Arian Foster could be had..

[quote name='BENGALS666' timestamp='1329244290' post='1095960']
[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/14/texans-face-tough-decision-with-foster/"]http://profootballta...on-with-foster/[/url]

Article mentions Cincy as a possible suitor. We have the cards..
[/quote]

No

"Foster is a restricted free agent, but the [url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/14/steelers-will-face-receiver-dilemma-again-in-2013/"]new CBA makes it easier[/url] for other teams to go after him. Interested teams “only” have to [b]give up a first round pick[/b] and a contract to sign Foster. :"

The Bengals won't give up a first round pick.

Possible smoke to get someone else interested. Players have been using the Bengals to jack up their prices since Mikey was doing
Hershey squirts in his nappys but I do not see anything coming of it. At least this way, giving up a first round draft choice.

This kinda sounds like a player agent throwing the Bengals in there because they have multiple picks.

Vet superstar backs have a rough go in trying to get comparable dollars. I first started to see this with Dillon threatening to flip burgers to last years Chris Johnson saga.

1. No one knows how their legs are going to age
2. There's always lesser vet backs that can fill some of the void
3. There's always a handful of rookies that can fill some of the void.

I really don't know if you trade a 1st rounder and huge contract. I'd love to have the player.

I think it would be a bad move for one huge reason, the amount of money spent on Foster along with the loss of a draft pick, would make it near impossible to fill all the holes on the team especially the two guard positions. Without two quality guards in front of him, Foster wouldn't be the same guy he has been, and therefore not worth the price.

For the amount it would take to get foster you could likely get 2 pretty solid free agents. Then you have to thrown in a first too.

With that you could prob go out and sign Carl nicks and someone like michael bush. Then you could draft Glenn or decastro with the first rounder. Would you rather have nicks Glenn and bush or foster boling and Stephens?

I think what it comes down to is, most of us realize that while the Bengals have a solid group of young players, they aren't one of those "one guy away from a championship" teams. The Bengals need to use the cap space and the draft picks they have wisely and try to plug as many of the holes they have as possible without mortgaging away their future.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1329256205' post='1095990']
I think it would be a bad move for one huge reason, the amount of money spent on Foster along with the loss of a draft pick, would make it near impossible to fill all the holes on the team especially the two guard positions. Without two quality guards in front of him, Foster wouldn't be the same guy he has been, and therefore not worth the price.
[/quote]

Much better. ( o )( o )

Post is OK, too.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1329263702' post='1096010']
Hell with giving them a first round pick, we'd be much better off using that for someone like Chris Perry, or a Peter Warrick.

Elite, proven players suck.
[/quote]

Sarcasm noted, but I do agree. People on here wanted to trade both our firsts to get TRich, but wouldn't give up one to get a proven bell cow back that can run and catch(2840 rushing, 1221 receiving in last two years). What's he gonna cost 10 mill a season? Damn, we'd only have 50 million left. Well, at 26 to begin the season, I guess he can't have much left in the tank.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1329266373' post='1096017']

Sarcasm noted, but I do agree. People on here wanted to trade both our firsts to get TRich, but wouldn't give up one to get a proven bell cow back that can run and catch(2840 rushing, 1221 receiving in last two years). What's he gonna cost 10 mill a season? Damn, we'd only have 50 million left. Well, at 26 to begin the season, I guess he can't have much left in the tank.
[/quote]

AP signed a 7 year 100 mil deal. While AP has a little more experience of being a dominant back, its fairly close and Foster is often considered the 2nd best back in the NFL behind AP. It wouldnt be crazy to think he could get something close to that.

While I wouldnt be 100 percent against that, would you really want to pay that much money to a RB? Id be completely fine with like a 4 year 55 mil or something, but 7 for 100 would be too much I think.

Once again, if your choices are to spend 12-15 mil a year and a 1st rounder on Foster, it is essentially like saying youd rather have Foster, Boling, and Stephens or something as compared to Bush, Glenn and Nicks or Nicks, Grubbs and TRich.

I would consider it going after foster, but its not a no brainer.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1329267237' post='1096019']
Out of Foster, Forte, and Ray Rice, which would you rather have? Ray Rice is the only one of the three with no real injury history.
[/quote]

Rice..... he is bad ass and it would hurt the rats... Not taking that in to consideration, I like Foster more.... he is a beast....

[/quote]

while I'm not in the trade both firsts group, there's a big difference between giving a 22yr old TRich $2 million per year and a 26yr old Arian Foster $8 million per year. That doesn't even get into talent difference.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1329276143' post='1096035']

while I'm not in the trade both firsts group, there's a big difference between giving a 22yr old TRich $2 million per year and a 26yr old Arian Foster $8 million per year. That doesn't even get into talent difference.[/quote]

We paid ced 5 last year, I'd pay foster 10 in a heartbeat. He, Dalton, Green, Gresham, Shipley. I do think T-rich is going to be good, but I know Arian is, especially in a WCO. I wouldn't trade both, but I'd let go with one.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1329278452' post='1096050']
We paid ced 5 last year, I'd pay foster 10 in a heartbeat. He, Dalton, Green, Gresham, Shipley. I do think T-rich is going to be good, but I know Arian is, especially in a WCO. I wouldn't trade both, but I'd let go with one.
[/quote]

In that case I'm taking TRich at $2 million/yr over Foster at $10 million/yr every day of the week and 10 times on Sunday. You simply don't pay running backs $10 million/yr, not even to mention TRich is more talented. Hell, I wouldn't go higher than $7 million/yr for a back.

And I don't say this to knock Foster, but he's got a hell of an offensive line in front of him.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1329267237' post='1096019']
Out of Foster, Forte, and Ray Rice, which would you rather have? Ray Rice is the only one of the three with no real injury history.
[/quote]
Rice for the simple fact I wouldn't have to watch his little 5'4" ass hide behind the rats O line, break through our D line, and take 3,865 steps to run 80 yards against us twice a year.

[/quote]

Hell hath frozen over. Kenneth agrees somewhat with BengalsOwn.

:fing03:

Archived