Trayvon Martin Thread

MichaelWeston

[url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html"]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html[/url]

[b] Trayvon suspended THREE times for 'drugs, truancy, graffiti and carrying burglary tool' and did he attack bus driver too? New picture emerges of victim as parents claim it's all a smear[/b]
[list]
[*][size="5"][size=1]The teen was suspended from school three times[/size][/size]
[*][size="5"][size=1]He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue[/size][/size]
[*][size="5"][size=1]Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry[/size][/size]
[*][size="5"][size=1]Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness[/size][/size]
[*][size="5"][size=1]Tearful parents say their son is now the victim of a smear campaign[/size][/size]
[*][size="5"][size=1]New poll shows 73 percent of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested[/size][/size]
[/list]

Lets say they struggle and the gun goes off and kills Zimmerman. Are we lauding Zimmerman as a courageous hero who volunteered to put himself in a dangerous situation to help protext the neighborhood that he loved? Do we literally start seeing different pictures in the media? Like the one with Zimmerman in the suit and Martin with sagging pants flipping off the camera. Instead of the mug shot and the picture of Martin from 4 years ago?

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1332944269' post='1113017']
[url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html"]http://www.dailymail...glary-tool.html[/url]

[b] Trayvon suspended THREE times for 'drugs, truancy, graffiti and carrying burglary tool' and did he attack bus driver too? New picture emerges of victim as parents claim it's all a smear[/b][list]
[*][size=5]The teen was suspended from school three times[/size]
[*][size=5]He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue[/size]
[*][size=5]Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry[/size]
[*][size=5]Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness[/size]
[*][size=5]Tearful parents say their son is now the victim of a smear campaign[/size]
[*][size=5]New poll shows 73 percent of Americans think Zimmerman should be arrested[/size]
[/list]
[/quote]

It is a smear campaign. Dude had a Tea, bag of skittles and a cellphone. For someone that he didn't
know to approach him, armed and shoot him, all that other shit means nothing.

Seriously. Michael Vick got 23 months for gambling and killing dogs. This dude doesn't even get arrested
for confronting an unarmed teen-ager and killing him.

SMH.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332950052' post='1113081']

It is a smear campaign. Dude had a Tea, bag of skittles and a cellphone. For someone that he didn't
know to approach him, armed and shoot him, all that other shit means nothing.

Seriously. Michael Vick got 23 months for gambling and killing dogs. This dude doesn't even get arrested
for confronting an unarmed teen-ager and killing him.

SMH.
[/quote]

He is not the angel 13 year old that he is being painted as.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1332950756' post='1113090']

He is not the angel 13 year old that he is being painted as.
[/quote]

Who gives a fuck? He went to the store and bought a tea and skittles while talking to his girlfriend on the phone.
He was confronted by a man he didn't know that was carrying a gun and shot him. Nothing he did deserved the death penalty.
Did it?

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332951011' post='1113094']

Who gives a fuck? He went to the store and bought a tea and skittles while talking to his girlfriend on the phone.
He was confronted by a man he didn't know that was carrying a gun and shot him. Nothing he did deserved the death penalty.
Did it?
[/quote]

x2

[b]He was confronted by a man[/b] he didn't know that was carrying a gun and shot him. Nothing he did deserved the death penalty.
Did it?
[/quote]

You know this to be the case?

Did it?
[/quote]

He said it was a smear campaign. I was replying to that. More of a fact campaign.

I agree with you. Its a tragedy for sure. But you have no idea what happened.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1332951227' post='1113098']

[/quote]

Zimmerman said he was attacked by him.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1332951227' post='1113098']

[/quote]

Yes. The kid went to the store. He was on the phone. He wasn't breaking any law.
He wasn't doing anything at all wrong.

The guy called the cops and said he "looked suspicious or on drugs or something."
He was asked if he was following him and said "Yes". He was told he didn't need to do that.

So am I to believe that the kid confronted him? Is that what you believe?

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1332951328' post='1113099']

He said it was a smear campaign. I was replying to that. More of a fact campaign.

I agree with you. Its a tragedy for sure. But you have no idea what happened.

Zimmerman said he was attacked by him.
[/quote]

It's a smear campaign when those facts do nothing to but taint his character and act as justification for him being murdered.

Oh, he wasn't a perfect Angel, so maybe he got what he deserved?

And I would attack someone too if I didn't know them, they were following me and had a gun. The kid probably feared for his life.
Obviously with good reason.

The thing is though, Zimmerman's side of the story is all you're ever going to get.

The Stand Your Ground law was put into place for people that act in Self Defense. Confronting someone is not self defense.

This dude had no business doing what he did. Period.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332951929' post='1113104']

Yes. The kid went to the store. He was on the phone. He wasn't breaking any law.
He wasn't doing anything at all wrong.

The guy called the cops and said he "looked suspicious or on drugs or something."
He was asked if he was following him and said "Yes". He was told he didn't need to do that.

So am I to believe that the kid confronted him? Is that what you believe?

It's a smear campaign when those facts do nothing to but taint his character and act as justification for him being murdered.

Oh, he wasn't a perfect Angel, so maybe he got what he deserved?

And I would attack someone too if I didn't know them, they were following me and had a gun. The kid probably feared for his life.
Obviously with good reason.

The thing is though, Zimmerman's side of the story is all you're ever going to get.

[/quote]

Plus the eye witnesses that say that Zimmerman was being beat up.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1332952213' post='1113105']

Plus the eye witnesses that say that Zimmerman was being beat up.
[/quote]

*sigh*

Fact of the matter is this, if Zimmerman doesn't leave his car, Martin isn't dead.

And since when is getting "beat up" cause for killing someone and not being arrested for anything?

"Hey, you followed a kid, even after you were told by the police not to, you got out of your car with a gun
and confronted him, even though the police told you to leave him be, he fought you, you shot him and that's cool. Thanks."

Are you really that callous?

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332952469' post='1113108']

*sigh*

Fact of the matter is this, if Zimmerman doesn't leave his car, Martin isn't dead.

And since when is getting "beat up" cause for killing someone and not being arrested for anything?

"Hey, you followed a kid, even after you were told by the police not to, you got out of your car with a gun
and confronted him, even though the police told you to leave him be, he fought you, you shot him and that's cool. Thanks."

Are you really that callous?
[/quote]

I said it was a tragedy. THe reality is you dont know the situation and don't know what happened. If you follow Zimmermans side it sounded like he followed him got out of the car lost him so he was going back to the car, the guy was then attacked, had a broken nose and was getting his head bashed against the ground then he shot the guy. You act like Zimmerman was looking for a fight or hunting him. Its a tragedy but 2 lives are completely ruined here.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1332952879' post='1113111']

I said it was a tragedy. THe reality is you dont know the situation and don't know what happened. If you follow Zimmermans side it sounded like he followed him got out of the car lost him so he was going back to the car, the guy was then attacked, had a broken nose and was getting his head bashed against the ground then he shot the guy. You act like Zimmerman was looking for a fight or hunting him. Its a tragedy but 2 lives are completely ruined here.
[/quote]

I know enough to know that if Zimmerman had listened to the dispatcher, Martin would be alive.
I also know enough to know that if Zimmerman hadn't gotten out of his car, Martin would be alive.

And that's bullshit anyway. Martin's girlfriend said she was on the phone with him right up until the last minute.
She said Zimmerman cornered him. Dude wasn't a Police Officer and was wearing no uniform. But was following
him and had a gun.

[quote]Police interviewed at least six witnesses. But none of them saw how the confrontation began or the shooting that ended it.

The police report noted Zimmerman was "bleeding from the nose and the back of the head."
[/quote]

[url="http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505266_162-57405671/trayvon-martin-killing-investigation-starts-over/"]http://www.cbsnews.c...on-starts-over/[/url]

I also know that confronting someone and getting your ass beat is not grounds for shooting
and killing them. It is not Self Defense if I go up to you, and you have no idea who the fuck I am,
with a gun and shoot you. Regardless if you started beating my ass or not. I would be the instigator.

What I am acting like is a 17 year old unarmed boy, that was doing nothing wrong, was shot and killed by a man
that had no business shooting and killing him. He should have been arrested long ago. Period.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332953876' post='1113119']

I know enough to know that if Zimmerman had listened to the dispatcher, Martin would be alive.
I also know enough to know that if Zimmerman hadn't gotten out of his car, Martin would be alive.

And that's bullshit anyway. Martin's girlfriend said she was on the phone with him right up until the last minute.
She said Zimmerman cornered him. Dude wasn't a Police Officer and was wearing no uniform. But was following
him and had a gun.

[url="http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505266_162-57405671/trayvon-martin-killing-investigation-starts-over/"]http://www.cbsnews.c...on-starts-over/[/url]

I also know that confronting someone and getting your ass beat is not grounds for shooting
and killing them. It is not Self Defense if I go up to you, and you have no idea who the fuck I am,
with a gun and shoot you. Regardless if you started beating my ass or not. I would be the instigator.

What I am acting like is a 17 year old unarmed boy, that was doing nothing wrong, was shot and killed by a man
that had no business shooting and killing him. He should have been arrested long ago. Period.
[/quote]

People who know way more about what happened and who do this for a living disagree with you.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332951929' post='1113104']

Yes.

[/quote]

No you don't know this to be the case... any more than I do. There are two very conceivable explanations as to how the confrontation occurred... one, Zimmerman ran the dude down and confronted him. Two, Zimmerman lost track of the dude was going back to his car and the kid confronted Zimmerman. I don't know which is right.

Everyone is making a huge deal about how much bigger Zimmerman was @ approx 250 pounds and Martin @ approx 150 pounds... I have a hard time believing Zimmerman managed to keep up with him when the kid ran after he's started towards Zimmerman's car.

I'll agree with you 1000000% that Zimmerman was in the wrong for getting out of the car after the operator said he didn't need to continue to follow him. Beyond that, nothing else that has been released is clear as to what actually happened.

Why in god's name would Zimmerman call 911 early in this whole episode, stay on the phone, and then shoot the kid? Its being made out like he was racist and this was premeditated... why get 911 on the horn? That makes no sense.

I hope that the facts can be determined from the 911 phone calls, Martin's call to his girlfriend (hopefully they're able to retrieve it from cell company), and credible evidence can be pieced together from the witnesses. And, when all is put together, if Zimmerman deserves to be arrested and charged then arrest him and charge him. All I've ever said was don't let the media and loud mouths frame the whole deal to where someone is being charged due exclusively to public outcry and pressure. That has been my only deal in this thing. Get it right based on the evidence, not the "perceived" evidence the media and loud mouths try to make the evidence.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' timestamp='1332956676' post='1113147']

No you don't know this to be the case... any more than I do. There are two very conceivable explanations as to how the confrontation occurred... one, Zimmerman ran the dude down and confronted him. Two, Zimmerman lost track of the dude was going back to his car and the kid confronted Zimmerman. I don't know which is right.

Everyone is making a huge deal about how much bigger Zimmerman was @ approx 250 pounds and Martin @ approx 150 pounds... I have a hard time believing Zimmerman managed to keep up with him when the kid ran after he's started towards Zimmerman's car.

I'll agree with you 1000000% that Zimmerman was in the wrong for getting out of the car after the operator said he didn't need to continue to follow him. Beyond that, nothing else that has been released is clear as to what actually happened.

Why in god's name would Zimmerman call 911 early in this whole episode, stay on the phone, and then shoot the kid? Its being made out like he was racist and this was premeditated... why get 911 on the horn? That makes no sense.

I hope that the facts can be determined from the 911 phone calls, Martin's call to his girlfriend (hopefully they're able to retrieve it from cell company), and credible evidence can be pieced together from the witnesses. And, when all is put together, if Zimmerman deserves to be arrested and charged then arrest him and charge him. All I've ever said was don't let the media and loud mouths frame the whole deal to where someone is being charged due exclusively to public outcry and pressure. That has been my only deal in this thing. Get it right based on the evidence, not the "perceived" evidence the media and loud mouths try to make the evidence.
[/quote]
x1

Here is the actual police report

[url="http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2012/03/trayvon-martin-shooting-death-initial-police-reports.html#more"]http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2012/03/trayvon-martin-shooting-death-initial-police-reports.html#more[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332953876' post='1113119']

[/quote]

As wrong as Zimmerman was for following and confronting him, Zimmerman could have been beaten to death if his head was being smashed against the ground. If Zimmerman felt like he was going to be killed, wouldn't it be self defense at that point? Do we know if Zimmerman pulled the gun out before he started getting beat? Who made the first physical contact?

I feel like Zimmerman is guilty of something since he brought the gun into the situation and caused the struggle, but I'm not convinced he's guilty of a murder or manslaughter charge. I'd like to read more on the extent of Zimmerman's injuries to get a better idea if it really was self defense.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1332956179' post='1113141']

People who know way more about what happened and who do this for a living disagree with you.
[/quote]
The only reason he hasn't been arrested is BECAUSE of the fucktarded Stand Your Ground law. Probably the reason why he'll eventually, probably, get off scott free. . Forget the fact that he muttered "fucking coons" when on the phone with police, making this at least somewhat racially motivated. The guy on his 911 call was trying to portray Martin as the aggressor from the get go. Saying "he's just staring at me." "his hand is at his waistband". Like, cmon son. Not only that, but the people who "know way more about what happened" only know what Zimmerman fucking told them. If they know so much, why are they being proven to have done a completely botched up investigation? Why did the guy who killed a KID not get even fucking breathalized? Didn't get drug tested? Word? Pretty sure if you have a concealed carry, you can't be under the influence of any substances. But fuck it. He said it was self defense, right??? Right??? Why didn't he mention who he was on the 911 call? Why didn't he tell them that he was the guy who had called them a million times the past year? Why didn't he mention that he was the "leader" of this neighborhood watch? Why didn't he just sit back like the operator said to do? The operator asked where he would be, and he told them to have the police call him when they get there. Its all just sketchy. There's a reason why there are police, and why you're told to sit back until they show up. This guy with his violent past didn't even get tested for toxins? Word???

What I'm pissed off the most about was how fucking retardedly the police has handled their investigation. Just a complete fucking botch-up.

And I got this from another forum. Don't know how accurate it is, but it makes decent points it seems, and it sounds pretty legit when you look at it and listen to Zimmerman's 911 call.

[quote]

[img]http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc460/RexTalionis/Map.jpg[/img]

[color=#4E565E]George Zimmerman initially called the police and reported that he spotted a suspicious person (Trayvon Martin) at 1111 Retreat View Circle (point A on the map), where he reported that Trayvon Martin started running and that he was following.[/color]

[color=#4E565E]The police were eventually called to 2381 Retreat View Circle (point B on the map). The body was found at the point between 1210 Twin Trees and 2381 Retreat View Circle (labeled C with green circle) on map.[/color]

[color=#4E565E]So, Zimmerman practically chased Martin across the entire development prior to the encounter. The area that Zimmerman claimed that he was ambushed at when he was walking back to his car was essentially a flat townhouse yard with no features except a few trees and with no real places to hide a person who is 6'2" (see area C).[/color]

[color=#4E565E]Also, George Zimmerman claimed that he stepped out of the truck to check the street name and he was attacked from behind when walking back to the truck. That doesn't explain why Zimmerman was in the area between Twin Trees and Retreat View Circle (area C) where they don't typically put street signs. He walked a long way to nowhere to check a street sign where no street signs existed.[/color]

[color=#4E565E]Also, the man lived in the community, claimed to be neighborhood watch and ran patrols, but didn't know the name of the street in the development community? Especially as, seeing on the map, it looks like there were only three or four streets in the entire community itself?[/color]

[/quote]

[url="http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/28/elderly-couple-forced-out-home-after-tweet-claims-killer-trayvon-miller-lives/"]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/28/elderly-couple-forced-out-home-after-tweet-claims-killer-trayvon-miller-lives/[/url]
[color=#000000][left][size=4]
SANFORD, Fla – An elderly Florida couple have been forced to move into a hotel after their home address was wrongly tweeted as belonging to the man who shot teen Trayvon Martin.[/size]
[size=4]
The tweets were traced back to a man in California and the address was also reportedly retweeted by director [url="http://www.foxnews.com/topics/directors/spike-lee.htm#r_src=ramp"]Spike Lee[/url] to his almost 250,000 followers.[/size]
[size=4]
The couple, aged 70 and 72, have been harassed with hate mail, been hassled by media and had scared neighbors questioning them since the tweet, their son Chip Humble told the Orlando Sentinel.[/size]
[size=4]
Fearful for their safety, and hoping to escape the spotlight, the couple have temporarily moved to a hotel.[/size]
[size=4]
The confusion seems to stem from the fact the woman's son is named William George Zimmerman and he lived briefly at the address in 1995.[/size]
[size=4]
When William Zimmerman pleaded with the man who tweeted the address, the man responded, "Black power all day. No justice, no peace" along with an obscenity.[/size]
[size=4]
Neighborhood Watch volunteer George Zimmerman shot and killed Martin in a Sanford gated community on Feb. 26, with emotions and anger running at fever pitch while he remains free.[/size]

[/left][/color][/left]

All I have to say is this. Mr Zimmerman, a man with a violent history, carrying a gun, something you are not supposed to have on neighborhood watch, followed a young man, which he was told by law enforcement not to do, and shot the young man who had a history of being a high school student. He subsequently claimed self defense under the stand your ground law, but his claim was considered not credible by the homicide detective who initially talked to him. The young man, Mr Martin was allowed to sit in the morgue for three days by the police department with a cell phone than rang multiple times as he was called by family trying to find him. Mr Zimmerman to this point has never been arrested or charged with anything. Now, if this was YOUR CHILD how would you feel?

After review, he was in the morgue for 24 hours. But his family did call him multiple times trying to find him.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1332963943' post='1113211']
All I have to say is this. Mr Zimmerman, a man with a violent history, carrying a gun, something you are not supposed to have on neighborhood watch, followed a young man, which he was told by law enforcement not to do, and shot the young man who had a history of being a high school student. He subsequently claimed self defense under the stand your ground law, but his claim was considered not credible by the homicide detective who initially talked to him. The young man, Mr Martin was allowed to sit in the morgue for three days by the police department with a cell phone than rang multiple times as he was called by family trying to find him. Mr Zimmerman to this point has never been arrested or charged with anything. Now, if this was YOUR CHILD how would you feel?
[/quote]

I believe the 3 days thing is incorrect and he was identified by the family the next morning when they called police to report him missing. You write this like you're laying out the facts, but it's clearly soaked in bias.

I don't get a couple things:

One, if Trayvon KNEW that Zimmerman had a gun, why on Earth would he attack him?

Two, I read somewhere (and I'll have to dig up a cite if you ask for it) that Trayvon's Dad listened to the 911 recording and on record stated that it wasn't his son calling for help...it was Zimmerman, as he was being attacked by Trayvon. Then his Dad later recanted that testimony and said it was his son's voice after all.

This is a tragedy. Even if the kid was a thug like some claim, Zimmerman should not have followed him (as instructed not to do by 911) and he certainly shouldn't have shot him. Even if he was attacked by Trayvon first, it sounds like Zimmerman initiated the conflict with his actions prior to that.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1332966057' post='1113225']

I believe the 3 days thing is incorrect and he was identified by the family the next morning when they called police to report him missing. You write this like you're laying out the facts[b], but it's clearly soaked in bias.[/b]
[/quote]

Sue me. He can be glad it wasn't my son, I would have already hunted that bastard down.

Archived