Arian Foster could be had..

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1329289317' post='1096091']

Hell hath frozen over. Kenneth agrees somewhat with BengalsOwn.

:fing03:

It ain't froze, but the wind chill was a mother! :P
[/quote]
[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1329311816' post='1096115']

its disappointing it took kenneth being wrong for it to happen. :lol:
[/quote]

Wrong? Me? Never! I'm never wrong, I just occasionally have well substantiated errors! :D :D

I think the smart move is to draft running backs. They break down so fast, I don't see the value in signing one to a big free agent contract. Save the draft pick, put the money into a guard and/or corner, and draft a back in the second round.

Arian has proven he can break tackles, run away from defenders, catch the ball, and is a humble cat. Not a lot of tread on the tires and shouldn't command as much as the top tier backs due to lack of top-end productivity. He'd be better than any back we could get at 17 or 21. Probably has about 7 years left.

If we couldn't get TR, we couldn't go wrong with Arian. Would be a hefty sum, but in my eyes, the biggest thing holding this team back is a consistent running back. Arian is not only a consistent running back, but he has home run ability.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1329321795' post='1096154']
Arian has proven he can break tackles, run away from defenders, catch the ball, and is a humble cat. Not a lot of tread on the tires and shouldn't command as much as the top tier backs due to lack of top-end productivity.
[/quote]

I think he will easily command as much as the top tier backs. He will be a top 3 paid running back and likely get a deal in the 6 year 80 mil range IMO.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1329321795' post='1096154']
Arian has proven he can break tackles, run away from defenders, catch the ball, and is a humble cat. Not a lot of tread on the tires and shouldn't command as much as the top tier backs due to lack of top-end productivity. He'd be better than any back we could get at 17 or 21. Probably has about 7 years left.

If we couldn't get TR, we couldn't go wrong with Arian. Would be a hefty sum, but in my eyes, the biggest thing holding this team back is a consistent running back. Arian is not only a consistent running back, but he has home run ability.
[/quote]

Agreed. I think Foster is maybe the best back in the NFL right now. I am generally against using first round picks on RBs, but I would give up our #21 for Foster.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1329263702' post='1096010']
Elite, proven players suck.
[/quote]

The only thing Foster has proven is that he is made of glass. He was injured every single season in college and has only one season ('10) as an NFL starter where he didn't miss games with an injury.

No way you give up a first round pick for a guy like that.

Archived