Need help with my slingbox

Just bought one on ebay for $50 and the guy had a perfect rating. I hooked it up to my router but my but when I go to their site to install it the internet isn't recognizing it! Their support sux, they don't have a phone to call or anything. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I turned off my firewall and nothing. This sux.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1331166287' post='1103275']
Did you setup port forwarding? Mine had a setup program the automatically did it, but it's pretty easy to do manually, if need be.
[/quote]

Yea I have no clue and it's pissing me off. keeps telling me this

" Check your network connection. This includes Sling Link connection, firewall, and any other device that might be between your computer and Slingbox."

I checked everything.

Go to your router's admin page (should be either http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1, depending on the router). Once you log in there, you should be able to find a section for port forwarding. You'll need to figure out the IP address of your SlingBox and enter it into that section.

I'll see if I can dig up my setup instructions that came with my SlingBox and give you more details on that part of it. But see if you can find the Port Forwarding section of that admin page. It definitely won't work without setting that up.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got this thing working. It's working on my laptop and it is so freaking cool. I bought the app for it on my iPad but sux because I bought the slingbox of ebay and it is an older model so it's not compatible to my iPad. Spent 29 bucks on the app. I figured I'll just keep it so when I upgrade I'll have the app already. But I love it so far. Getting ready to do a lot of traveling for work so I'm excited that I can watch my own tv recordings.

Archived