Stupid Question

At the present time, yes it will be just fine as-is from a security standpoint. Mainly due to how strict Apple is with the applications they allow in the App Store and their vetting process. One would need to use caution if they jailbreak it and download apps from unverified sources.

And not a stupid question; I wish more people would stop to ask...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1337900890' post='1132425']
At the present time, yes it will be just fine as-is from a security standpoint. Mainly due to how strict Apple is with the applications they allow in the App Store and their vetting process. One would need to use caution if they jailbreak it and download apps from unverified sources.

And not a stupid question; I wish more people would stop to ask...
[/quote]

haha ok, thanks. Just wasn't sure if someone could use a wireless signal (mine or other) to get into it and corrupt it. This is my first foray into wireless internet.

On the bright side, the wireless router I bought an hour ago should have the capability of being 3 times as fast as my current one which after looking it up, was made in 1999 according to one link I saw. :lol: Heck, I've personally had it for 7 years and I borrowed it from my brother.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1337901418' post='1132427']
haha ok, thanks. Just wasn't sure if someone could use a wireless signal (mine or other) to get into it and corrupt it. This is my first foray into wireless internet.

On the bright side, the wireless router I bought an hour ago should have the capability of being 3 times as fast as my current one which after looking it up, was made in 1999 according to one link I saw. :lol: [b]Heck, I've personally had it for 7 years and I borrowed it from my brother.[/b]
[/quote]

Now you can give it back :)

Archived