!!!!!WITH THE 191ST PICK THE BENGALS SELECT Dan "Boom" Herron!!!!!

[quote name='VonBlade' timestamp='1335649634' post='1126459']Firstly, damn that line sucks.
Secondly, once he figured out that he had nothing between the tackles, the outside stuff picked up hugely as the game went on.
Thirdly, who drafted the #44 FB? Boy was punishing the LBs.[/quote]

You mean Zach Boren? Still at tOSU.

[quote name='BronxBengal' timestamp='1335648215' post='1126436']
Here comes the OSU homers on this pick. This guy totally blows. This is a wasted pick.
[/quote]

way to show your ass! it's a 6th round pick, dummy. what the hell were you expecting at pick 191? how about having some faith in a coaching staff that put together a helluva draft aside from this one that chaps your bronx ass?

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1335649136' post='1126450']
Well, my die hard Buckeye friend said he predicts Herron won't make the team. :(

I've yet to watch him.
[/quote]

It happens. I think it's a pretty safe bet that all 10 from our draft class won't make the team.

[quote name='VonBlade' timestamp='1335649902' post='1126462']
Yeah. Thanks Jason. He was impressive in both those videos. Shame FBs aren't valued any more.
[/quote]

He's gonna be drafted high (for a FB) next year though.

This guy reminds me of a younger Terrell Davis who was also taken in the 6th round. Same weight, speed, etc... Has to be better than anything that came out of UofC this year... Mark my words, he will be better than Pead this year, even if it is on special teams.

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1335647219' post='1126412']
From watching that Wisconsin video here are my observations:

1) OSU can't block worth shit.

2) See #1

3) Boom seems to add one too many moves into his running. He makes some nice wiggles and cuts, but then often loses the extra five yards he could have by trying to keep cutting instead of finishing by plunging forward for the five extra yards.
[/quote]

Not to mention the fact that our pass offense was so horrible that everyone knew we were going to run the ball....

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1335649602' post='1126458']
Who is he most like on the Bengals RB roster?
[/quote]

I'm not sure he compares to any of the current backs on the roster actually.

I think a decent comparison would be a better Mike Hart (and a little bigger as well)

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1335649596' post='1126457']
[b]Can't believe we lost out on Marvin McNutt for this boom boom shit.[/b]
[/quote]

Don't blame Boom, blame Marvin Jones. We weren't going to draft 3 WRs.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1335651805' post='1126482']
This guy reminds me of a younger Terrell Davis who was also taken in the 6th round. Same weight, speed, etc... Has to be better than anything that came out of[b] UofC [/b]this year... Mark my words, he will be better than Pead this year, even if it is on special teams.
[/quote]
I agree, ...he's got to be better than anything coming out of the University of Chicago.

...or did you mean the University of Calgary?

(please tell me you don't live in Cincinnati)

Boom is a good back. The blocking he's gotten at OSU has been crape. Tressel let that offensive line turn to shit the last few years. Boom didn't get nearly the help Beanie got. And last season, every time Boom lined up the other team knew he was getting the ball since the rest of the Buckeyes offends was crap. Give him some blocks and he will produce.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1335651805' post='1126482']
This guy reminds me of a younger Terrell Davis who was also taken in the 6th round. Same weight, speed, etc... Has to be better than anything that came out of UofC this year... Mark my words, he will be better than Pead this year, even if it is on special teams.
[/quote]

Love you bro, but comments like this is why I hate tOSU fans. Hell I went to Ohio State for 2 years before I transferred to UC. Loved them for years and was one of the reasons I wanted go to OSU, but the fans turned me away...

Certainly no Buckeye homer here (even though it is hometown)...but I did enjoy watching Boom during his time. Always seemed to either make things happen, or make the threat. Noticed defenses seemed to pay a lot of attention to him. It will be interesting to see how he performs at this level.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335653405' post='1126503']

Love you bro, but comments like this is why I hate tOSU fans. Hell I went to Ohio State for 2 years before I transferred to UC. Loved them for years and was one of the reasons I wanted go to OSU, but the fans turned me away...
[/quote]
moi aussi. Except the OSU and UC part.

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1335649596' post='1126457']
[b]Can't believe we lost out on Marvin McNutt for this boom boom shit.[/b]
[/quote]
[quote]But the Bengals practiced what they preached and since Herron was their highest-graded player at that point, they took him[/quote]

[quote name='bengalbutch' timestamp='1335656827' post='1126559']
[/quote]
[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1335651904' post='1126486']

Don't blame Boom, blame Marvin Jones. We weren't going to draft 3 WRs.
[/quote]

Blame The BJ Curse. McNutt was a lock until he started touting him.

I imagine his card on the big board burst into flames when that happened.

[b]21 (191) Cincinnati Bengals: [/b][color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]RB Dan "Boom" Herron, Ohio State[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]A local product, Herron showed better as a junior, as his senior season was affected by suspension. Came on late and has size and run skill to stick on the depth chart.[/size][/font][/color]

[url="http://cache.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/28/pick-by-pick-analysis-round-six-2"]http://cache.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/28/pick-by-pick-analysis-round-six-2[/url]

Archived