to find their RISP and LOB stats I'm pretty sure they were up there in both categories. Basically I feel like they're counting on Rolen and Bruce too much.
[/quote]

The reds offense on average was good, but they were too hot/cold in my opinion. I prefer a team that more frequently scores 4-5 runs than a team that has days of 0-1 runs followed by a 13 run game.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1328887405' post='1095121']

The reds offense on average was good, but they were too hot/cold in my opinion. I prefer a team that more frequently scores 4-5 runs than a team that has days of 0-1 runs followed by a 13 run game.
[/quote]
This.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1328887405' post='1095121']

[/quote]

agreed....

and Jay Bruce is the player that resembles the team the most. He will be the best hitter in the history of the game for a month, and then turn in to Adam Dunn(White Sox version)

• 3 weeks later...
yikes if true.

[url="https://twitter.com/#!/JimBowdenESPNxm"][b]JIM BOWDEN[/b] [size=4]‏[/size] [color=#999999][size=3][s]@[/s][b]JimBowdenESPNxm[/b][/size][/color][/url]

[size=4]After Reds signed Marshall is Votto nxt? NO..Reds have been told he'll need between Fielder&Pujols so no serious discussions are on-going[/size]

Archived