Trayvon Martin Thread

MichaelWeston

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1332959544' post='1113173']
[url="http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/28/elderly-couple-forced-out-home-after-tweet-claims-killer-trayvon-miller-lives/"]http://www.foxnews.c...n-miller-lives/[/url]
[left]
[color=#000000][size=4]SANFORD, Fla – An elderly Florida couple have been forced to move into a hotel after their home address was wrongly tweeted as belonging to the man who shot teen Trayvon Martin.[/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4]The tweets were traced back to a man in California and the address was also reportedly retweeted by director [url="http://www.foxnews.com/topics/directors/spike-lee.htm#r_src=ramp"]Spike Lee[/url] to his almost 250,000 followers.[/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4]The couple, aged 70 and 72, have been harassed with hate mail, been hassled by media and had scared neighbors questioning them since the tweet, their son Chip Humble told the Orlando Sentinel.[/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4]Fearful for their safety, and hoping to escape the spotlight, the couple have temporarily moved to a hotel.[/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4]The confusion seems to stem from the fact the woman's son is named William George Zimmerman and he lived briefly at the address in 1995.[/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4]When William Zimmerman pleaded with the man who tweeted the address, the man responded, "Black power all day. No justice, no peace" along with an obscenity.[/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=4]Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot and killed Martin in a Sanford gated community on Feb. 26, with emotions and anger running at fever pitch while he remains free.[/size][/color]

[/left]

[/quote]

Spike Lee is going to get sued[/left]

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1332956676' post='1113147']

No you don't know this to be the case... any more than I do. There are two very conceivable explanations as to how the confrontation occurred... one, Zimmerman ran the dude down and confronted him. Two, Zimmerman lost track of the dude was going back to his car and the kid confronted Zimmerman. I don't know which is right.
[/quote]

Obviously I do. And know which is right. Because following someone and getting out of your car is you confronting them.
Regardless if Martin jumped him or what, the dude got out of his car to confront him.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1332959380' post='1113171']

As wrong as Zimmerman was for following and confronting him, Zimmerman could have been beaten to death if his head was being smashed against the ground. If Zimmerman felt like he was going to be killed, wouldn't it be self defense at that point? Do we know if Zimmerman pulled the gun out before he started getting beat? Who made the first physical contact?

I feel like Zimmerman is guilty of something since he brought the gun into the situation and caused the struggle, but I'm not convinced he's guilty of a murder or manslaughter charge. I'd like to read more on the extent of Zimmerman's injuries to get a better idea if it really was self defense.
[/quote]

A person claiming self-defense must prove at trial that the self-defense was justified. Generally a person may use reasonable force when it appears reasonably necessary to prevent an impending injury. A person using force in self-defense should use only so much force as is required to repel the attack. Nondeadly force can be used to repel either a nondeadly attack or a deadly attack. [url="http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Deadly+Force"]Deadly Force[/url] may be used to fend off an attacker who is using deadly force but may not be used to repel an attacker who is not using deadly force.

In some cases, before using force that is likely to cause death or serious bodily harm to the aggressor, a person who is under attack should attempt to retreat or escape, but only if an exit is reasonably possible. Courts have held, however, that a person is not required to flee from his own home, the fenced ground surrounding the home, his place of business, or his automobile.

A person who is the initial aggressor in a physical encounter may be able to claim self-defense if the tables turn in the course of the fight. Generally a person who was the aggressor may use nondeadly force if the victim resumes fighting after the original fight ended. If the original aggressor attacked with nondeadly force and was met with deadly force in return, the aggressor may respond with deadly force.

Courts and tribunals have historically accepted self-defense as a defense to a legal action. As a matter of public policy, the physical force or violence associated with self-defense is considered an acceptable response to aggression.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1332966057' post='1113225']

I believe the 3 days thing is incorrect and he was identified by the family the next morning when they called police to report him missing. You write this like you're laying out the facts, but it's clearly soaked in bias.
[/quote]

I was wrong on the 3 day thing it was only one. However, his phone was called numerous times before he was reported missing.

[b] Funeral director: No injuries on Trayvon’s hands[/b]

By Stephen Loiaconi
updated 6:07 PM EDT, Wed March 28, 2012

NEED TO KNOW

[list]
[*]Funeral director says he saw no injuries on slain teen Trayvon Martin's hands and knuckles
[*]Gunshot wound appeared to be in upper chest area
[*]Funeral director calls police investigation 'most unprofessional' he has ever seen
[/list]

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/03/28/funeral-director-saw-no-signs-fight-trayvons-hands

What does he know about police investigations? Is it common that he is involved in them?

And old...its not like we are saying that George is definitely innocent. Just that the momentum of the masses are full of shit when they are saying he is definitely guilty. There is not enough evidence to go either way yet.

was just about to post that, Old. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this kid's face on the security footage. There is no cut on the back of his head. I mean, he's fucking bald. You'd be able to make it out. There is no bloody, broken nose. I mean, I don't even see grass stains. His fucking shirt is tucked in. lmao jesus christ.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332981193' post='1113331']
George Zimmerman doesn't look like he has a broken nose in this video from after the shooting.

[url="http://mhpshow.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/28/10909532-the-member-is-out-of-order"]http://mhpshow.msnbc...is-out-of-order[/url]
[/quote]

that video takes away any claims of self defense in my mind. i thought he had more serious injuries... can't tell if he's even hurt.

whoever carries a gun needs to bear the consequences of when that gun gets used. I know normally someone is considered innocent until proven guilty, but there's in this case we know for a fact that Zimmerman shot Trayvon. The burden is now on Zimmerman to prove it was self defense, or at least make self defense seem like a plausible reason based on something more than his own words. His own injuries do not support the need for deadly force.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1332992672' post='1113380']
Why would that video be public?

This guy is going to go free just because he can't get a fair trial.
[/quote]
lmao. you would really like that, wouldn't you?

JFC the nitpicking and obfuscation going on with this is ridiculous.. "Oh well more-informed people than you (that I will neglect to name or provide any reference for) disagree.. Now I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm just trying to muddy the waters enough to make it appear like I'm only an interested bystander with no agenda of my own while not-so-subtly playing the role of devil's advocate"

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1332993852' post='1113386']
[/quote]

Where do you get that idea? Because I think that the people have gone nuts in terms of indicting this guy before they heard all the information? you're nuts. And you can't read real well.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1332994008' post='1113388']
JFC the nitpicking and obfuscation going on with this is ridiculous.. "Oh well more-informed people than you (that I will neglect to name or provide any reference for) disagree.. Now I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm just trying to muddy the waters enough to make it appear like I'm only an interested bystander with no agenda of my own while not-so-subtly playing the role of devil's advocate"
[/quote]

The very people who would have been prosecuting him chose not to because they believed the evidence was not there. If that changes. Great, they found more evidence. If it changes because of public opinion then that sucks.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1332994042' post='1113389']

Where do you get that idea? Because I think that the people have gone nuts in terms of indicting this guy before they heard all the information? you're nuts. And you can't read real well.
[/quote]

[img]http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9951409.jpg[/img]

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1332992672' post='1113380']
Why would that video be public?

[b]This guy is going to go free just because he can't get a fair trial.[/b]
[/quote]

This. Which would be a shame if he's truly guilty.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1332993852' post='1113386']
[/quote]

And, not at all. If you actually went back and read through the posts you'd see very clearly where it has been stated at least 3-4 times that if Zimmerman is guilty by the evidence then he deserves whatever he gets. Not guilty by the media tilt.

That is all. The video looks like he hasn't been touched which doesn't support his self defense. Even any on the scene doctoring would still show any significant cuts / bleeding on the mostly bald head. The funeral director's statement that Martin's hands show no damage AT ALL also doesn't support Zimmerman's self defense. The funeral director stating any opinion on a police investigation is laughable... if you wanted to offer the coroner's assessment that is one thing, funeral director? Come on.

All of this needs to be weighed against the other evidence that is there and a conclusion made. By the evidence.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1332879010' post='1112714']
The one thing we do know is Zimmerman admitted on tape he was following him.

Not sure why he needed to do that and not let the police do their jobs.....
[/quote]
After I read Sois' post and then I read yours, I thought it was another football reference joke.

I read "Zimmer" not Zimmerman... and then the "tape, following". In my head Zimmer had his eye on the guy for a while.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1333023013' post='1113421']
After I read Sois' post and then I read yours, I thought it was another football reference joke.

I read "Zimmer" not Zimmerman... and then the "tape, following". In my head Zimmer had his eye on the guy for a while.
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1332963943' post='1113211']
carrying a gun, something you are not supposed to have on neighborhood watch
[/quote]

I'd not seen that it was against the neighborhood watch bylaws (or whatever they are in that area)... is there something out there you've seen stating that? A neighborhood watch program in and of itself doesn't provide the right to carry a gun - only a carry permit would. But does this neighborhood watch prohibit carry a handgun under any circumstances? I don't know.

kenneth - this next statement isn't to you directly...
I'd asked the other day if anyone knew if Zimmerman had a permit to carry concealed or not... he does. I saw that yesterday.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1333023013' post='1113421']

[/quote]

That's pretty funny right there!

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1333025967' post='1113443']

I'd not seen that it was against the neighborhood watch bylaws (or whatever they are in that area)... is there something out there you've seen stating that? A neighborhood watch program in and of itself doesn't provide the right to carry a gun - only a carry permit would. But does this neighborhood watch prohibit carry a handgun under any circumstances? I don't know.

kenneth - this next statement isn't to you directly...
I'd asked the other day if anyone knew if Zimmerman had a permit to carry concealed or not... he does. I saw that yesterday.
[/quote]

You realize Zimmerman was NOT officially apart of the neighborhood watch in his community. He was the SELF APPOINTED captain of the watch. No neighborhood watch association in the country is supposed to carry firearms, I know this because I'm apart of one in my subdivision. There role is to WATCH, which is why they are called the neighborhood watch, and then alert the authorities if they see suspicious activity. This is taken from the National Neighborhood Watch Institue's homepage:

[quote]

National Neighborhood Watch Institute (NNWI) is the premier national supplier of Neighborhood Watch materials. NNWI was the provider of the Sanford Florida sign seen so prominently in recent news coverage.

Our Participants Handbook states, "[b]Always remember that your responsibility is to report crime. Do not take any risks to prevent a crime or try to make an arrest. The responsibility for apprehending criminals belongs to the police/sheriff.[/b]"

Neighborhood Watch participants act as additional eyes and ears for law enforcement.They do not take the law into their own hands. We Look Out For Each Other is our motto.[/quote]

[url="http://www.nnwi.org/"]http://www.nnwi.org/[/url]

The fact that Zimmerman purposely followed Martin and at some point got of his car with the intention of confronting Martin after being told not to do so should prove to anyone without bias that he was the institigator in this situation. Just because you pick a fight with someone and you get beat up, doesn't give you the justification to shoot that person. It's not self defense, it's murder. Common sense will tell you that.

IMO....

The fact of the matter is Treyvon was no saint, but Zimmerman caused the situation by even getting out of his car...

I am being honest... Do neighborhood watches teach people to confront those who are suspicious? My guess would be no....

Zimmerman was trying to play cop and it ended horribly...

Archived