Bill Polian on Sirius NFL Radio

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1328932120' post='1095337']

yea I was shaking in my boots when I saw you had no evidence at all to support your point.
[/quote]

Your boots might not have been shaking, but either your keyboard or your hand was, because you forgot to include a very important link. It does seem like complicated explanations go over the head of a lot of people around here. If its not in black and white then it's not a valid argument. :rsju31uh9:

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1328932517' post='1095339']
For the record, the phase is 'I couldn't care less.' Saying you could care less means you actually do care... Never understood how people have confused that one.
[/quote]

That's actually pretty sad if that is all you got out of this thread. I couldn't care less about my grammar on a football message board. Better?

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1328932826' post='1095344']
What I've gotten out of this thread is that Polian said something nice about our defense, and arguing with you is such a Douchie waste of time I thought I'd just correct your bad grammar.
[/quote]

Well I see you brought a lot to the conversation. I think I will take more credibility from you if I post something in the Tech forum or the Grammar forum. Wait there isn't a grammar forum... :gayfight2:

Fact is, I have brought nothing but facts to this thread and I guess people don't like arguing with facts. I said Painter was the #1 ranked Senior QB prior to the draft. Well whether that is before the season starts, or the day before the draft, that isn't a lie. Painter got hurt during the season and his draft status dropped. Then guess what, all that meant very little because all the Senior quarterbacks drafted were done so as back ups in the later rounds, none of them were relevant anyways. I've already explained NFL team's draft strategy of back up quarterbacks so I won't rehash that again.

All the rebuttals to my arguments have been to attack my sources and the timing of said sources. I've explained that and still say that I trust Bill Polian's opinion of Curtis Painter more than anyone on this board. It's not rocket science and doesn't take a computer tech or English teacher to understand.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1328833415' post='1094997']
Polian did it before the Colts.
[/quote]
I think that some here have forgotten that Polian built the Bills into a Super Bowl team with four appearances. Two things in common during his tenure with both teams ....great QB's in Manning and Kelly . Agree with you guys that maybe he got fat and lazy in Indy and took his eye off the ball.

[quote name='Patmo' timestamp='1329167450' post='1095759']
I think that some here have forgotten that Polian built the Bills into a Super Bowl team with four appearances. Two things in common during his tenure with both teams ....great QB's in Manning and Kelly . Agree with you guys that maybe he got fat and lazy in Indy and took his eye off the ball.
[/quote]

or you could look at it as calculated risk. He won 1 championship. Close to a second. When trying to get a third he probably realized he's fucked when Peyton goes down anyway what difference does it make if it's 9 wins or 2 wins? So why invest more resource into that QB spot vs. another defender or whatever.

People on this board have made that exact arguement with Carson Palmer. Why give a shit about a back up Qb when your fucked without Carson anyway?

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1329170163' post='1095778']

or you could look at it as calculated risk. He won 1 championship. Close to a second. When trying to get a third he probably realized he's fucked when Peyton goes down anyway what difference does it make if it's 9 wins or 2 wins? So why invest more resource into that QB spot vs. another defender or whatever.

People on this board have made that exact arguement with Carson Palmer. Why give a shit about a back up Qb when your fucked without Carson anyway?
[/quote]

Thing is, in Buffalo he had a good back up QB in Frank Reich. I'd almost fault the coaches in Indy for Curtis Painter not being prepared to play at all. Painter should have gotten more playing time in the preseason games since getting drafted because Peyton is enough of a professional that he doesn't need that much time to get ready for the regular season.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1329170163' post='1095778']

[/quote]

Good point Scharm. He should also be credited with bringing in a lot of quality talent from big names like Mathis and Freeney to small school unknowns like Garcon .

Archived