Mass Effect 3- who's got it?

Just picked up my copy. Played through ME2 at least 3 times the last couloir of months to prepare myself. As someone who has been following them since ME1, it's nice to see that it finally got a huge following. Can't wait to save the galaxy

Actually, it's a 2011 Subaru Impreza. My last car was a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX, which I absolutely loved, but it was getting a long in the tooth. The new one isn't a WRX, and I'm definitely going to miss that turbo and the manual transmission, but it does have way more options. It's pretty much fully loaded with Bluetooth, Voice recognition, heated seats and mirrors, power moonroof, auxiliary audio inputs, Satellite radio, HID headlights and a heated windshield. Only things that are missing are navigation and leather seats, but I can live with that.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1331086680' post='1102968']
Actually, it's a 2011 Subaru Impreza. My last car was a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX, which I absolutely loved, but it was getting a long in the tooth. The new one isn't a WRX, and I'm definitely going to miss that turbo and the manual transmission, but it does have way more options. It's pretty much fully loaded with Bluetooth, Voice recognition, heated seats and mirrors, power moonroof, auxiliary audio inputs, Satellite radio, HID headlights and a heated windshield. Only things that are missing are navigation and leather seats, but I can live with that.
[/quote]

My buddy sells Subarus and he swears it is a great car. I'm a flashy guy lol. I like the Benzes, Beamers and Lexus's.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1331091256' post='1102996']

My buddy sells Subarus and he swears it is a great car. I'm a flashy guy lol. I like the Benzes, Beamers and Lexus's.
[/quote]

It only takes owning one Subaru to make you a fanatic. Easily the most dependable car I've ever had. I used to call my WRX my guardian angel. I've had that thing out in conditions that I had no business being in (with nothing but all-season tires, no less), and that damn thing never flinched. I put 90,000 of the hardest miles anyone could ever put on a daily driver, and I've never replaced anything outside of what I'd consider routine maintenance except the rear struts (probably due to the power slides I used to do on the dirt roads by the house I used to live in).

My old roommate used to have a BMW 328xi, and we both hated driving it. He owned it for 6 months before trading it on a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. The BMW rode nice, and had some decent gadgets, but it just didn't have the fun factor. My Subaru ran circles around it in the snow, and it just seemed really under-powered for a $40k car that advertises itself as the "Ultimate Driving Machine". I wouldn't mind having one of their M models, but only if I didn't have to buy it. I feel like you can find cars that are much more fun for similar prices.

I haven't driven a Benz, but the research I've done on them gives me the impression that they're basically BMWs, only less reliable.

Lexus, on the other hand, I can handle. I saw an LF-A at the Pittsburgh Auto Show a few weekends ago and it was very impressive car. I've heard good things about their more affordable models, too. But then again, I haven't done as much research on them, so I could be totally off base, there.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1331100966' post='1103013']
Anyways...the game is sick. Like....fucking awesome. Shits getting intense.
[/quote]

Got it, havent opened it yet. Is it as massive of a jump in how good it is that 2 was from the first?

I played it for a bit yesterday. I loved ME1 and ME2. I replayed through the ME2 campaign a few weeks ago.

Why did no one tell me having a kid eats into video game time?

/Fucking Illusive Man.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1331128935' post='1103056']
I've just been playing Twisted Metal on console, and TF2 on the computer.
[/quote]

How are you liking twisted metal/

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1331136354' post='1103117']
I played it for a bit yesterday. I loved ME1 and ME2. I replayed through the ME2 campaign a few weeks ago.

Why did no one tell me having a kid eats into video game time?

/Fucking Illusive Man.
[/quote]

:24:

Before Skyrim came out, I hadn't touched my xbox in months, due to having my first kid (and work and school as well)

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1331128935' post='1103056']
I've just been playing Twisted Metal on console, and TF2 on the computer.
[/quote]

Back in the day me and my buddys played Twisted Metal on PS2 for hours every day. They hated my guts because I would play with the hearse and blow them up with ghosts all over the board.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1331140787' post='1103129']

How are you liking twisted metal/
[/quote]

I'm finally starting to hit a groove. I hadn't played a Twisted Metal since TM2, and never owned a PS2. It took me awhile to get used to all of the controls... I still screw up the ALT Special all the time. Haven't tried the online yet, but I'm looking forward to it when I get a little better (and get the time to play games again). I unlocked RoadKill, got crushed by these insano monster trucks two minutes later, and have then got buried with design jobs.

What type of stuff do you use your kinect for?

I usually play with headphones on to avoid disturbing the natives, so I have not tried it yet.
[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1331152966' post='1103226']
So I might have taken a "ME3 Day"

Decent game so far, waiting for the story to get as good as the last one but I'm early into it. I do like the Kinnect features that seems to make battles faster.
[/quote]

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1331152966' post='1103226']
So I might have taken a "ME3 Day"

Decent game so far, waiting for the story to get as good as the last one but I'm early into it. I do like the Kinnect features that seems to make battles faster.
[/quote]
Oh, bro. The story fucking gets intense. Once you start having to talk to all the races and try to figure out how to get them to agree on issues to help the war effort. It's crazy. Plus you randomly see cast members from ME2. Let me say this, Thane....Thane is involved in one of the most badass moments I've seen in a long time. It reminded me of Raiden in MGS4. And the Illusive Man has this assassin who pretty much just ruins your day. Like this guy is a badass. Complete fucking badass. I want to take him down so bad.

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1331156057' post='1103242']
What type of stuff do you use your kinect for?

I usually play with headphones on to avoid disturbing the natives, so I have not tried it yet.
[/quote]

All the things you can use the controller for, except aiming and shooting. So you can place your team mates where you want them, you can tell them to take cover you can say the persons name and what power you want them to use on the target your aiming at. Then when not fighting you can use it to do the responding to the choices in answers or to open doors ect..

[quote name='RayDoggBengal' timestamp='1331160563' post='1103256']
Got mine going to play this weekend. Anybody using Kinect with it?
[/quote]

I am

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1331157938' post='1103252']
Oh, bro. The story fucking gets intense. Once you start having to talk to all the races and try to figure out how to get them to agree on issues to help the war effort. It's crazy. Plus you randomly see cast members from ME2. Let me say this, Thane....Thane is involved in one of the most badass moments I've seen in a long time. It reminded me of Raiden in MGS4. And the Illusive Man has this assassin who pretty much just ruins your day. Like this guy is a badass. Complete fucking badass. I want to take him down so bad.
[/quote]

Yeah I just met up with Garrus so were starting to get there.

Indeed. Who's your favorite characters to use in your squad so far? This James Vega guy is pretty fucking sick. Usually always have him with me. Besides him I usually have the guy from the DLC(dont want to spoil it in case you haven't got the dlc), or Liara. Or another character. You probably have her so far, but I dunno. I don't want to ruin any of it. They definitely did a good job amping up the RPG-elements in this one. All the different little upgrades and changes you can do to your character, definitely a nice touch.

How far into the game do you have to get before the dlc mission is available?

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1331182274' post='1103327']
Indeed. Who's your favorite characters to use in your squad so far? This James Vega guy is pretty fucking sick. Usually always have him with me. Besides him I usually have the guy from the DLC(dont want to spoil it in case you haven't got the dlc), or Liara. Or another character. You probably have her so far, but I dunno. I don't want to ruin any of it. They definitely did a good job amping up the RPG-elements in this one. All the different little upgrades and changes you can do to your character, definitely a nice touch.
[/quote]

Archived