!!!THE 1ST ROUND OF THE 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD!!!

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1335506489' post='1123449']
Yeah, but we have plenty of Tackle backups. We don't have a single Center backup on the team. Paul Anderson said it in his interview, "Who's going to backup our Center?" So while Glenn may have had some Tackle versatility, our more pressing need was for a RG who had Center versatility. [b] FWIW, Alexander also thinks he'd project to a "top level" pro center...[/b]
[/quote]

yea said if it weren't for knoz, the coaches at wisconsin said he probably would have been their starting center.

All things considered, it was a workmanlike/reasoned 1st Round for us.

Dre should develop into a fairly decent CB...maybe even very good. I remember some folks had a lot of the same concerns about JJoe back when he was drafted. He was the best that was left...and not a reach by any stretch.

I would have rather had DDC...but I figure the Stealers would have taken Zeitler if we didn't, so maybe the debate about which guard will ultimately be better for their team will be decided at a later date. The extra 3rd is nice..hopefully it will turn into a very good player for us too.

Not jumping up and down...but not downcast either. Good picks...good football players. It's all you can ask for.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1335534648' post='1123568']
All things considered, it was a workmanlike/reasoned 1st Round for us.

Dre should develop into a fairly decent CB...maybe even very good. I remember some folks had a lot of the same concerns about JJoe back when he was drafted. He was the best that was left...and not a reach by any stretch.

I would have rather had DDC...but I figure the Stealers would have taken Zeitler if we didn't, so maybe the debate about which guard will ultimately be better for their team will be decided at a later date. The extra 3rd is nice..hopefully it will turn into a very good player for us too.

Not jumping up and down...but not downcast either. Good picks...good football players. It's all you can ask for.
[/quote]

one things for sure is you can't ask for a better situation for kirkpatrick to come into.

He'll be able learn from Hall, Clements, and Newman.

funny that, no matter what they do, the patriots are winners day 1 in the media eyes.

I actually like what they did this year, but don't think its a slam dunk. I don't know that Chandler Jones fits a 3-4. Hightower was a good pick.

The media is also overlooking that the patriots only have 2 picks left (granted both 2nd rounders)

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335535888' post='1123598']
funny that, no matter what they do, the patriots are winners day 1 in the media eyes.

I actually like what they did this year, but don't think its a slam dunk. I don't know that Chandler Jones fits a 3-4. Hightower was a good pick.

The media is also overlooking that the patriots only have 2 picks left (granted both 2nd rounders)
[/quote]
patriots run a 4-3 now

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1335536019' post='1123602']
patriots run a 4-3 now
[/quote]

thought i heard that was just for last year due to injuries/depth and that they are still going to run a lot of 3-4. When they signed fanene they talked about him being a 3-4 end.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335534992' post='1123578']

one things for sure is you can't ask for a better situation for kirkpatrick to come into.

[/quote]
Yes, and you could argue that Clements and Newman, at least, had very similar skill sets coming out.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1335541473' post='1123704']

I never really bought into all that, just seemed like a smokescreen.
[/quote]

I think they have legit interest in him, its just that the level of interest has probably been wildy misrepresented.

I hope they get him somewhere in the 2nd.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335541696' post='1123706']

I think they have legit interest in him, its just that the level of interest has probably been wildy misrepresented.

I hope they get him somewhere in the 2nd.
[/quote]

Should have been more clear. I never bought into it as a first round pick.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335541696' post='1123706']

I hope they get him somewhere in the 2nd.[/quote]

I'd rather they get the best guy available at WR or RB.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335534992' post='1123578']

[/quote]

One guy kind of lost in the shuffle is Allen. One of the reasons he came here was because he was told he would be at CB and left there. Now, he might help us most at safety. Well, if you're gonna have a suplus, CB is a great place to have it.

Archived