!!!!!WITH THE 27TH PICK THE BENGALS SELECT RG KEVIN ZEITLER!!!!!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335497235' post='1123264']

I thought he said not quite the puller, but I may have heard wrong. I've seen zeitler on tape pull and he's pretty good. not decastro level, but better than most guard prospects you see.

Alexander also talked about how smart he is. Said he might have had the highest wonderlic score in the entire draft.
[/quote]

Hopefully the video's will be up on bengals.com, but I thought he said as good. And Lapham jizzed his pants..... :)

[b] OL Zeitler badly needed at RG[/b]
[url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/CIN"][img]http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nfl/logos/50x50/CIN.png[/img][/url] [b]1 minute ago[/b] - by Paul Dehner Jr.
[size=1]
[/size]
Wisconsin OL Kevin Zeitler, selected No. 27 overall by the Bengals, will be given every opportunity to start at a RG position badly in need of help. An added aspect to his contribution is he'll play backup C on a line previously without one. "He has great versatility," Marvin Lewis said. "When you put the tape on he really stands out." [size=1]
[/size]
[url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/CIN"]Cincinnati Bengals RapidReports[/url] | [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports"]All National Football League RapidReports[/url]

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335497434' post='1123274']

Hopefully the video's will be up on bengals.com, but I thought he said as good. And Lapham jizzed his pants..... :)
[/quote]

he probably did. I'm extreme multitasking right now between tv, twitter, radio, here, and a chat room. :lol:

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335497434' post='1123274']

[/quote]

A lot of the highlight tape shows him pulling on the goal line to the other guard slot and burying people.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1335497799' post='1123291']
I would have rather they just taken DDC (and I hate that he's a steeler now) but I guess will see what they do with that extra 3rd, but they did address two major needs. Now if they take a WR and RB in 2 and 3, Ill be happy.
[/quote]

I may have heard things incorrectly, but from the sounds of Marvin and Paul, Zeitler was rated higher than Decastro on their board. FWIW....

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1335497799' post='1123291']
I would have rather they just taken DDC (and I hate that he's a steeler now) but I guess will see what they do with that extra 3rd, but they did address two major needs. Now if they take a WR and RB in 2 and 3, Ill be happy.
[/quote]

we NEVER ever wanted decastro. it wasnt happening.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335498069' post='1123298']

I may have heard things incorrectly, but from the sounds of Marvin and Paul, Zeitler was rated higher than Decastro on their board. FWIW....[/quote]

I think they had him rated higher because of his ability to play C. DDC really was only a G, and Glenn was more a G/T. The two year Collins deal locked up T, and there really wasn't a backup C.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' timestamp='1335498317' post='1123312']

we NEVER ever wanted decastro. it wasnt happening.
[/quote]
[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1335498551' post='1123321']

agreed
[/quote]

Nothing specific I can point to, but I got that since as well. With all the focus on DDC and Glenn amongst us fans, I truly believed we would not choose either. Then I started reading more and more about Zeitler being the top guard with DDC over the last couple of days. I think it is obvious, the Bengals wanted Zeitler over Decastro.

[quote name='CougarQuest' timestamp='1335499383' post='1123346']
He has NEVER given up a sack.
[/quote]

Didn't Whit have a stat like that?

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1335499427' post='1123349']
i just hope this draft isn't a remake of 2004, when we traded back for a different rb instead of one of who is still in the nfl kicking ass, just to draft bj askew.

#93, be the best #93 pick in the draft ever please.
[/quote]

It was Geathers.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1335499427' post='1123349']
i just hope this draft isn't a remake of 2004, when we traded back for a different rb instead of one of who is still in the nfl kicking ass, just to draft bj askew.

#93, be the best #93 pick in the draft ever please.
[/quote]

Even if we didnt trade, we werent gonna draft DDC.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335498879' post='1123333']

Nothing specific I can point to, but I got that since as well. With all the focus on DDC and Glenn amongst us fans, I truly believed we would not choose either. Then I started reading more and more about Zeitler being the top guard with DDC over the last couple of days. I think it is obvious, the Bengals wanted Zeitler over Decastro.
[/quote]
[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335498879' post='1123333']

[/quote]
I am curious about what,if any, part did Jim McNally play in the Zeitler pick. McNally was a truly great O-line coach and really knows his uglies.

[quote name='blueridge' timestamp='1335499875' post='1123361']
I am curious about what,if any, part did Jim McNally play in the Zeitler pick. McNally was a truly great O-line coach and really knows his uglies.
[/quote]

Marvin says no part. He's here to work him and the others up.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335498069' post='1123298']

I may have heard things incorrectly, but from the sounds of Marvin and Paul, Zeitler was rated higher than Decastro on their board. FWIW....
[/quote]

you do understand they're going to say that, no matter what, right? that's what they're hired to do as spokesmen for the organization. the key here is we picked up the #93 pick to boot. now, we have to make certain it was worth our while.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1335499944' post='1123366']

you do understand they're going to say that, no matter what, right? that's what they're hired to do as spokesmen for the organization. the key here is we picked up the #93 pick to boot. now, we have to make certain it was worth our while.
[/quote]

Yes. And they passed him over 2x. So obviously they didn't think as highly of him as some of you do. You do understand that as well, right?

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335500348' post='1123377']

Yes. And they passed him over 2x. So obviously they didn't think as highly of him as some of you do. You do understand that as well, right?
[/quote]

didn't have him in for a visit, did they?

Archived