Josh Hamilton relapse

BengalBacker

Addiction of any kind can be a mofo. Is this case sad? Yeah! Do I feel sorry for him? Hell no!
The guy made $13.75 million dollars last year. 1% of that is $137,500. It would take me 3.5 years
to make that.

I'm not being a cold hearted bastard either because I've struggled with addiction myself. To the point
it cost me a marriage and freedom. I got locked up over it for 9 months.

Elflocko I hear what you're saying "too bad he can't fight it in private". But the only way to even have
thee SLIGHTEST chance of beating addiction is to not keep it private. (I know what you're saying with
him being a MLB player and all) but still. Unfortunately relaspe is part of recovery. The guy wasnt out
smoking/buying crack out in the hood. Thank God for him his relapse didnt get to that point again.
I'll throw out a stat I learned during a stint of outpatient rehab. Only 2% of people that had an addiction
to crack cocaine stay clean for the remainder of their life. (That 2% is recovering crack addicts that never
take another hit of crack in their life)! 98% of crack addicts either relaspe at one point or another or just
go back to being full blown crackheads. That's some serious shit!! There is a part of your brain that is
referred to as the "pleasure center". I can't remember the exact numbers but put it this way.
An orgasm sends whatever (messages for lack of a better term) to the pleasure center in your brain.
Taking a hit of crack sends like 10,000,000 times that of an orgasm to your pleasure center. A lot of
people think that the evil plant (marijuana) is the gateway drug but alcohol is a way worse gateway
drug that leads to other drugs. That's all I have to say on that. I have a beer to drink lol :ph34r: .

As for Josh, he can thank god or his higher power or whatever it is he believes in that he didn't get so fucked
up that he had enough sense to make some phone calls to whoever and let someone know what had
happened or the title of that article could have very easily read: Josh Hamilton dead at age 30!!

[quote name='Paul' timestamp='1328595820' post='1094503']
The media is blowing the whole situation out of control, it was only a few drinks it not like he got a DUI or punched anyone its bs
[/quote]

Hes pissed away a good portion of his career due to his problems with drugs and alcohol.
If he could just have a few drinks and be done with it then both the Reds and Rangers wouldn't pay someone like Johnny Narron to follow him around nearly 24/7 to try and keep him in check.

[quote name='Paul' timestamp='1328595820' post='1094503']
The media is blowing the whole situation out of control, it was only a few drinks it not like he got a DUI or punched anyone its bs
[/quote]

You obviously have no concept of what battling addiction is. There is no such thing as "just having a few drinks" when you are an alcoholic. The ability to draw that line is what separates those with a problem and those without.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1328752473' post='1094824']
That's what im saying. Its not like he raped or murdered anyone
[/quote]

Its a relapse, its a much bigger deal then just having a few drinks.

Agree that its not the end of the world.

With that being said it also looks like he got caught cheating on his wife again. Who knows what will happen, but if she were to leave him or something and what not and have all this shit in his head, it could effect his on field play.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1328843717' post='1095026']
[b]I would keep Hamilton in a constant supply of blow [/b]if he'd come back to the Reds and [b]put up the numbers he's had the last few seasons.[/b]
[/quote]

I believe these two items are in direct opposition to each other.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1328841738' post='1095019']

Yeah, it's not like he's black or anything...

Sorry, just a little tired of the double standard extended to this guy and his traveling shitshow.
[/quote]

All I'm saying is some people are overreacting some people are under reacting. I'll count you for the over group.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1328841738' post='1095019']

Yeah, it's not like he's black or anything...

Sorry, just a little tired of the double standard extended to this guy and his traveling shitshow.
[/quote]

I can't get over how stupid this post is. Does the guy have a problem? Yes of course. Should the rangers and his family be worried? Yes. Is he committing a crime or doing anything that tons of people and athletes don't already do? No. There's no fucking double standard. What you are comparing this to is athletes that get beaten up in the media for crimes such as DUI, fights, etc. he did nothing illegal which is why the media isn't tearing the guy apart. There is no fuckong double standard in this case. Name an example similar to this where a black athlete wa treated different then josh?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived