No Chance

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 1 2005, 01:30 PM']The bungles couldn't even win a division title on madden let alone real life.I'll save you the 21 page review from fans on this site.YOU ALWAYS COME UP SHORT AND ALWAYS WILL.Even when the Browns lost are team we still made it back to the playoffs before you guys.
[right][post="109422"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

really?

how many super bowls have the browns been to??

well 1, in baltimore, the browns II and original browns ahve been to zero... interesting.. i guess you would know first hand all about coming up short huh?

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 1 2005, 12:30 PM']The Bengals couldn't even win a division title on madden let alone real life.  Even when the Browns lost are team we still made it back to the playoffs before you guys.
[right][post="109422"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
The Browns did a good job of bouncing back and getting into the playoffs, no doubt. however, before you "smack" the Bengals about division titles:

Bengals last division championship - 1988
Browns last division championship - 1989

Not exatly a strength of the Browns in recent years either.

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 1 2005, 02:16 PM']I could talk some real football,but I have one rule.You have to make it to the playoffs every decade and a half.
[right][post="109509"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Good point. Those two playoff appearances the Browns have made in the last decade and a half puts them in elite company, ahead of such franchises and the Bengals, the Cardinals, ... oh, that's it. Of course, you'll claim that the Browns lost division titles and playoff berths when their 5-11 franchise was taken away, as evidenced by the Ravens' success. Or, maybe not. You wouldn't possibly come in here and base your trash talk on the success of teams other than your own...

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 1 2005, 08:26 AM']I hate the stoolers and the murdering ratbirds,but the bungholes crack me up.You guys will never make the playoffs this year.At the very most,and this is being kind,your a lucky 3rd behind the stoolers and ratbirds.[/quote]
I've never been much for trash talking for this very reason. Bengals fans - like Browns fans right now - have been in no position to do so. When you have to rely on teams other than your own to back up your smack - especially the teams that are division rivals who 1) is the franchise that was formerly your own team only to be moved to another city and finally win a Super Bowl championship, and 2) the hated rival who has 4 more Super Bowl championships and has ended your team's only two playoff runs in the last decade and a half - then you doing more of a disservice to your own team than the one your're trying to smack.

A Browns fan has to be pretty desperate to depend upon the Steelers and Ravens to "get his back". I can understand that desperation, though. The Bengals, quite honestly, are about the only thing that has kept a franchise like the Browns from being the premier laughing stock in the NFL in recent memory. Considering the recent direction of the Browns, I don't blame you for not wanting that to change.

However, the Bengals are a team on the rise thanks to Marvin Lewis. Will they win the division this season? Maybe, but it will be difficult with the Steelers & Ravens in the way. Will they make the playoffs. I believe they have a very good chance to, but it's no lock.

Personally, I believe the renewal of the Bengals-Browns rivaly [b]atop[/b] the AFC North would be great for the league. It would be nice to see Marvin & Romeo make that happen. Marvin and the Bengals are headed there; feel free to join us.

[quote name='34inXXIII' date='Jul 2 2005, 10:28 AM']The Browns did a good job of bouncing back and getting into the playoffs, no doubt.  however, before you "smack" the Bengals about division titles:

Bengals last division championship - 1988
Browns last division championship - 1989

Not exatly a strength of the Browns in recent years either.
Good point.  Those two playoff appearances the Browns have made in the last decade and a half puts them in elite company, ahead of such franchises and the Bengals, the Cardinals, ... oh, that's it.  Of course, you'll claim that the Browns lost division titles and playoff berths when their 5-11 franchise was taken away, as evidenced by the Ravens' success.  Or, maybe not.  You wouldn't possibly come in here and base your trash talk on the success of teams other than your own...
I've never been much for trash talking for this very reason.  Bengals fans - like Browns fans right now - have been in no position to do so.  When you have to rely on teams other than your own to back up your smack - especially the teams that are division rivals who 1) is the franchise that was formerly your own team only to be moved to another city and finally win a Super Bowl championship, and 2) the hated rival who has 4 more Super Bowl championships and has ended your team's only two playoff runs in the last decade and a half - then you doing more of a disservice to your own team than the one your're trying to smack.

A Browns fan has to be pretty desperate to depend upon the Steelers and Ravens to "get his back".  I can understand that desperation, though.  The Bengals, quite honestly, are about the only thing that has kept a franchise like the Browns from being the premier laughing stock in the NFL in recent memory.  Considering the recent direction of the Browns, I don't blame you for not wanting that to change.

However, the Bengals are a team on the rise thanks to Marvin Lewis.  Will they win the division this season?  Maybe, but it will be difficult with the Steelers & Ravens in the way.  Will they make the playoffs.  I believe they have a very good chance to, but it's no lock.

Personally, I believe the renewal of the Bengals-Browns rivaly [b]atop[/b] the AFC North would be great for the league.  It would be nice to see Marvin & Romeo make that happen.  Marvin and the Bengals are headed there; feel free to join us.
[right][post="109875"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

The 94 Browns team was one of the best defenses in NFL History. They allowed(then) the fewest points in NFL history.1995 was expected to be another good year,but Modell f'd that for the Browns.Look what happened with the Colts.

The 95 Browns team was playing great football.Yes! until are team was taken away.What did the Browns have to look forward to that year.

Dont forget Savage played a huge role in building the ratbirds! Now he is ours.Boller is not the man to take them anywhere. Give it a couple years Baltimore will have major cap problems

Add into the mix, B.Davis after coming back in the league(I wont go into that),and the Browns still managed to make it back in the playoffs before the Bengals did, with bad management,bs playbook,and no depth on the roster.

One advantage is the element of surprise. Nobody's gonna have the jump on game-planning RC until he shows his packages. We often have close games within our division even if we are technically outmatched. We should pick up a divisional game or two and a random game against a team that came off a big win or a tie. My point is that things can happen outside the game we are playing. Imagine playing some of these teams with their backup QB playing as well. We will play against probably 2 teams that are forced to play their backup. It is not unusual for a few qbs to be sidelined in the first week alone. Not all on the IR but sidelined never the less. We will have problems too but since we have less talent in some positions we have less to lose. In places where we do have talent we have depth. In the positions currently filled with idots which won't start in the NFL again after us, we have another guy standing right behind him whos just as mediocure. Nose Tackle is a great example . Some might say QB is another.

It's football, X's and O's. Disguising blitzes is what makes it work. Good atheletes at LB will always thrive in this kind of defense. I think we have a few decent atheletes at LB, maybe no stars, but decent atheletes. IMO this defensive scheme makes stars out of good atheletes. I guess my whole thing is that people seem to think the guys on this team are mentally not up to the challenge, or maybe not as much as most teams in the league. I still believe good coaches make things seem easy for the players to learn The only question left is if he does teach them well, can he motivate them to perform when it counts. Fortunately, RAC and Savage have found a few guys experienced in the 3-4 to help lead the charge. Honestly, I expect that for the first couple of games we will see guys playing out of place, missing opportunities etc... But by the 3rd or 4th game, I expect to see them making those plays instead.

The Bengals have alot move to prove this year in are division,and the pressure is building.Its your 3rd year under Lewis.It's time for you guys to put up or shut up!

Guest 34inXXIII
Good post, latblue.

[quote name='latblue' date='Jul 2 2005, 10:58 AM']The Bengals have alot move to prove this year in are division.And the pressure is buildingIts your 3rd year under Lewis.It's time for  you guys to put up or shut up!
[right][post="109898"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Finally, something we agree on (except for the "Bengals" part, of course). And, like you have confidence in your team, I also believe in mine.

[quote name='BadassBengal' date='Jul 1 2005, 10:44 AM']This is a Browns fan?
:lol:
[right][post="109347"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yes, and apparently one of the "smart" ones. He managed a couple of coherent sentences and has managed to get 12 posts out. Most of them would have forgotten their password by now.... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

[b]A look at how and why the Browns will suck in 2005:[/b]

- First year head coach, whose success as a DC may or may not have been because of Belicheck.

- A 33 year old savior QB who has a career rating of 70.6, and hasn't played an entire season since 1998. Won a Super Bowl in 2000 with Ravens (only started 8 games that year), riding the coat tails of the best defense in NFL history, and #2 ranked running attack. 95 career TD's, 105 career INT's.

- Three runningbacks all fighting for one spot, none really qualified for it. Lee Suggs is the favorite to be the starter, so why the hell did this genius GM of yours trade for Droughns??? An obvious product of the Denver line! Suggs fumbles the ball more than Paris Hilton gives head, and was stopped COLD by Cincy's horrible run D (13 carries 19 yards) Green is by far the most talented, and troubled. Showed flashes of skill in 2002, has been practically non-existent since then. So who starts?, whose 2nd string? whose 3rd? Come the start of the season there's going to be some pissed off running backs in the mistake by the lake.

- Relying on a rookie WR to lead the offense to glory, with Dilfer at the helm [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] Your GM can't decide if he wants to be a power running team, or a pass happy team. Rookie recievers take time to develop, especially on a team that is built for a power running attack.

- 3 new starters on the offensive line, Faine was used as trade bait in his 2nd year, and new "star" aquisition Shelton was cut in Arizona because he was lazy and couldn't keep his fat ass in shape. Ross Verba was by far the best player on the line, and he [b]PAID[/b] money to leave Cleveland.

- New defensive scheme, 5 potential new starters, [u]WORST[/u] d-line in the NFL. The D-line was horrible last year, so they cut all of the starters, and replaced them with the back-ups that couldn't beat out the horrible starters, I applaude you Phil Savage. The 3-4 relies heavily on the play of the linebackers, the Browns have very average linebackers. Andra Davis is by far the most talented, Thompson is decent, the rest are back-up players for other teams. Another Savage gem, let's move the 290 pound DE Lang (the best DE on the roster) to outside linebacker, he can cover tight ends like a blanket [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] Brian Russell had 1 fluke year in Minnesota, is average at best. Baxter is decent, a physical corner that will have a ton of pass interference calls on him.

- Clevelands schedule is tough because the division is tough. With non-division away games at Green Bay, Indianapolis and Minnesota. Not to mention playing the Steelers, Bengals and Ravens twice a year.

Cleveland is young and has a LONG LONG way to go, Not impressed at how Savage is running this team. Crennel has a lot to prove in his first year, and just does NOT have the pieces to be competitive. 6-10 at the very best.

I looked at the link mentioned earlier in this thread referring to numerous people writing of Cincy - I couldn't see evidence to say people were slating the Bengals. I think latblue is stirring it out of jealousy.

Right now the Bengals are better then the turds easily. What happened to both teams in the past means jacks**t to me!!!!!

Guest BlackJesus
[img]http://lserver.aea14.k12.ia.us/swp/Art/icon.gif/Dork.gif[/img]
[b][color="blue"]Latblue[/color][/b]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
browns fan talking shit about anyone is hilarious.....damn, if there is a worse ran team in the AFC, I don't know who it would be.....the bengals at lest appear to try and improve....not that it matters...they will still do no better than second in the division behind the Steelers.....but that is better than the dead last the browns will be.....

Archived