Mexico Issues stamp of Black Stereotyped Character

Guest BlackJesus

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='steggyD' date='Jul 1 2005, 10:12 PM']OK, I'll get back to joking now. It's Friday, I should lighten up. Maybe some salvia, to send myself off to another time and place.
[right][post="109752"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Isn't salvia a type plant or something? What does it do?

Guest BlackJesus
[url="http://www2.b3ta.com/bukkake/"]http://www2.b3ta.com/bukkake/[/url]

[i][b]totally unrelated it is Friday note .....[/b][/i]

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jul 1 2005, 10:48 PM'][url="http://www2.b3ta.com/bukkake/"]http://www2.b3ta.com/bukkake/[/url]
[i][b]totally unrelated it is Friday note .....[/b][/i]
[right][post="109767"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

you sick man

Guest The Carson Show
[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Jul 1 2005, 09:48 PM']You don't see where we fucking came from, so of course you're ignorant to this shit.[/quote]

Little kid YOU are from a suburb in cincinnati
i hate when people pull the race card bullshit
and fuck affirmative action

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='The Carson Show' date='Jul 1 2005, 11:13 PM']Little kid YOU are from a suburb in cincinnati
[right][post="109771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You have no fucking idea where I come from OR who the fuck I am OR where I've lived, you sonofabitch. And even if I was born and raised majorily in the suburbs doesn't mean I don't know my shit. And what are you talking about you hate when us people pull the race card bullshit? There is no race card being pulled, adorable cuddly wuddly teddy bear. Fuck you, you god damn piece of shit. You need to take that shit somewhere else. Why do you have to say "Fuck affirmative action", you piece of shit? Trying to hurt my feelings? This thead has nothing to do with affirmative action. It has nothing to do with anybody using the "race card". You have no clue what we were talking about, so you have to throw your little bullshit remarks in there. The president was making a BLATANTLY racist remark. If you don't see the problem with what he said or what their government did, then you are a sad, dumb, racist asshole. Anyways, you are the most ignorant, sorry fuck I've come across in a long time. I'd really fucking appreciate it if your lame ass didn't reply to any of my fucking posts again. Thanks.

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Jul 1 2005, 11:22 PM']You have no fucking idea where I come from OR who the fuck I am OR where I've lived, you sonofabitch. And even if I was born and raised majorily in the suburbs doesn't mean I don't know my shit. And what are you talking about you hate when us people pull the race card bullshit? There is no race card being pulled, adorable cuddly wuddly teddy bear. Fuck you, you god damn piece of shit. You need to take that shit somewhere else. Why do you have to say "Fuck affirmative action", you piece of shit? Trying to hurt my feelings? This thead has nothing to do with affirmative action. It has nothing to do with anybody using the "race card". You have no clue what we were talking about, so you have to throw your little bullshit remarks in there. The president was making a BLATANTLY racist remark. If you don't see the problem with what he said or what their government did, then you are a sad, dumb, racist asshole. Anyways, you are the most ignorant, sorry fuck I've come across in a long time. I'd really fucking appreciate it if your lame ass didn't reply to any of my fucking posts again. Thanks.
[right][post="109773"][/post][/right][/quote]

*has just earned the go-bengals most useless member award*

in every thread its fuck this and fuck that, you moron you adorable cuddly wuddly teddy bear you this and that white women this and white people that. in fact i cant name one time race had ever been mentioned until you joined this site.

do you realize that you have posted in this thread [b]16 [/b] times and for what? honestly were you offended by this stamp?... or did you just decide to join the bandwagon because a few tight asses are making something out of nothing!

point is, save the "thats racist" bullshit for someone/where else, its obvious that the majority of us here dont agree with you and you are only making yourself look stupid by cussing us out and name calling.

even though i didnt have to read the article , i did... i read the topic title and your first few replies and it had already been explained for me i knew the racial card had been played. i looked at the stamp it clearly looks like a monkey with human characteristics. i also noticed the words cartoon and comic book used. and took into consideration the era that the book had origionated from.

were you offended at the maker(s) of curious george aswell? :rolleyes:

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Jul 2 2005, 02:04 AM']I still don't get how you think making fun of someone because they live in Kentucky is even CLOSE to making fun of someone because of their race. Just.... stop....
[right][post="109686"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

So its ok to stereotype as long as its not a stereotype that offends you?

This thread needs to die. I would kill it and delete all your posts if it wasn't for the fact that I revile censorship. Badass, you are WAY too inflammatory in your posts. You've been given remarkable leeway because of your age, but you seriously need to chill. Your "fuck this and that" response to anyone who doesn't agree with your outlook is tiresome, not to mention immature.
I WANT you to post and be an active member here--but you push all the wrong buttons on people sometimes with your blatant name-calling, and you know it.
CarsonShow...you're guilty of jumping into what was obviously a thread that was somewhat doomed to begin with, and you just HAD to throw a racist card into the deck. Which was already stuffed with race cards, I might add.
I have not read nor know anything about the story about the Mexican stamps. It is somewhat irrelevant at this point. What I DO know is that we're expected to keep things somewhat civil and whatnot around here and this thread has been reported to me and I read through the whole goddamn thing, and I can conclude that it deserves an overdue death. If those of you here cannot simply exchange differing views/opinoins about whatever without resorting to this "personal attack" mode, then I will start eliminating your posts if I think they are beyond the rules.
Let's behave like adults and make nice. After all, aren't we supposed to be united in our love for the Bengals?
Carry on.....

I'm reminded of something from a book I'm reading right now....

[quote]In true dialogue both sides are willing to change. We have to appreciate that truth can be received from outside of -- not only within -- our own group. If we do not believe that entering into a dialogue would be a waste of time. If we think we monopolize the truth and we still organize dialogue, it is not authentic. We have to believe that by engaging in dialogue with the other person, we have the possibility of making change within ourselves, that we can become deeper. Dialogue is not a means for assimilation in the sense that one side expands and incorporates the other into its "self". Dialogue must be practiced on the basis of "non-self". We have to allow what is good, beautiful, and meaningful in the other's tradition to transform us.[/quote]

Steggy you are a intelligent man, so I'm sure you are aware of how the Monkey is offensive to someone like Badass cartoon or not, sometimes free speech should be tempered when it's this offensive, I wonder if you would defend the swastika as well.

Baddass, I understand your anger there are posts that attack Christians all the time on this board that sometimes anger me and I'm 30, twice your age and get as angered as you are right now. My advice would be to attempt to step outside yourself and try to understand what it is that steggy is saying.

A cartoon that is offensive to you as a young black man should be restricted but a cartoon such as this shouldn't?

[img]http://static.ytmnd.com:8000/80000/80526/image.gif[/img] (By the way Im sure I could find a "tarbaby" cartoon as well so...)

I believe what he is saying is that both are equally offensive and that if you are going to preach tolerance then be universal about it, preach it to all cultures wether that be yours or his. Tolerance isn't just a one sided coin. I realize while you face things we don't because of the color of your skin you will be enflamed about this and rightfully so, but make an attempt to understand what it is he is saying.

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Jul 1 2005, 11:22 PM']You have no fucking idea where I come from OR who the fuck I am OR where I've lived, you sonofabitch. And even if I was born and raised majorily in the suburbs doesn't mean I don't know my shit. And what are you talking about you hate when us people pull the race card bullshit? There is no race card being pulled, adorable cuddly wuddly teddy bear. Fuck you, you god damn piece of shit. You need to take that shit somewhere else. Why do you have to say "Fuck affirmative action", you piece of shit? Trying to hurt my feelings? This thead has nothing to do with affirmative action. It has nothing to do with anybody using the "race card". You have no clue what we were talking about, so you have to throw your little bullshit remarks in there. The president was making a BLATANTLY racist remark. If you don't see the problem with what he said or what their government did, then you are a sad, dumb, racist asshole. Anyways, you are the most ignorant, sorry fuck I've come across in a long time. I'd really fucking appreciate it if your lame ass didn't reply to any of my fucking posts again. Thanks.
[right][post="109773"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

get over it dude. and way to take the high road btw. just because other people aren't hyper sensitive to such trivial matters as this doesn't mean they are "sad, dumb and racist". and all throughout the thread you (a kid in high school, claiming to "know his shit"), you have just told people to "shut up" because they are "fucking 1diots", or make other accusations like calling them racist. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/32.gif[/img]

Guest BengalBacker

People sure don't like it when you point out how hypocritical they are.

That's what makes it so much fun.

Hats off to Steggy. We must be related. :D

Great job.

Guest BadassBengal
I don't even know who I'm replying to now. The only people I've remarked as racist in this thread were the president of Mexico (of course), and while Carson Show is most likely not racist, I DO think he's a dick. For no reason, in a thread about this shit, he throws out "fuck affirmative action". I mean, what's this about? "fuck affirmative action"? That has nothing to do with Mexico issuing a stamp about a black stereotyped character. Then he says that us people are "always pulling the race card". Uh....right. If you read about the comic this is referring to, it is actually a black kid and he's drawn to look like a MONKEY. His mother is drawn to look like a MONKEY. There's no race card involved. It's simply obvious. Then you come swinging in saying "fuck affirmative action" and talkin bout how you're tired of us using the race card and what not. You obviously didn't read the topic post, and didn't know what we were talking about, and just spouted random ignorant bullshit. Hell yea, I'm gonna reply how I did.

And to everyone else such as Beaker saying things such as, "So its ok to stereotype as long as its not a stereotype that offends you?" I never said it wasn't ok to stereotype if it doesn't offend me. I never remember saying that. But quite simply, if it doesn't offend me, then I most likely won't care. Someone else will most likely stick up for themselves as I'm doing right now in this thread. The Kentucky stuff that BJ always comes up with doesn't offend me, and I was freakin born in Kentucky! So, I just leave it alone. Well... it doesn't offend me as long as he's not talkin about UK basketball, but thats different. And in that other post, I guess I took what he meant by "tolerance" wrongly. I won't tolerate ish that offends me, and you shouldn't either. As I said earlier, freedom of speech is tolerated by me up to a certain point. I don't make fun of Christians(tho I do tend to post funny pics sometimes, that I at least don't find offensive. and if someone else did, they sure didn't say it), and I don't make fun of Kentuckians. And when they get made fun of, they can stick up for themselves...and yea. I think I just repeated a few things, but I'm done.

Its the same thing when they put speedy gonzalez as a mexican stereotype. IMO its just stupid. The cartoon was a great comic book, I used to read it and different from what you might think it is one of the few cartoons that had many values and good lessons to learn for kids. They used to make fun of the kid to teach him a lesson that the kids learned. Its just a clasic and even though its not the smartest thing to release a stamp that may offend people I think its importance is minnium.
I never got insulted with any sppedy gonzalez shit and no one should be insulted by a good cartoon caracter.

[quote name='The Carson Show' date='Jul 2 2005, 12:13 AM']Little kid YOU are from a suburb in cincinnati
[right][post="109771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Jesus Christ! Natty Dread Rides Again!
How do you fit that fucking hood over your dreadlocks, mon?

Vincente Fox just recently said that Mexicans were important to the US because they took jobs that "Even Black people wouldn't do"
this is great.
Canada never is this funny, are they?
Damn how can people be so stupid?

Guest CTBengalsFan
[quote name='KingStripes' date='Jul 2 2005, 05:32 PM']Its the same thing when they put speedy gonzalez as a mexican stereotype. IMO its just stupid. The cartoon was a great comic book, I used to read it and different from what you might think it is one of the few cartoons that had many values and good lessons to learn for kids. They used to make fun of the kid to teach him a lesson that the kids learned. Its just a clasic and even though its not the smartest thing to release a stamp that may offend people I think its importance is minnium.
I never got insulted with any sppedy gonzalez shit and no one should be insulted by a good cartoon caracter.
[right][post="109986"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

Archived