!!!THE 1ST ROUND OF THE 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD!!!

Well, it's finally here! All the debates and speculations will be put to an end in a few hours.

Just try and remember, no matter how much you had your heart set on a certain player,
try and give whatever player the Bengals pick a chance to prove himself on the field before "hating" the pick.
This team is a Playoff team adding young talent. And there are only a couple of positions that actually
don't have a starter (named) at the moment. It's not just about this season.

I am hoping for Michael Floyd and Doug Martin. I don't care what people say about "reaching".
Martin would touch the ball more than any other player they would draft at #21. And I think he
will be a stud in the future. But I will be "happy" with whoever we get. And am just glad that we
are getting closer to the season starting up again.

With that said, I am sure there will be a few meltdowns. Kind of looking forward to them. ^_^

There will be separate threads made for the Bengals picks. And separate threads for the other days (rounds).

Hopefully tonight the Bengals add pieces that turn them into a Dynasty!

[size=8][b][color=#ff8c00]WHO[/color]-DEY!!![/b][/size]

[img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2104/buttheadmd4.gif[/img][img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3747/beavisps5.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1335447760' post='1121882']
Little early, isn't it?

:)

Can't wait!
[/quote]

Well, it is TODAY. And I saw no reason to wait til the last minute.
I figured others were as pumped as I am. Hell, I actually waited a
couple of hours from when I first started to post this thread. :15:

I can't wait either. I'm glad the Reds are playing a day game so that will help pass some time.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1335446695' post='1121861']
I am hoping for Michael Floyd and Doug Martin. I don't care what people say about "reaching".
Martin would touch the ball more than any other player they would draft at #21. And I think he
will be a stud in the future. But I will be "happy" with whoever we get. And am just glad that we
are getting closer to the season starting up again.
[/quote]

I am with you 100% on this one. I would be too giddy (probably drunk too) to even sleep tonight if that happened.

A lot of chatter about the Bucs wanting to move up to #3 and draft Trent Richardson.
I sure hope so. If we don't get him, I sure as hell don't want to see him twice a year.

I also have been reading the Browns have their hearts set on Richardson or Claiborne.

Floyd is a stud. My only concern with him is that its going to be extremely difficult to keep both him and Green after their first contracts. You can certainly keep one, but can you commit $25 million (maybe more) per year to 2 WR's 5 years from now?

as fans, that's not something we need to worry about now (or even then), but I'm sure its something teams think about.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1335448910' post='1121901']
A lot of chatter about the Bucs wanting to move up to #3 and draft Trent Richardson.
I sure hope so. If we don't get him, I sure as hell don't want to see him twice a year.

I also have been reading the Browns have their hearts set on Richardson or Claiborne.
[/quote]
I would be so fucking happy if the Browns get screwed over by the Bucs trading up for Richardson. Then subsequently screwing themselves further by drafting a corner!!!

Defense wins championships and O line moves the Ball.

Decastro at 17 and defensive BPA will make me happy, unless Floyd is there at 21.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1335449288' post='1121909']
I would be so fucking happy if the Browns get screwed over by the Bucs trading up for Richardson. Then subsequently screwing themselves further by drafting a corner!!!
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but Haden and Honey Badger sound scary to me.

If i were a browns fan though, i'm hoping for RIchardson at #4, a WR at #22 and Jenoris Jenkins at the top of the 2nd rd, i'm sure Haden would make sure he stays in line.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1335449406' post='1121911']

Decastro at 17 and defensive BPA will make me happy.

If i were a browns fan though, i'm hoping for RIchardson at #4, a WR at #22 and Jenoris Jenkins at the top of the 2nd rd, i'm sure Haden would make sure he stays in line.
[/quote]
Claiborne isn't the Honey Badger!

The Browns had the #1 pass defense in the NFL last season and are picking 4th. I would LOVE if they neglected their horrible offense again!

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1335449406' post='1121911']

Decastro at 17 and defensive BPA will make me happy.

[/quote]

Claiborne is not Honey Badger

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335449244' post='1121908']
Floyd is a stud. My only concern with him is that its going to be extremely difficult to keep both him and Green after their first contracts. You can certainly keep one, but can you commit $25 million (maybe more) per year to 2 WR's 5 years from now?

as fans, that's not something we need to worry about now (or even then), but I'm sure its something teams think about.
[/quote]

I think the bigger concern would be if with those two in the next 5 years they didn't make a run at the Super Bowl. Much like the Cardinals with Boldin I'd be comfortable with those two for 5 years signing the more valuable option and moving on from the other via trade, filling the gap left with either another draft selection or FA. Why does it have to be a just straight up loss of one of them there are other options as the contracts would start to run out. Floyd is a beast and that duo would just be unfair for however many years they would be together.

Floyd is #1 on my list (admitted ND fan).

[b]WHERE:[/b]
Television: NFL Network, ESPN
Radio: ESPN Radio, SiriusXM Ch. 88

[b]WHEN:[/b]
Thursday: Round 1, 8 p.m.
Friday: Rounds 2-3, 7 p.m.
Saturday: Rounds 4-7, noon

[b]Note: [/b]There is 10 minutes given to each first-round pick. Teams are given seven minutes for second-round picks. There is five minutes given for picks in rounds three through seven.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335449244' post='1121908']

[/quote]

You know what.... I'l take 5 years of fun to watch, exciting football if it means losing one of them after that. For now, forget the possibility of increased salary caps, one of them taking a contract and the other being franchised a couple years, etc... Ignore all that and give me the best damn players you can get so we can look forward to watching the games.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1335449288' post='1121909']
[/quote]

the icing on that cake would be us drafting doug martin with our #21 pick, which isn't looking like the reach many thought it would be.

[quote name='BBR' timestamp='1335450877' post='1121926']

You know what.... I'l take 5 years of fun to watch, exciting football if it means losing one of them after that. For now, forget the possibility of increased salary caps, one of them taking a contract and the other being franchised a couple years, etc... Ignore all that and give me the best damn players you can get so we can look forward to watching the games.
[/quote]

See Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin.

Problem Solved.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1335453034' post='1121952']

See Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin.

Problem Solved.
[/quote]

not even comparable. Heck, AJ Green is making more this year than Maclin is and maclin's on his 2nd contract.

Jackson and Maclin also aren't anywhere near Green and Floyd's level as receivers.

These next two years with the extra high round picks we have are as imporant as I can remember in Bengals draft history, I really believe if we can do well with them we have a real shot at putting together a team that will win year in and year out and be in the playoffs multiple years in a row and have a good shot at a superbowl.

Lets hope for the best.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1335454059' post='1121962']
These next two years with the extra high round picks we have are as imporant as I can remember in Bengals draft history, I really believe if we can do well with them we have a real shot at putting together a team that will win year in and year out and be in the playoffs multiple years in a row and have a good shot at a superbowl.

Lets hope for the best.
[/quote]
Agreed. That's one reason why I almost want to just stick with the high character, completely no risk (in that area) guys. If you nail these 3 picks this year and the 3 next year... you're golden for the next 5-6-7 years as long as you resign your own. We could be completely STACKED on offense and defense.

Archived