Alvin Reynolds new DB coach?

I haven't really heard anything about a replacement for him but given Mike Brown's history of promoting from within or using guys that he knows, we'll see.

I was wondering if the Bengals might bring Ricky Hunley back to replace Fitzgerald. Hunley is only an assistant linebackers coach for the Raiders.

[quote name='fredtoast' timestamp='1328036061' post='1093301']
He worked under Marvin in Baltimore.

Anyone heard about othe rpossible candidates to replace Coyle?
[/quote][quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1328036590' post='1093303']
I haven't really heard anything about a replacement for him but given Mike Brown's history of promoting from within or using guys that he knows, we'll see.

[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing as far as Mike liking "family ties".

Don't think it would happen but how about Ken Riley?

or... David Fulcher? Whoa! There's my vote, right there.
Would love to see him get into Taylor Mays's head.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1328047684' post='1093334']

Yeah but he is only Outside LB coach. It would be a promotion to come to Cincinnati as the LB coach.
[/quote]

That would not be a promotion. All position coaches are pretty much equal.

I remember Marvin bringing Kevin Greene in one training camp to do some pass rush teaching. I love the fire he has... Intense guy.
Ken Riley is a thought but isn't he like 65 years old?

It's too bad Bowles and Morris already landed... Either would have been very good DB coaches.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1328052844' post='1093344']
I remember Marvin bringing Kevin Greene in one training camp to do some pass rush teaching. I love the fire he has... Intense guy.
Ken Riley is a thought but isn't he like 65 years old?

It's too bad Bowles and Morris already landed... Either would have been very good DB coaches.
[/quote]

We should have Riley [b]play [/b]for us. Sure, he might only get half a dozen picks, but still.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1328052844' post='1093344']
I remember Marvin bringing Kevin Greene in one training camp to do some pass rush teaching.
[/quote]

Yeah, but our first round draft pick, Justin Smith, wasn't there. He was holding out for a bigger contract.

[quote name='Cricket' timestamp='1328068079' post='1093371']

Yeah, but our first round draft pick, Justin Smith, wasn't there. He was holding out for a bigger contract.
[/quote]

I doubt Marvin brought Kevin Greene in to help teach the Bengals how to rush the passer that year since Marvin was still the Ravens DC in '01.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1328041907' post='1093319']
or... David Fulcher? Whoa! There's my vote, right there.
Would love to see him get into Taylor Mays's head.
[/quote]

I've heard Fulcher say he offered to help with scouting but they didn't have any interest. That was a few years ago. Is he still the uniform cop? I know he used to do that as an employee of the league.

I don't think he has any coaching experience though, does he? There are better qualified people out there, but I like the thought. He might not be able to coach worth a shit though. Great player doesn't equal great coach.

Archived