Assassins Creed 3

[quote name='ickeyshuffler' timestamp='1337223914' post='1131080']
I pre paid for it the first day of the NCAA tourny. They showed a commercial and i had to have it. Never played the game before, but the revolutionary war game sounds great. Got a limited edition tin collectors edition case
[/quote]

Skip AC1, but grab AC2. Should be cheap as all hell by now, but its still a fantastic game.

I played through probably 75% of the first game and lost interest. I'm so picky on my games anymore. The gameplay and storyline has to be superb or I'm out. Skyrim hit the spot and I love football so Madden of course. I can't remember the last game before Skyrim that had a decent storyline and good gameplay. Bioshock 1? Gears of War 1 & 2?

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1337223833' post='1131078']
Hell yeah. And finally a true sequel to AC2. Revelations and Brotherhood were underwhelming as fuck, and the engine was beginning to show its age. This game looks fantastic.
[/quote]

I liked them if only to follow the storyline but I can see that.

[quote name='ickeyshuffler' timestamp='1337223914' post='1131080']
I pre paid for it the first day of the NCAA tourny. They showed a commercial and i had to have it. Never played the game before, but the revolutionary war game sounds great. Got a limited edition tin collectors edition case
[/quote]

AC1 is very repetitive, but the story is damned good and makes you want to keep playing it.

Yeah I'm pretty stoked they set this one in the RW period as well.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1337224055' post='1131083']
I played through probably 75% of the first game and lost interest. I'm so picky on my games anymore. The gameplay and storyline has to be superb or I'm out. Skyrim hit the spot and I love football so Madden of course. I can't remember the last game before Skyrim that had a decent storyline and good gameplay. Bioshock 1? Gears of War 1 & 2?
[/quote]

To each his own I guess, but the story in gears was mediorcre imo, AC has a good story but the game play in the first was pretty repetitive so I can see why you quit it, AC2 was damned good for both though. The best games ever though in my opinion for both story and gameplay is Mass Effect.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1337224055' post='1131083']
[/quote]

You like story? Buy The Witcher 2. Its a RPG like Skyrim, but its not so open. You've got missions and the what not, but its more streamlined. But its got one of the best stories I've ever seen in a game. The combat system is fluid and kinda reminds me of the Batman: Arkham games. TRY DAT SHIT

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1337255630' post='1131110']
To each his own I guess, but the story in gears was mediorcre imo, AC has a good story but the game play in the first was pretty repetitive so I can see why you quit it, AC2 was damned good for both though. The best games ever though in my opinion for both story and gameplay is Mass Effect.
[/quote]

Maybe something is wrong with me. I didn't like ME either. I made it a couple hours into the first one and quit. I was really into Halo at the time though so maybe that was why. AC was very repetitive... and that is why I quit.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1337317269' post='1131319']
You like story? Buy The Witcher 2. Its a RPG like Skyrim, but its not so open. You've got missions and the what not, but its more streamlined. But its got one of the best stories I've ever seen in a game. The combat system is fluid and kinda reminds me of the Batman: Arkham games. TRY DAT SHIT
[/quote]

Streamlined? Like Fable? Fable is so streamlined it kills me. I played the third one all the way through, but towards the end I was hating not being able to "go anywhere" like Skyrim. Isn't Batman a hack 'n slash? Like the Star Wars games??? I played one of the Star Wars too... I was tired of pressing X X X Y or whatever and killing everything pretty easy. That's what Batman seems like it will be to me.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1337371399' post='1131458']
Maybe something is wrong with me. I didn't like ME either. I made it a couple hours into the first one and quit. I was really into Halo at the time though so maybe that was why. AC was very repetitive... and that is why I quit.

Streamlined? Like Fable? Fable is so streamlined it kills me. I played the third one all the way through, but towards the end I was hating not being able to "go anywhere" like Skyrim. Isn't Batman a hack 'n slash? Like the Star Wars games??? I played one of the Star Wars too... I was tired of pressing X X X Y or whatever and killing everything pretty easy. That's what Batman seems like it will be to me.
[/quote]

Wow. So you haven't played the Batman games either? Well, Batman: Arkham City is one of the best games that came out last year. It is seriously fantastic. Its nothing like Star Wars. Half of the game is spent being stealthy, fast, and badass and trying to take down groups of people without getting taken out by machine gun fire (which happens surpisingly often). Its not a hack n slash at all. You have to be careful about what you do. You have to...be Batman. Batman isn't bulletproof. He's a guy in a nice suit. It is at the complete opposite end of the action genre from "hack n' slash".

Anyways, The Witcher 2 still offers you choice in what order you go. You can still explore quite a bit and uncover other quests along the way. Fable fucking sucks. Don't compare it to that game at all. And it compares to Batman's combat in the sense that there isn't that much to the fighting. You have your weaker/faster attack and your stronger/slower attack. Your character is a Witcher and he carries one steel sword for human enemies, and a silver sword for monsters. There are also RPG elements during fighting though. You have magic that you can use, and you only have a certain amount of it. Like, one of the magics you can select sets down a trap on the ground so when an enemy comes over it they get stunned. Another one lets you take control of one of the enemies for a short amount of time and he attacks his teammates. Very interesting, different powers. There's like 6 of them. The combat is tough, though, for being so simple. You need to plan before you go into battle. You create a potion or potions and oils for your swords to buff your character or swords depending on what kind of battle you'll be going into. Its very strategic, but extremely fucking rewarding. I've never played a RPG that rewarding, honestly. Skyrim was fun, but the combat was never really challenging. This mixes up action in it so flawlessly while retaining a lot of the RPG elements.

The story is also extremely mature. There's no real black/white issues. You'll always continue on throughout the story and possibly regret something you did. And the huge thing, the story is 3 acts. Depending on what decision you make at the end of Act 1, your Act 2 could be two completely different stories/settings.

Just...check out this review.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlhYqSx18Tg[/media]

• 5 months later...
[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1352648363' post='1179360']
Fun game, the ending was....... i dont know how to explain without giving it away.
[/quote]

No worries on the ending, just trying to decide if I want this game or not. I'll have to get it for the PC though, I can't aim for shit on the console.

Archived