DirecTV question??

I am thinking about switching to DirecTv and just wanted to know if people that have DriecTV are happy with their service. Also I was wondering how bad the rain freeze can get and how often it happens. I have also heard that sometimes you have to clean snow out of your dish?? Just kind of wanting to know everyones opinion on DirecTV

Even in the "snowmageddon" we had here in DC I never had to clean the snow from my dish, it does go in and out during heavy rains and if the winds are really bad they may have to come out and readjust the dish so it points to their satellite, but thats only happened 2xs in the 8 years ive had it.

no one can give you an answer on the freeze due to weather, depends how well its angled to the sky and where on the house, etc..

living in denver i feared it would suck, but honestly its been nearly flawless, we got 17 inches of snow last winter, dish didnt cut out once, but we got a mild storm with some wicked slouds and jet black sky last week and it cut out. it its going on the top of your roof, i would assume wind and issues are far worse, mine is on the side of my house just peaking above my 3rd car garage area, so its mostly protected from the eliments. i am happy with it.

what equipment you get is a big factor however..

HD DVR they offer the HR21 and the HR24, the 21 is slightly bigger, slower, has half the capacity store, etc.. so i would note that you want HR24's or the deal is off. they just released teh HR34 which records 5 shows at once, its great, i would recomend that if you DVR often.. then just get H24 or H25(the non dvr HD units and do whole home DVR service.

I have had them for a few years and dealt ith them often, getting lowered bills and free stuff is pretty easy..

if you do sign up, Pm me, and i will give you my account number, we both get $100 off our bill for the referral, unless you already have someone to do that with...

Rain freeze will be inconsistent. When I lived in Florida we had a hurricane and didn't lose TV until we lost power. Then at times a medium rain storm will knock you out. It rarely lasts for more than a couple of minutes.

As for customer service, this also varies somewhat. DirecTV subcontracts some of their work, and the subcontractors vary in quality of service. But DirecTV has always been good about making it right. If the subcontractor screws something up DirecTV always takes care of it, and has offered compensation in one form or another.

[quote name='fluhartz' timestamp='1344285751' post='1143685']
I love DIRECTV. I have had it for years and never really have any issues with rain or snow..

Two words.....NFL Network....
[/quote]

Not to mention Big Ten Network for OSU fans.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1345411281' post='1148602']
No not yet. I will in the next week or so. My home owners association has a strict no satellite policy so I am just working around that.
[/quote]

mine does too, i just put it on the side of my house, behind the peak of garage so it cant be seen, but i see them all over the place there.. so they must not be too strict.. but the HOA giudelines here say none at all without approval...

FYI. Little know secret is that HOA's can't legally enforce anything that is not considered a rebuild/changing appearance of your exterior dimensions of you home, This include deck rebuilding that have same dimensions and colors as the original one, mounting a dish within the box confines dimensions of your roof and your tallest exhaust vent or chimney. As long as your dish is not glow in the dark, no way in hell can they ever stick a lien on your house for violating the HOA by-laws

Most HOA by-laws have tons of clauses that are not enforceable by law.

I also am a bit in conspiracy theory camp on HOA clauses such as satellite dish restrictions. I believe that HOA by-laws where formulated where the original creator of it got some kick-backs from cable companies to include this no sat clause. It also dates back to when dishes were the size of a UFO.

I know it's OT, but nonetheless I felt I had to chime in. My HOA is pretty strict, but have not yet had any success making me take my dish down....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived