The Ohio State Vs. The Cincinnati Bearcats!!!!

Rumble In the Jungle

[color=#333333][font=HelveticaNeue,]
[url="https://twitter.com/#!/JoshSneed"][b]Josh Sneed[/b] [size=4]‏[/size] [s]@[/s][b]JoshSneed[/b][/url]
[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=HelveticaNeue,]
Nice win [url="https://twitter.com/#!/search/%23Bearcats"][s]#[/s][b]Bearcats[/b][/url]! Ohio is 8-0 in the tourney. No state has ever had 4 teams in the Sweet 16...until now.[/font][/color]

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1332259021' post='1109370']
And I hate the fuckguys.
[/quote]

Why?

I never could understand why someone that lives in Ohio would hate Ohio State.
They are one of the best programs in Football and Basketball.

I guess I've always been a Homer. I like UC, OSU, Xavier, UD and even Wright State.
Only when they play each other do I have to chose sides.

Can not stand Kentucky. But that's because of all of my relatives from Kentucky.
I used to like them, but whenever I tried to talk about any other sport, all they
would come back with is "UK Baby!" UGH.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332261088' post='1109384']

[b]Why?[/b]

[b]I never could understand why someone that lives in Ohio would hate Ohio State.[/b]
They are one of the best programs in Football and Basketball.

I guess I've always been a Homer. I like UC, OSU, Xavier, UD and even Wright State.
Only when they play each other do I have to chose sides.

Can not stand Kentucky. But that's because of all of my relatives from Kentucky.
I used to like them, but whenever I tried to talk about any other sport, all they
would come back with is "UK Baby!" UGH.
[/quote]

The complaint I have heard most often is OSU fans tend to be arrogant.

There is some truth to that. I am a member of an OSU website and I take a fair amount of crap during basketball season as a UC fan.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1332279648' post='1109490']

There is some truth to that. I am a member of an OSU website and I take a fair amount of crap during basketball season as a UC fan.
[/quote]

Well I think that's a pretty stupid reason. That's like saying I'm not a Bengals
fan because a lot of their fans act more like victims than fans.

And there are arrogant fans of a lot of Elite programs.

But to each their own.

[/quote]

I think every fanbase, college or pros, or even high school (sadly) has its warts. The bigger the fanbase, the larger collection of warts, but I'd venture to guess the percentage is pretty even across the board of all fanbases.

[/quote]

That is the main reason for me. Same as Uk. Honestly the UK fans in Lexington aren't that bad. Same as the OSU fans in columbus

Another reason I hate ohio state is their refusal to schedule a home and home series with UC

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1332444568' post='1110562']
That is the main reason for me. Same as Uk. Honestly the UK fans in Lexington aren't that bad. Same as the OSU fans in columbus

Another reason I hate ohio state is their refusal to schedule a home and home series with UC
[/quote]

I agree with pretty with this whole post. The only time OSU did schedule UC (kinda) was at the Wooden Classic when UC had to field a team 2 months before the season started and the only scholarship player they had was Cedric McGowan, a 6'6" JUCO from the previous year's recruiting class. OSU won by 20. They had a really good team and again, UC had 1 legit Big East player and the rest were JUCO's that had not signed with anyone else up to that point (or nobody else wanted them) and a freshman Deonta Vaughn.

I saw a funny post on Facebook, someone said:
[quote]Dear Gene Smith:

You cannot buy Ohio State out of this game. See you on Thursday!

Best regards, BearcatNation!

P.S. And the game can't be moved to Columbus either.
[/quote]
Mick's done a wonderful job with this team and program, here is a breakdown of win totals since he's been the HC. Every year, they have improved their win total....if we beat OSU, that would continue to be true from last year to this year (26 wins)

'06-'07: 11 W's
'07-'08: 13 W's
'08-'09: 18 W's
'09-'10: 19 W's
'10-'11: 26 W's
'11-'12: 26 W's (so far...)

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1332447382' post='1110581']

I agree with pretty with this whole post. The only time OSU did schedule UC (kinda) was at the Wooden Classic when UC had to field a team 2 months before the season started and the only scholarship player they had was Cedric McGowan, a 6'6" JUCO from the previous year's recruiting class. OSU won by 20. They had a really good team and again, UC had 1 legit Big East player and the rest were JUCO's that had not signed with anyone else up to that point (or nobody else wanted them) and a freshman Deonta Vaughn.

I saw a funny post on Facebook, someone said:

Mick's done a wonderful job with this team and program, here is a breakdown of win totals since he's been the HC. Every year, they have improved their win total....if we beat OSU, that would continue to be true from last year to this year (26 wins)

'06-'07: 11 W's
'07-'08: 13 W's
'08-'09: 18 W's
'09-'10: 19 W's
'10-'11: 26 W's
'11-'12: 26 W's (so far...)
[/quote]

UC fans felt cocky going into this game, but it turned out the way i expected. UC got to that 26 win plateau by scheduling a bunch of nobodies before league play began. even homer lance mccallister burned their ass for that at the time. there were many telling games along the way that bore evidence why they'd never be able to stay with the bucks last night. the hyped up matchup between jared sullinger and yancy "the thug" gates left a lot to be desired and was a total mismatch. gates didn't have a clue how to defend sullinger, even with help.

the one thing i can't understand is why UC fans consistently cry for us to put them on the schedule. you got your answer why last night. TBH you're lucky buford had an off night (1-8 FGA) , or we would have beat you worse than we did.

and billy cunningham predicted UC would win by what, 20 points? what a dumb bastard! talk about poster board material!

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1332558837' post='1111376']

not me, especially after so many UC fans ran their mouths the way they did prior to tip off. fitting justice.
[/quote]

Yeah, well I like both teams and don't let how other fans act influence that.

But I will say, for all the shit UC fans say about Ohio State fans, they were the one's being arrogant
and obnoxious before the game. Hell, just look at this thread.

Archived