Small Business Web Hosting

Right now I'm currently looking at inmotion hosting and bluehost. Inmotion appears to have more recommendations, but when bluehost is recommended, it is recommended higher.

What I need ... a website to tell about my business, hopefully some online reservations for rentals, then later on, like a year or so, some guided tours. I will also want to sell some of my merchandise online.

Avoid GoDaddy like the fucking plague.

HostGator is very highly regarded, and I've had good luck with JaguarPC (had a number of sites with them for 6+ years).

BlueHost isn't too hateful either.

These will get you going until your business really grows (hopefully) and you can move on to a real business host.

One of the reasons why I've always liked doing business with jaguar is becasue they have one of the lowest density levels for shared hosting. And they're really quick to shut down resource hogs if they have a naughty script or the like...

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1330971665' post='1102320']
Mysql is what really separates the good from the bad when it comes to hosting I have found. They all oversell, but I have used hosts whose mysql instances are unusable.
[/quote]

Depends on what you're doing. I do almost all .Net development, so I definitely prefer SQL Server over MySQL. If you're doing Java or PHP, though, then MySQL isn't so bad.

I just pay for my own VPS these days....

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1330992231' post='1102453']
One of the reasons why I've always liked doing business with jaguar is becasue they have one of the lowest density levels for shared hosting. And they're really quick to shut down resource hogs if they have a naughty script or the like...
[/quote]

• 1 month later...

Archived