Keyshawn blames Bengals for Chad Johnson’s troubles

oldschooler

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1345027005' post='1146470']
Yes B.A.B.you have a point, especially when it comes to this woman. She's way the hell out there, and I wouldn't put it past her to have orchestrated this. However, I wouldn't put it past Chad to have been at fault either. If you're going to use that batty ass chicks past against her, you have to use Chads against him too.

It's like what you said in an earlier post, he chose her over so many other women when he had his choice of Miami. He chose this train wreck of a woman, so he chose his fate. He probably was more in love with the idea of a reality show than with her, and now it's cost him everything. Even in this case though, having worked with this kind of crap for over 30 years, yes I will believe the woman first. The facts are there B.A.B., men like to get physical first, and Chad has that in his background.

The whole situation was bomb waiting to explode, he should've stayed far away from her from the first time they met.
[/quote]

I agree with everything you have said.. But I'm not sure statistics is really as cut and dry as you would like to portray. First, most men would never actually report if they were being abused. It's bad enough for people to think the wife "wears the pants" let alone admitting that she also kicks your ass.

Also, another thing to consider is that whenever any confrontation happens it is the man who is blamed and charged, regardless of who was the attacker... I have seen that with my own eyes.. I have seen a guy get arrested for simply trying to get away with impartial witnesses. There is a form of sexism in play..

It's sort of like how in the 60's if you look at say, masturbation statistics, you would assume women didn't really do such things, when in reality, they just weren't as likely to admit it.. Now you see those numbers more accurately representing the reality.

There's no question who's solely to blame, but if any team would have an affect on his demise, it would be the Pats. They rightfully put a lid on his clown routine and took him out of his comfort zone and exposed him for the idiot that he is by forcing him to actually run plays correctly. The Bengals gave him a stage and put up with way more antics than they should have and eventually granted him a trade that he was publicly ecstatic about. Keyshawn is a joke. And as somebody else alluded to earlier, it is amazing that he actually gets paid to give his opinion.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1345000136' post='1146446']
You honestly think that there is not a woman out there that would deserve to get her ass kicked for the way she treated a man? I KNOW there is.

If a guy hit a woman, he deserves a nice ass kicking too. To me, you're acting like the woman is never at fault. That's a bit overboard IMO. No one "should" ever hit someone unless they have to but people do "deserve" some things that happen to them. Im not saying that is the all the time, I'm just saying the "victim" is not always the victim.

I've seen a woman hit my friend because he was a pussy and took it. It was a domestic dispute daily but he'd never call it in because she had his baby and he "loved her". It was a pathetic mess. I still wish he would have just unleashed and gave her a taste of what she was giving him.
[/quote]

No absolutely there are crazy nutjob women out there that perpetuate the problem ten fold.

If the woman is that bad, leave before it does escallate, or find some non-violent way to resolve it, But it is [b]NEVER[/b] ok to hit any women. (or man in your friend's case)

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1345030789' post='1146476']
While you are correct in that there are many men who would not report abuse, and that there IS sexism in play, the reality is that there are FAR too many male batterers in our society and the statistics are sadly pretty much spot on. This is one of the reasons that the sexism comes into play... the pendulum has swung so far toward the males almost as if to make up for the decades of nothing happening to them at all. I've both seen and had my problems with that same situation Lucid. While it is NOT right, it is almost always going to be the male that is targeted whenever a domestic violence situation occurs. Many police departments are aware of the disparity in apprehensions, and have taken to arresting both parties to try and change that statistic... which only opens another can of worms.

Sadly, people aren't taught or choose not to learn communication skills and mature adult reasoning abilities to deal with their problems... it's a hit first mentality that stretches back through generations.

LMAO... as long as it doesn't enter the NSFW category, we might be ok.
[/quote]

I really want to stress that I absolutely agree with pretty much everything you have said in this thread.. My father was an abusive drunk, Thank god my mother left him before he had a chance to fuck me up as well.

[b]1.[/b] While[url="http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/evelyn-lozada-files-for-divorce-from-chad-johnson-/nRBgk/"] the conversation between Philbin and Johnson was what everyone came to see[/url], the far more interesting insight came earlier in the show when it was revealed that Johnson was having a hard time picking up the Dolphins’ offense, just like he did last year in New England.

At one point, Dolphins great [b]Bob Griese[/b], watching film with Philbin in his office, asks the coach if all the receivers can play all the positions. Answered Philbin: “Well, most of them. Chad hasn’t been a lot inside. You know, the big knock on him when he came here was he couldn’t pick up the system.”

Later, the three quarterbacks are shown in the film room shaking their heads at Johnson for not knowing where to be. Said [b]David Garrard[/b]: “I’m going to have to talk to Chad. He does so much stuff that I don’t know if he’s not getting the plays, or if he’s trying to give me a head’s up on something.”

Later, Johnson chastises himself for making “a f***ing rookie mistake.”

[b]10.[/b] Philbin wasn’t the only one who gave Chad Johnson a tongue lashing after his profanity-filled press conference. Sherman also took him aside during practice: “You have a chance to really do some unique stuff and show people what you’re really all about, but perception is reality, and you create your own perception.”

[b]11.[/b] The show ended with the Johnson saga. On the show, the conversation between Philbin and Johnson lasts 3:30, but the conversation is edited at some point, so the entire thing probably lasted about four minutes.

We learn that in addition to upsetting Philbin with his profanity-filled press conference two weeks ago, Johnson tweeted something over the summer that Philbin didn’t much appreciate. The show also had footage of Johnson being led into Broward County Detention Center in chains. He is visibly shaken in his meeting with Philbin.

“I let you down a little bit – a lot,” Johnson said. “I understand what you’re doing. You got the message clear across the first day we me. I understood what you wanted from me and what you expected from me, especially after having our talk about having fun with the media. I apologize for embarrassing you and this organization and my teammates.”

But it obviously wasn’t enough for Johnson to keep his job.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2012/08/15/hard-knocks-recap-chad-johnson-didnt-know-the-miami-dolphins-offense-either-plus-chris-hogan-rising-roberto-wallace-falling/

I like their coach. He did that pretty good. Wasn't a dick, seemed apologetic even thought he didn't have to be. He said exactly what he meant and was thinking (in a nice way though). If I were in his shoes, it would have been something similar I'm guessing.

Chad looks a mess right now. Deserving? I don't know... I loved him here in his glory day, but like we all have said, he cared more about "Chad Johnson, the entertainer" than "Chad Johnson, the football player"... and that is a major turn off.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1344997379' post='1146395']
The operative words are HE DECIDED... it's on Chad, he married a freak, he also has a record of domestic violence, so HE set himself up for failure.
Blast the bimbo (and she is a total nutjob) all you want, but CHAD deserves at least equal part of the blame.
[/quote]

Ok, when you say "Chad has a history of domestic violence" it sounds like the guy spent half his life in and out of jail for beating women. Let's be real here, he got into trouble ONCE when he was a fucking kid. I'm not defending his actions, all I'm saying is that it's not fair to make him out to be a woman beater because he had one incident more than a decade ago.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1345044782' post='1146528']
Ok, when you say "Chad has a history of domestic violence" it sounds like the guy spent half his life in and out of jail for beating women. Let's be real here, he got into trouble ONCE when he was a fucking kid. I'm not defending his actions, all I'm saying is that it's not fair to make him out to be a woman beater because he had one incident more than a decade ago.
MULLY
[/quote]

agree for the most part, but let's not start calling 22yr old adults "kids."

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1345044939' post='1146529']
[/quote]

Legal age and mental capacity are two different things, I've known some people that are of adult age that still think like kids do, especially people in their early 20s.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1345035069' post='1146485']
[media]http://youtu.be/Bl977K7FcMw[/media]
[/quote]

Wow, this really seems like going for the ratings. Chad didn't have to allow that conversation to take place in front of the cameras. What I'm saying is that this is starting to stink of a set up of some sort, like it's been planned out. Why on earth would they put something so personal on TV? Unless America really has lost it's fucking mind and nothing is sacred anymore.
MULLY

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1345044939' post='1146529']
[/quote]

My brother, at 44 years old a 22 year old is a kid, plain and simple. 22 may be legally "adult" but that doesn't mean that 22 is mature. I know I did shit when I was in my early 20's that I wouldn't even contemplate doing now.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1345045304' post='1146533']
Wow, this really seems like going for the ratings. Chad didn't have to allow that conversation to take place in front of the cameras. What I'm saying is that this is starting to stink of a set up of some sort, like it's been planned out. Why on earth would they put something so personal on TV? Unless America really has lost it's fucking mind and nothing is sacred anymore.
MULLY
[/quote]

It's part of the deal. The team could have requested it not been shown, but as I understand it very rarely does Hard Knocks get asked to not air something. Typically only strategy/playbook things get cut.

I'd say this was less stinging than the JD Runnels/Jim Lippencott scene.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1345045443' post='1146534']
My brother, at 44 years old a 22 year old is a kid, plain and simple. 22 may be legally "adult" but that doesn't mean that 22 is mature. I know I did shit when I was in my early 20's that I wouldn't even contemplate doing now.
MULLY
[/quote]

to each their own, but I don't agree.

22 is plenty old enough to know not to slap your girlfriend.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1345045665' post='1146537']

[/quote]

Oh, I'm not saying 22 he shouldn't have known better, but, when you're young like that you don't always make the best decisions *AND* in a heat of the moment situation, I wouldn't lay my money on the immature 22 year old making the best decisions. Just saying.
MULLY

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1345045665' post='1146537']

[/quote]

LOL agreed. I'm 22, and if I slapped the shit out of my girl, I don't think it'd go over so well.

When does the sense of responsibility and maturity develop in the brain? It's different with everyone. Mine hit me when I was 24... and I've lived a boring life since.

:)

I have siblings, one who it hit a few years ago at the age of 30 and another who is also 33 and I still wonder if she'll ever grow up. I do not think Chad has made it through the child/adult threshold.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1345047166' post='1146551']
When does the sense of responsibility and maturity develop in the brain? It's different with everyone. Mine hit me when I was 24... and I've lived a boring life since.

:)

I have siblings, one who it hit a few years ago at the age of 30 and another who is also 33 and I still wonder if she'll ever grow up. I do not think Chad has made it through the child/adult threshold.
[/quote]

I think we're getting into different territory here. This isn't an issue of "grow up and get your life in order and stop acting immature".

Now Chad may well have that issue, but its completely separate from the ability to know "don't hit your girlfriend".

You can do stupid things in your 20's and be immature, but that doesn't mean you aren't old enough to know what right and wrong is. You just choose to do things considered "wrong". People know pot is illegal and still smoke it, know graffiti is illegal and still do it, etc....

Most times, being stupid and immature is a choice. Not due to a lack of knowledge.

I have no doubt that 34yr old Chad KNOWS how to act like a responsible adult, take care of his money, etc. He just chooses not to. There's a big difference. Chad wants to be an entertainer. That's his choice. The issue he's had in recent years is he cares more about being an entertainer than a football player.

[quote name='BengalJohn' timestamp='1345048643' post='1146564']
I guess this stereotype of our franchise raising clowns and thugs will never go away.
But your talking about a worldwide broadcasting station that had a live Birthday celebration for the worst QB in the NFL.
I couldn't really give a f...
[/quote]

Every time I see your user name I want to hope you put a little john wearing some kind of bengals stripes as your avatar.

whaaat?

yeeeeaahhhhh

oooookaaaayy

:lol:

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1345050341' post='1146574']
Quick points.[list=1]
[*]You can never hit a woman. No exceptions. No excuses.
[*]The football glory days are over for Chad. Just a matter of how hard he crashes.
[*]I don't hate him and in fact I always hope the best for him.
[/list]
[/quote]

Big butch woman... like one of those shot putters who is stronger than the average man... you guys are passing each other on the sidewalk. You have your 5 year old child in hand. She kicks the kid in the face and then proceeds to your face with her fist before you can even comprehend or understand what's going on. Here comes swing #2 and you realize this woman kicked your kid in the face and blasted you pretty good. You're being attacked. What do you do?

Archived