Macs Can Get Viruses?

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1335544526' post='1123739']
mac users ahve time to order long winded drinks and sip them slowly because they arent wasting 56% of their day fixing PC problems
[/quote]

word....

although I actually don't mind my Windows machine....

[quote name='Montana Bengal' timestamp='1335544061' post='1123733']

I'm actually pushing for a Mac at work. My dell is from 2004 and runs like crap. I tend to be the person in the office that has to deal with all the IT issues....I'm just at the point where I don't want to have to mess with fixing machines anymore.

And why the fuck do you know anything about "Austrian goat milk double-half-caf-half-decaf-soy milk cappuccino - extra hot - with a dash of Madagascar cinnamon-and half tablespoon of caramel-latte-frappa-mocha?" With that description, it sounds like you've been ordering this drink regularly. Self loathing?

How little do you know about me. I drink organic free-trade coffee (mint mocha) from a recycled Prego jar or only the best Rooibos tea. :-)
[/quote]

:lol:

I googeled most pretentious starbucks drink.

[quote]
Apple TV set chatter heats up with rumored content talks
Apple's rumored to have been in talks with content provider EPIX to bring content to the Apple TV and potentially even its TV set.

[/quote][url="http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57423421-37/apple-tv-set-chatter-heats-up-with-rumored-content-talks/"]http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57423421-37/apple-tv-set-chatter-heats-up-with-rumored-content-talks/[/url]

[quote name='fluhartz' timestamp='1335544881' post='1123750']

word....

although I actually don't mind my Windows machine....
[/quote]

i was always happy with my windows too, just happIER with the mac. when my wife needed her own hassle free powerful machine for picture editing and stuff for her photography it just made since to switch everything over... its been pleasant all around..

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1335570452' post='1124230']

i was always happy with my windows too, just happIER with the mac. when my wife needed her own hassle free powerful machine for picture editing and stuff for her photography it just made since to switch everything over... its been pleasant all around..
[/quote]

oh I agree... My MBP has changed me....for real.. I love this thing...
I just have to use windows every day at work and at home(for work).. I was just saying that my PC at home is a pretty good machine and runs really well(I am careful), just not like the MAC.... next buy will probably be a Mac desktop and I will put windows on it(I need it for work).....

[quote name='fluhartz' timestamp='1335578725' post='1124853']

I just have to use windows every day at work and at home(for work).. I was just saying that my PC at home is a pretty good machine and runs really well(I am careful), just not like the MAC.... next buy will probably be a Mac desktop and I will put windows on it(I need it for work).....
[/quote]

that makes sense... thank goodness my work is moving to all web based systems for everything i deal with.. not that i EVER work from home except occasional email.

[quote name='fluhartz' timestamp='1335578725' post='1124853']

I just have to use windows every day at work and at home(for work).. I was just saying that my PC at home is a pretty good machine and runs really well(I am careful), just not like the MAC....[b] next buy will probably be a Mac desktop and I will put windows on it(I need it for work[/b]).....
[/quote]

Dude, virtualize that shit; you can even do it for free with Virtual Box. Well, free except for the Windows license.

Unless you know someone in the industry who can supply you with one... :whistle:

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1335583828' post='1125272']

Dude, virtualize that shit; you can even do it for free with Virtual Box. Well, free except for the Windows license.

Unless you know someone in the industry who can supply you with one... :whistle:
[/quote]

yea I know and that is what I plan on doing..... It will be down the road, I will continue to use my Dell for work...
I am keeping my MBP windows free.....lol

when I do get a desktop and want windows, I will try to find someone who can supply it for me... :D

Montana. What kind of things can you do with a hacked atv2? I haven't tried it because it didn't seem very worth it. I just convert all my videos I download with handbrake and haven't ran into any problems yet. I might just not know the advantages to jailbreaking this though.

I don't have hulu+ but don't have any need because I can find whatever I want online and convert it. It would be nice to be able to do amazon prime videos though b/c I have a subscription to it.

Go, as far as the roku 2, while it is nice b/c it plays amazon and hulu and has a crap load of apps, my parents have that and I play with it all the time. The interface and how it works in general is annoying compared to the apple tv. The 1080 is great and the apps are great but I think I still prefer atv2.

Archived