iPhone 4s or Galaxy s3...or wait for iPhone 5?

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1346265510' post='1152468']
that whole windows block-looking interface is ultra retarded
[/quote]

That's a whole 'nother issue, but I agree. I haven't tried it yet, but I have several nerd friends who have, and they all say the new metro interface is idiotic on a desktop. It's easy enough to disable and go back to the traditional layout, but why include it at all if it's obvious that it's not going to work right with a keyboard and mouse?

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1346264601' post='1152455']
Next Apple/Samsung question:

How much does this:

[img]http://ultrabooknews.com/files/2012/06/Samsung-Ultra-Convertible.jpg[/img]

Look like this:

[img]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/01/macbook-air-hands-1.jpg[/img]

Or this:

[img]http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/06/12/Macbook_Pro_2012_with_Retina_Display_35331572_05_620x433.jpg[/img]

That first photo is of Samsungs just-announced line of Ultra-Touch laptops.
[/quote]

None. imo

Windows 8 is a half-baked xbox live skin on top of Windows, there is potential but its a pain in the ass to figure things out. Stay away till they get it fixed.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1346266155' post='1152480']
None. imo

Windows 8 is a half-baked xbox live skin on top of Windows, there is potential but its a pain in the ass to figure things out. Stay away till they get it fixed.
[/quote]

I disagree. I think there's more similarities between those computers than there between the iPhone and a couple of the phones that Apple names in that lawsuit...at least, hardware-wise. Maybe the difference in OS are enough to differentiate them?

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1346265815' post='1152473']
That's a whole 'nother issue, but I agree. I haven't tried it yet, but I have several nerd friends who have, and they all say the new metro interface is idiotic on a desktop. It's easy enough to disable and go back to the traditional layout, but why include it at all if it's obvious that it's not going to work right with a keyboard and mouse?
[/quote]

I installed it over the weekend on my laptop. It works fine with a mouse/keyboard. It's just half-baked, there isnt enough control over the user experience for me, I dont want to use MS apps for my various things I have my own apps, which dont have a Metro interface yet, which I didnt expect them to, but even the defaults Metro apps are a pain in that you get very little in how they interact other than to say you can turn the live ones off from being live and can shorten or expand how big they are, but you cant shorten or expand things you pin to the desktop. I pinned the google start page because I prefer it to bing, but I couldnt expand how big the icon was, I would also like the ability to change icon colors, on a per icon basis, cant do that either.

So not a fan.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1346266898' post='1152488']
I disagree. I think there's more similarities between those computers than there between the iPhone and a couple of the phones that Apple names in that lawsuit...at least, hardware-wise. Maybe the difference in OS are enough to differentiate them?
[/quote]

Oh got ya, I thought you were referring to Windows 8 and MacOS

Archived