I need help with my laptop please

so my HP laptop is 5 yrs old but works like a charm. All I do on it is store pics off of cell phone and watch Netflix and surf the web. My touchpad all of a sudden is freezing on me. The curser will get stuck where ever I am on and it'll stop completely for 20 minutes. Is the touchpad going bad? or is is some program. Cause one day I got a message that my synpatic pad has suddenlty stopped working and I don't know why. I was thinking about just restoring my computer to original factorty setting and I am not even sure if that will help but it's an idea. Any suggestions?

The touchpad *might* be going out at that age, but that's not horribly common.

First thing I would do is hit the HP site and see if there are any updated drivers for your model of laptop.

Look for new versions of the Synaptic software and drivers, any hardware driver updates that deal with pointing or input devices. If there is something newer, download and install. If that doesn't help, look for BIOS and firmware updates. If you go that route, just make sure to back up all of your shit before installing.

Lemme know...

Archived