Wiping a Mac with Lion installed

So I'm giving my old Pro to my girlfriend, because I just don't use it much (and so I can get a swanky new Air when I decide I 'need' to do more mobile computing). We are, in turn, going to wipe her MacBook with Leopard on it, and give it to her mother.

I know how to wipe the Leopard computer, but the Lion is a little tricky since it has no install disc... Anyone know how to do it?

I've googled some stuff, but it's either been about wiping pre-Lion computers, or told you that you can't (because the Lion is apparently non-transferable, they tell you to wipe it back to Leopard). Since it's staying in the family I don't see an EULA problem...

there are pretty basic easy instructions on making your own lion install disc, i have done it, basically download lion from the app store again, go to that file, hit "view pack contents" and copy them to a disc image... boom. good to go... you could also install

how old is the macbook? i had my boss bring in a black macbook intel processor and it wouldnt install lion, so i had to get snow leopard onto it.

and lastly, you could install snow leopard (not hard to find it you done have a disc) and then log into your app store account on that computer, and download lion and install

i have done both with success...

In the end, I held down option on restart. Lion had created a recovery partition. I used disk utilities in that partition to wipe the main partition, then told it to reinstall Lion. Worked like a charm.

Archived