Music Downloads

im not a big fan of sites that make you download individual songs, im more of an album kinda guy, albumhunt used to be one, but its changed names a few times. i think.

i use torrents as its the fastest way to get albums and even discographies of artists.. i know thats what you DidNT ask for, but i have found it the easiest, search for everything in one search box rather than scour many sites for songs or what i am looking for. torrent with vuze lets you search 10 or so torrent sites at once, essentially searching 10's of thousands of users collections they are sharing... quite effective

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1337133136' post='1130869']
Which sites do you have Vuze searching? I just installed it and it only searches subscriptions, Vuze and Mininova.
[/quote]

pirate bay, and a few others i cant remember, whenever i first set it up it listed a bunch and i just check boxed the ones that were there..

found it, extra torrent, kickass torrents, mininova, vuze...

under the list it says "add/edit".. which you can import more... which i have never done.. it just had those in there already... might hit up the user forums and see what they have on it...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1338177440' post='1132847']
not really... u just stop sharing as soon its its done, toss it in itunes, and delete the torrent and files from computer..
[/quote]

Yeah, you usually get nailed for sharing, not downloading.

Usually... :unsure:

I've had 2 warnings from my isp, and they threatened that a third would result in losing their service for life. Needless to say, I stopped using torrents. Now I use usenet. Yes it costs about 10-15 a month but the download speeds are no comparison and there are little to no repercussions because you are downloading everything, no uploading. Uploading is where you get in all the trouble.

For those interested, just google usenet and set it up. I use newshosting.com as the server and they have been great so far. I only have a 10 Mbps connection but it maxes it out consistantly and if I had 50, it would max that out too. It is seriously much better than torrents.

sounds like you werent stopping the uploading after they were done. i got a warning from time warner about 7 years ago because i would start a bunch of torrents overnight and theyd finish and upload 10X over the night... so i typically just download while im online and keep an eye on whats finishing.

if i ever run into problems with my ISP i would probably switch to usenet setup, but it hasnt been an issue with centurylink or comcast here.

i have come close to my 250GB limit each month. which they just raised to 350GB i think..

but i was purposly trying to see if i could hit it...

[quote name='bengalrick' timestamp='1338248475' post='1132913']
I've had 2 warnings from my isp, and they threatened that a third would result in losing their service for life. Needless to say, I stopped using torrents. Now I use usenet. Yes it costs about 10-15 a month but the download speeds are no comparison and there are little to no repercussions because you are downloading everything, no uploading. Uploading is where you get in all the trouble.

For those interested, just google usenet and set it up. I use newshosting.com as the server and they have been great so far. I only have a 10 Mbps connection but it maxes it out consistantly and if I had 50, it would max that out too. It is seriously much better than torrents.
[/quote]

ditto completely

the warnings form my ISP combined with crazy slow downloads were enough to convince me to try usenet and i never looked back

im pretty sure i read that no one to date has ever been charged or sued for downloading content from usenet...also viruses are few and far between

Archived