Trayvon Martin Thread

MichaelWeston

With any luck... we have such smart posters here at go-bengals that we're withholding opinion until all the actual facts come out...

We're not like the Will Smith's and other dumbasses throwing out useless comments about the situation prior to actually having a decent semblence of what happened.

Kudos to go-bengals posters!

I hope so too. THat does not seem to be the case with the general public

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1332879010' post='1112714']
The one thing we do know is Zimmerman admitted on tape he was following him.

Not sure why he needed to do that and not let the police do their jobs.....
[/quote]

Thats very true. He should not have folloed him, or had the gun from what I have read.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1332879010' post='1112714']
The one thing we do know is Zimmerman admitted on tape he was following him.

Not sure why he needed to do that and not let the police do their jobs.....
[/quote]

Again... without knowing all the facts everything else is speculation. If, in fact, there has been 20+ break ins in that area and repeated calls to police gave nothing and the police were getting there too late and not able to catch anybody he may have thought he was helping out by explaining to the police where the guy was. Again, it is all purely speculation at this point.

Another thing we do know... the media is portraying the whole deal as though the kid was an innocent 10/12 year old... right down to the pictures that are being flashed. Instead of using current photos.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1332879445' post='1112723']

Again... without knowing all the facts everything else is speculation. If, in fact, there has been 20+ break ins in that area and repeated calls to police gave nothing and the police were getting there too late and not able to catch anybody he may have thought he was helping out by explaining to the police where the guy was. Again, it is all purely speculation at this point.

Another thing we do know... the media is portraying the whole deal as though the kid was an innocent 10/12 year old... right down to the pictures that are being flashed. Instead of using current photos.
[/quote]

So much for withholding opinions until the facts come out.

Here are the facts as I know them:

-Zimmerman was a self appointed "capitan" of the neighborhood watch, who called the police atleast 50 times in 2011 and carried a gun, something that not allowed by any neighborhood watch association in America. He also has an arrest record for pushing a cop and a domestic violence dispute that was later thrown out.

-Zimmerman was following Martin, called 911 to report the suspicious looking guy in the hoodie, was told to stay in his car and not engage Martin. What did he do, get out of his car and engage Martin.

-A struggle ensued and Martin was shot by Zimmerman. Zimmerman is claiming self defense under the stand your ground law but the authors of that law clearly state it doesn't apply to Zimmerman because he was the one who initiated the confrontation. Had Zimmerman not been carrying a gun and listened to the 911 dispacther Martin would still be alive.

-Martin was suspended for school, for what exactly I'm not sure. I know that being suspended from school doesn't make you a criminal though.

Going off of what I know to be facts I think Zimmerman over-reacted and shot Martin after confronting him and getting beat up. Zimmerman seems like a loser wannabe cop who has nothing better to do than cruise around his neighborhood watching out for bad guys with a gun, he seems like an insecure little man who feels like a tough guy when they get a weapon. Zimmerman is claiming self defense but that is insane as he was the one who was following Martin and confronted him, unfortunately Martin isn't alive to tell his side of the story and Zimmerman's people are trying to spin it as if Martin was the aggressor but that doesn't make sense when you consider the facts.

[/quote]

There have been close to 30 break-ins in my subdivision of 110 homes in the last 2 years, I'm not sure if anyone has been caught. However I do know that no one in my neighborhood patrols the streets at night in their car with a gun waiting to shoot the first "suspicious" unfamilar face they see. My point is alot of communities across this country are experiencing these types of situations, gunning down a kid coming home from the candy store doesn't help keep people safe at night.

It's called neighborhood watch for a reason, you are supposed to only have phone and a flashlight, not a gun.

As for Martin, he was innocent. What crime did he commit? Wearing a hoodie? Please tell me what Martin did that warranted him being shot by the self appointed capitan of the neighborhood watch?

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1332879602' post='1112724']

So much for withholding opinions until the facts come out.
[/quote]

What opinion have I offered? I've offered none. Purely speculation offering a "reason" to explain Jamie's fact.

Tragic situation. Just hope we don't get a 40 page topic going without knowing what actually happened. Was anything else I said an opinion?

Again... without knowing all the facts everything else is speculation. If, in fact, there has been 20+ break ins in that area and repeated calls to police gave nothing and the police were getting there too late and not able to catch anybody he may have thought he was helping out by explaining to the police where the guy was. [color=#ff0000]Again, it is all purely speculation at this point.[/color]

[/quote]

Yours right?

Because I wasnt speculating.

It's on the 911 tape that he said he was following him and they told him they didnt need him to do that.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1332880014' post='1112727']

There have been close to 30 break-ins in my subdivision of 110 homes in the last 2 years, I'm not sure if anyone has been caught. However I do know that no one in my neighborhood patrols the streets at night in their car with a gun waiting to shoot the first "suspicious" unfamilar face they see. My point is alot of communities across this country are experiencing these types of situations, gunning down a kid coming home from the candy store doesn't help keep people safe at night.

It's called neighborhood watch for a reason, you are supposed to only have phone and a flashlight, not a gun.

As for Martin, he was innocent. What crime did he commit? Wearing a hoodie? Please tell me what Martin did that warranted him being shot by the self appointed capitan of the neighborhood watch?
[/quote]

And, if the investigation shows all of what you say to be true then Zimmerman should answer for it. And, I hope he does. Just hope cooler heads prevail and proper justice is administered.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1332880583' post='1112737']

Yours right?

Because I wasnt speculating.

It's on the 911 tape that he said he was following him and they told him they didnt need him to do that.
[/quote]

Oh... I thought you said "not sure why he needed to do that and not let the police do their job..." but I guess that may have been purely rhetorical.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1332880850' post='1112740']

Oh... I thought you said "not sure why he needed to do that and not let the police do their job..." but I guess that may have been purely rhetorical.
[/quote]

It was.

In fact I'm not sure why he thought he needed a gun to "take on" (for lack of a better word) a kid that he outweighed by a good margin.

Thats rhetorical too. ;)

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1332880014' post='1112727']

[/quote]

Zimmerman reported that he got out of his car and lost the kid, then was going back and the kid aproached him. Witnesses saw the kid on top hitting him.

Has anyone done quite a bit of digging for facts beyond what the standard media outlets are throwing up there? Like current photos for both people, what they're doing now / current "lifestyle" for lack of a better term, if Zimmerman had a carry permit, etc., etc., etc.

I've done a little but was just wondering. I know a Neighborhood Watch wouldn't justify having a gun in and of itself, etc.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1332881247' post='1112744']

Zimmerman reported that he got out of his car and lost the kid, then was going back and the kid aproached him. Witnesses saw the kid on top hitting him.
[/quote]

He's saying that after public opinion has turned against him, Martin was killed a month ago, why is this only coming out now? Zimmerman is a desperate man who is literally hiding for his life, I think he would say the sky was purple and he could shit gold if it got him out of this mess.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1332883190' post='1112761']

He's saying that after public opinion has turned against him, Martin was killed a month ago, why is this only coming out now? Zimmerman is a desperate man who is literally hiding for his life, I think he would say the sky was purple and he could shit gold if it got him out of this mess.
[/quote]

Its only coming out now because you dont comment about police investigations in the media. Its coming out now being leaked from the police report of that night. Its also not him who was the eye witness. http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/03/27/witness-reportedly-saw-trayvon-martin-beating-george-zimmerman-shooting

Plus they keep showing a picture of Trayvon when he was 13 and a picture of Zimmerman after he was arrested. I dont beleive in the left wing media bias, but this is a strange narrative they seem to be painting.

I don't know all the facts but from what I have heard, Martin should have never been shot.

What drives me crazy about this whole thing is the up roar from a lot of the black community. They all get upset when a white guy kills a black kid but don't seem to care that there is tons of black on black crime that kills kids. In almost every major city a black kid is killed by another black every month. I would think that they should also be concerned about black on black crime epically when kids are dying.

I can understand them being upset and believing that Zimmerman is racist. There is no need for racism but I just wish they would focus more on black on black crime and not just protest when it's white on black.

There's a lot of shit being slung by both sides.

He shouldn't have been following him and definitely shouldn't have made contact. It's apparent it was not a premeditated murder because why the hell would he call the police? I've never had someone call me right before they committed a crime. If he was legally carrying a gun it doesn't matter what the neighborhood watch guidelines are. I'm sure he could have resolved the situation differently but like we say in law enforcement, you don't know what you're going to do until you're put in that situation. These monday morning quarterbacks don't have the luxury of not having someone standing over them beating them (allegedly of course). I'm sure Martin had no intention of killing Zimmerman, but if Zimmerman perceived it that way (allegedly standing over him assaulting him, more so trying to grab his gun) he just reacted with deadly force to end the threat.

Also a lot of people are throwing a fit because Zimmerman wasn't drug or "alcohol" tested. If he showed no sign of being impaired the police had absolutely no reason to do so.

He hasn't been charged so it's pretty apparent there's not enough evidence to do so. Highly doubt it's because the victim is black either. Seems like a crazy conspiracy theory.

[quote name='steggyD' timestamp='1332906112' post='1112926']
Why does this turn into a left vs right subject? It's a criminal case, innocent vs guilty. Damn, they use anything to divide us, don't they?
[/quote]
In this case the omnipresent "they" being the Illuminati.

Archived