Tickets and parking question about GABP

RickyD

So I'm thinking about taking the wife and kids to the game fri eve,I've haven't been down for a game in a long time and was wondering how good the 4 for $48 seats are, or should I pay a little more and get better seats closer to the field.
The parking is another issue,I like to know exactly what I'm getting into when I go to places like this.Is there a parking garage that I can get right on 71 north again after the game without to much hassle? or is it just park and wait it out.
appreciate any advice that you got.

I actually like view level seats, but I always buy row A behind home plate (520-525) which you can't get in the 4 for 48 as they're owned by season ticket holders. I always buy off stubhub as you can usually get better seats at less than or equal to face price, but they don't have 4 for 48 with free hats which is a great deal if you're not as picky as me.

The 4 for 48 are good enough for the kids to be happy, plus you'll get some reds hats. I just don't like getting too high up in the view level as I think the quality goes down quickly... I easily pay $5 more for row A vs row F or so due to the view with no one in front. My least favorite seats are probably the field box seats. Outfield is ok if you want the chance of home run balls. Basically I like anything that's behind home plate. I enjoy Club seats if I can get them around $40 ($85 face) as you can get there early for the included dinner buffet and the seats are wide and padded. I wasn't blown away by diamond seats. Infield box and Scout seats are all nice, but overpriced in my opinion.

As for parking, I always park in the Chiquita parking garage. Taking 71 south, you get off the Gilbert exit, turn left on Sycamore, and it's on your right in about 2 blocks. $5 to park. when you leave, you exit back on to Sycamore and turn left on 5th street which takes you directly on to 71 north in 2 blocks. Very easy and never any traffic. The walk to the stadium takes 5-10 minutes directly south.

Also, when buying through the reds you can now select your own seats if you buy online and I believe it still works with the 4 for 48. Much better than having a computer decide what the best available seats are or letting the person behind the counter select.

Archived