The Ohio State Vs. The Cincinnati Bearcats!!!!

Rumble In the Jungle

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1332558649' post='1111374']

UC fans felt cocky going into this game, but it turned out the way i expected. UC got to that 26 win plateau by scheduling a bunch of nobodies before league play began. even homer lance mccallister burned their ass for that at the time. there were many telling games along the way that bore evidence why they'd never be able to stay with the bucks last night. the hyped up matchup between jared sullinger and yancy "the thug" gates left a lot to be desired and was a total mismatch. gates didn't have a clue how to defend sullinger, even with help.

the one thing i can't understand is why UC fans consistently cry for us to put them on the schedule. you got your answer why last night. TBH you're lucky buford had an off night (1-8 FGA) , or we would have beat you worse than we did.

and billy cunningham predicted UC would win by what, 20 points? what a dumb bastard! talk about poster board material!
[/quote]

You are a typical Buckeye fan, you are all a bunch of arrogant pricks. Calling gates a thug(I forgot all the osu guys were choir boys) Talking about how much more OSU would of won by if someone wasn't 1-8(uc would of won by 50 if they shot 100%) OSU wins one game while UC is rebuilding and suddenly ducking uc for years is forgotten. Bill cunninghamm is a X fan. He says shit just to get a rise out of dumb asses like you. Put on your anal bead necklace, sweater vest, and those stupid OH-IO glasses and jack off to the marching banding dotting an I.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1332642121' post='1111742']
You are a typical Buckeye fan, you are all a bunch of arrogant pricks. Calling gates a thug(I forgot all the osu guys were choir boys) Talking about how much more OSU would of won by if someone wasn't 1-8(uc would of won by 50 if they shot 100%) OSU wins one game while UC is rebuilding and suddenly ducking uc for years is forgotten. Bill cunninghamm is a X fan. He says shit just to get a rise out of dumb asses like you. Put on your anal bead necklace, sweater vest, and those stupid OH-IO glasses and jack off to the marching banding dotting an I.
[/quote]

I won't back everything 'ed said, but you should probably take a look through this entire team before you judge which fanbase is acting like "arrogant pricks". It's not the ohio state fans.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1332642460' post='1111743']

I won't back everything 'ed said, but you should probably take a look through this entire team before you judge which fanbase is acting like "arrogant pricks". It's not the ohio state fans.
[/quote]

Ohio state fans are the steeler fans of the NCAA

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1332642121' post='1111742']
[/quote]

gates is a fucking thug. what he did has no place in college basketball. if you support that trash, you're more fucked up than the coach that slapped his hands. if he can't control his emotions any better than that, he doesn't deserve to be in the game. what made matters worse, the joke of the suspension they gave him was virtually meaningless, since it was served during the cupcake pre league part of the schedule that were guaranteed wins anyway...the only way you could get an invite to the big dance. he was back on the court for that most important first league game, showing what UC's priorities really were, showing how much regret they really had for the incident. i lost any respect i previously had, when that occurred. what a joke! that incident put a black eye on the program. then soon after the fact, there was a public campaign to sweep it under the rug with the talk show programs.

i can't understand how any fans of that program would think OSU ducks you. it's more like, there's nothing to gain by playing you. there's practically no fan base, a fact that mccallister cries about non-stop. you don't recruit well, so the competition level isn't high enough. finally, we don't have any desire to get into street fights during contests. this doesn't even address the fact that UC doesn't schedule out of league games against meaningful programs, anyway!

after uc's fans ran their mouth the way they did, instead of showing descent respect to another in state program, i couldn't be more happy that they stomped your asses as bad as they did. you deserve no better.

billy cunningham is a major radio personality in cincinnati with a large audience, and his voice represents that city. regardless of who he roots for, he was a fool to stick his foot in his mouth the way he did.

you really should wear a kotex on that bleeding ass. you're making a helluva mess!

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1332653046' post='1111775']

gates is a fucking thug.

i can't understand how any fans of that program would think OSU ducks you. it's more like, there's nothing to gain by playing you. there's practically no fan base, a fact that mccallister cries about non-stop. you don't recruit well, so the competition level isn't high enough. finally, we don't have any desire to get into street fights during contests. this doesn't even address the fact that UC doesn't schedule out of league games against meaningful programs, anyway!

after uc's fans ran their mouth the way they did, instead of showing descent respect to another in state program, i couldn't be more happy that they stomped your asses as bad as they did. you deserve no better.

[/quote]

IM going to let the gates thing go. You are an old man which means you are more than likely racists

The ducking uc thing has been going on for years. No fan base? When huggins was coach uc was consistently in the top 25 in attendance. Wont schedule any meaningful out of conference games? They tried scheduling OSU for years, yet they ducked them. Its hard to have meaningful non conference games when teams wont play you.(see boise st football). What you don't understand, is that baskeball was being played for years before OSU bought thad matta in hopes to make everyone forget the fact that obrien cheated to win all those games.

Showing respect to another in state program? Have you read any of you fucking post?

How do you not realize you are the steeler fans of the ncaa? Only remembering the good years. Talking trash about other teams off field/court problems when theirs are just as bad, if not worse. Showing no respect to any other teams, or their fans

Again with the anal beads made of buckeyes, sweater vest, and stupid OH-IO glasses. Go fuck yourself.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1332685608' post='1111837']
IM going to let the gates thing go. You are an old man which means you are more than likely racists

The ducking uc thing has been going on for years. No fan base? When huggins was coach uc was consistently in the top 25 in attendance. Wont schedule any meaningful out of conference games? They tried scheduling OSU for years, yet they ducked them. Its hard to have meaningful non conference games when teams wont play you.(see boise st football). What you don't understand, is that baskeball was being played for years before OSU bought thad matta in hopes to make everyone forget the fact that obrien cheated to win all those games.

Showing respect to another in state program? Have you read any of you fucking post?

How do you not realize you are the steeler fans of the ncaa? Only remembering the good years. Talking trash about other teams off field/court problems when theirs are just as bad, if not worse. Showing no respect to any other teams, or their fans

Again with the anal beads made of buckeyes, sweater vest, and stupid OH-IO glasses. Go fuck yourself.
[/quote]

again, I'm not gonna agree with much of what 'ed said, but you can't sit there and call someone a racist, tell them to go fuck themselves, among many other insults, and not come off like a complete and utter hypocrite and fool.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1332685608' post='1111837']

[/quote]

and YOU are passing judgement on someone you know nothing about, asshole. if you did know anything about me, about my history, about the causes i fight for, and the makeup of my family, you would NEVER make that statement! now go fuck yourself and never bring that issue up with me again!

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1332689557' post='1111852']

and YOU are passing judgement on someone you know nothing about, asshole. if you did know anything about me, about my history, about the causes i fight for, and the makeup of my family, you would NEVER make that statement! now go fuck yourself and never bring that issue up with me again!
[/quote]

Willing to bet that when kevin mchale and bill lamber played they were hard nosed, and hustlers.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1332644245' post='1111756']
Ohio state fans are the steeler fans of the NCAA
[/quote]
This.

I used to root for OSU to win and do well, especially in CFB, but a lot of the fanbase is just absolutely obnoxious and think that OSU can never, ever, lose. It gets old.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1332696797' post='1111887']
Willing to bet that when kevin mchale and bill lamber played they were hard nosed, and hustlers.
[/quote]

and this poor attempt as a rebuttal means what? i could be wrong, but i don't recall either one sucker punching anyone during their college careers. and even if they did, how in the hell would that justify what gates did?

After calming myself down and thinking things over It was wrong of me to call you racist, for all I know you could be an african american yourself. So I apologize for calling you racists. However I do know for a fact that you are an asshole and that will never change

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1332702559' post='1111928']
This.

I used to root for OSU to win and do well, especially in CFB, but a lot of the fanbase is just absolutely obnoxious and think that OSU can never, ever, lose. It gets old.
[/quote]

That is a generalization that can be applied to any major program. The obnoxious fans tend to get more attention but for every one of them there are at least ten decent fans that don't really get noticed. It is foolish to judge an entire group of people based on the team they root for.

[quote name='Ron~Popeil' timestamp='1332732058' post='1112074']

That is a generalization that can be applied to any major program. The obnoxious fans tend to get more attention but for every one of them there are at least ten decent fans that don't really get noticed. It is foolish to judge an entire group of people based on the team they root for.
[/quote]

well said.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1332702559' post='1111928']
This.

[/quote]

that's just not true. i'll give you a good example even to prove how wrong you are. i keep pretty good tabs on two different buckeye message boards. the majority of posters on each board would tell you that kentucky is the best team in the nation. if we are fortunate enough to get through our next game with kansas, which equates to a helluva task, we'd have to almost play a perfect game to beat kentucky. most OSU fans agree with that.

does that mean we shouldn't have beaten a team like the bearcats? no, absolutely no! a loss to them would have been a big disappointment, because they aren't in our league. so it's not a big surprise we won that game, as expected. the two programs aren't on the same level. that's not cocky, that's realism.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1332782594' post='1112231']
I don't need need your message board tabs to tell you that OSU fans are the most obnoxious fans I've ever been around.
[/quote]

so i addressed the very point you raised, and instead of responding on it's merits, you choose this tired, worn out retort?

sounds like the "i'm the poor little sister" syndrome, to me.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1332811495' post='1112384']
LOL.

Okay man, I don't really care about what people on message boards say about OSU and all that jazz. I interact with OSU fans on a daily basis and they're obfuckingnoxious. You can't get through a Saturday without either seeing "OH" or "we were fucking jobbed, omgwtf." I have absolutely no horse in the race as the only collegiate sport I like is basketball, but OSU fans are just like Steeler fans. In every single way. Stupid chants. Tainted tradition. Fans whom think they are superior to the other teams fans. You can deny it all you would like, but it's what I see all the time.
[/quote]

Obviously not all Buckeye fans are that way. I mean, you have been interacting with a few in this thread.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1332811495' post='1112384']
LOL.

Okay man, I don't really care about what people on message boards say about OSU and all that jazz. I interact with OSU fans on a daily basis and they're obfuckingnoxious. You can't get through a Saturday without either seeing "OH" or "we were fucking jobbed, omgwtf." I have absolutely no horse in the race as the only collegiate sport I like is basketball, but OSU fans are just like Steeler fans. In every single way. Stupid chants. Tainted tradition. Fans whom think they are superior to the other teams fans. You can deny it all you would like, but it's what I see all the time.
[/quote]

the funny thing is, if you were to move to say Florida, Tennesee, Oklahoma, or California, you'd be saying the same things about a bunch of other programs too.

You only have to look in this very thread to see that fans of UC and other programs shouldn't be throwing stones in their pretty little glass houses.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1332558649' post='1111374']

UC fans felt cocky going into this game, but it turned out the way i expected. UC got to that 26 win plateau by scheduling a bunch of nobodies before league play began. even homer lance mccallister burned their ass for that at the time. there were many telling games along the way that bore evidence why they'd never be able to stay with the bucks last night. the hyped up matchup between jared sullinger and yancy "the thug" gates left a lot to be desired and was a total mismatch. gates didn't have a clue how to defend sullinger, even with help.

the one thing i can't understand is why UC fans consistently cry for us to put them on the schedule. you got your answer why last night. TBH you're lucky buford had an off night (1-8 FGA) , or we would have beat you worse than we did.

and billy cunningham predicted UC would win by what, 20 points? what a dumb bastard! talk about poster board material!
[/quote]

Really? I don't recall seeing any cocky posts in this thread. Just people sharing their opinions of their experiences with OSU fans. I think if you read the UC fans' replies and compare it to your post above, you would be the one coming off as "cocky".

OSU bought their way out of games scheduled vs UC and won't schedule UC unless it's in Columbus. That's the reason why they haven't played...not because of some BS reason you fabricated.

Have you ever made a mistake in your life? Yancy did. He punched Frease during the shootout in a very emotional moment. He is one of the most polite and nicest people you will ever meet in your life. He's never gotten in trouble for anything, much less fighting. By your definition, anyone who has punched someone, even once in their life is a thug. Are you a thug? By your definition, I would classify. Yet I have a college degree and work and don't get in trouble with the law and contribute as much as I can to society. Yancy will also have a college degree and has never gotten arrested for anything....he's made one mistake and that's enough for you to call him a thug. That reflects a deficiency in your character, not his.

The rest of your post is abrasive as well. You don't further any sort of conversation with the kind of post you made. It was incendiary. C'mon man!

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1332875682' post='1112674']

Really? I don't recall seeing any cocky posts in this thread. Just people sharing their opinions of their experiences with OSU fans. I think if you read the UC fans' replies and compare it to your post above, you would be the one coming off as "cocky".

OSU bought their way out of games scheduled vs UC and won't schedule UC unless it's in Columbus. That's the reason why they haven't played...not because of some BS reason you fabricated.

Have you ever made a mistake in your life? Yancy did. He punched Frease during the shootout in a very emotional moment. He is one of the most polite and nicest people you will ever meet in your life. He's never gotten in trouble for anything, much less fighting. By your definition, anyone who has punched someone, even once in their life is a thug. Are you a thug? By your definition, I would classify. Yet I have a college degree and work and don't get in trouble with the law and contribute as much as I can to society. Yancy will also have a college degree and has never gotten arrested for anything....he's made one mistake and that's enough for you to call him a thug. That reflects a deficiency in your character, not his.

The rest of your post is abrasive as well. You don't further any sort of conversation with the kind of post you made. It was incendiary. C'mon man!
[/quote]

that wasn't the emotional moment you claim. bad blood was brewing, but that happens all across the country. with that said, NOTHING precipitated that course of action. that never should happen in college basketball. he wasn't coming to anyone's rescue, as he claims. he created and elevated the nature of that whole damned incident. the guy he sucker punched was out there trying to restore order. so gates takes a cheap, blinded shot at him, then his buddy kicks him in the head while he's sprawled out on the floor. i haven't seen anything that disgusting since jim brewer blindsided luke whitte some 30 years ago, and it took me back to that horrible incident.

this wasn't a heated moment of the game incident, not that there'd be any justification even then. this happened with the game over after UC got there ass whipped by 23 points. the incident was as disgusting as anything i've seen in college basketball and i'm surprised joe deters didn't follow through with pressing assault charges against those guys. he relented to the pressure, after showing a desire to go that way and dropped his investigation. i thought that was just as much a farce as the campaign to kill off all discussion on the radio about the incident. if a 6'9" 260 lb man can get away with sucker punching someone in front of millions of viewers without repercussions, something is mighty wrong in this world. that you'd choose to support that crap, choose to try to minimize it, only speaks to your character.

it has no place in college basketball, and the guy should have been booted from the team, much like mick cronin 1st indicated he would do while apologizing to the community....this before he went chickenshit and did a 180.

Like Ikota said no UC fans on here were being cocky. Honestly Ed you are coming across as one by saying we're not even on your level blah blah blah. Last I checked UC has 2 championships and they were against OSU lol. Doesn't matter how long ago but it shows that we are a good team. As a matter of fact at one point Ohio was known for OSU's football and UC's basketball program. Another thing, when I watch a live sports game I don't expect a fight every time but usually it happens. Sometimes it's expected. When we play the steelers you can almost count on one. Now if we were watching a live presidential debate and those guys started to fight that would like woah lol I don't think gates is a thug. He's a young man that made a mistake. He even called freese and apologized to him. I'm almost sure you thrown one in your day bro.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1332704279' post='1111933']
After calming myself down and thinking things over It was wrong of me to call you racist, for all I know you could be an african american yourself. So I apologize for calling you racists. However I do know for a fact that you are an asshole and that will never change
[/quote]
This is one hell of an apology!

:lol:

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1332995244' post='1113398']

that wasn't the emotional moment you claim. bad blood was brewing, but that happens all across the country. with that said, NOTHING precipitated that course of action. that never should happen in college basketball. he wasn't coming to anyone's rescue, as he claims. he created and elevated the nature of that whole damned incident. the guy he sucker punched was out there trying to restore order. so gates takes a cheap, blinded shot at him, then his buddy kicks him in the head while he's sprawled out on the floor. i haven't seen anything that disgusting since jim brewer blindsided luke whitte some 30 years ago, and it took me back to that horrible incident.

this wasn't a heated moment of the game incident, not that there'd be any justification even then. this happened with the game over after UC got there ass whipped by 23 points. the incident was as disgusting as anything i've seen in college basketball and i'm surprised joe deters didn't follow through with pressing assault charges against those guys. he relented to the pressure, after showing a desire to go that way and dropped his investigation. i thought that was just as much a farce as the campaign to kill off all discussion on the radio about the incident. if a 6'9" 260 lb man can get away with sucker punching someone in front of millions of viewers without repercussions, something is mighty wrong in this world. that you'd choose to support that crap, choose to try to minimize it, only speaks to your character.

it has no place in college basketball, and the guy should have been booted from the team, much like mick cronin 1st indicated he would do while apologizing to the community....this before he went chickenshit and did a 180.
[/quote]

OK, I'll concede...I have horrible character. I'm not a good person, at all. But that's not what we're debating here. What we're talking about is a 20 yr old kid who punched someone during a heated moment. The first time he's gotten in trouble. At all. This classifies him as a thug in your eyes? If so, whodey24k is right, you're an asshole haha.

In reading your posts, it's clear you have a tremendous bias and are not looking at the situation objectively. It's very apparent in your post, choice of words, tone etc... I'm a UC fan, I'll admit, but that factors very, very minimally to my opinion of the incident. He was wrong, he apologized and has not shown a history or propensity for this kind of behavior. I'll hold off (negative) judgement on the young man's character until he does this again. So......1 incident in 4 years at UC makes Gates a thug to you. I'm going to ask my Dr for some ambien so I can give it to Yancy. He's probably been up all night due to your criticism of him.

Archived