Who Are The Bengals Looking At, 2012/2013?

It was said elsewhere but having 3 starting caliber TE's on the team would not be a bad thing.

Charlse, at any rate, is a little more of an H-Back type who can line up outside.  

My main intrigue is finding someone who could be a devastating blocker AND catch some balls.  Would you say no to taking a new Heath Miller at #37.  I'm not saying Eifert is that, but I'd have to take an awful long look at the possibility.

#NotreDame TE Tyler Eifert said he has had formal interviews with the #Eagles #Bengals + #Texans#NFLCombine

I wondering if this is just a case of the Bengals exploring their options at 21 and 37, and merely filling out their board, rather than having a geniune interest.  Who knows, if there isn't a position of need available at any of the first two picks, you can guarantee the Bengals will draft impact regardless of position.  And Eifert has definite impact potential!

I wondering if this is just a case of the Bengals exploring their options at 21 and 37, and merely filling out their board, rather than having a geniune interest.  Who knows, if there isn't a position of need available at any of the first two picks, you can guarantee the Bengals will draft impact regardless of position.  And Eifert has definite impact potential!

could just be a guy they want to look at, but don't want to bring to town later so they just do their due diligence now.  

could just be a guy they want to look at, but don't want to bring to town later so they just do their due diligence now.  

Also, another take on this, if the team wanted an upgrade at no.2 WR and there wasn't anyone available, they could just pick another stud TE like this guy which is like adding another WR really.  The 2 TE sets with Gresham and Eifert would be more common and would successfully role coverage away from AJ imo.  Just a thought!

Combine Interviews

OT Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin

OL Justin Pugh, Syracuse

TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame

OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma

Who did the Bengals interview at the Combine last year ?

http://blogs.bengals.com/2012/02/24/searching-for-clues-at-the-combine/

Most mock drafts have the Bengals using one of their first round picks on a cornerback

Several mock drafts have the Bengals targeting an offensive guard with one of their first round selections.

But Coach Lewis disputes the notion that the Bengals have a dire need at guard

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2012/02/23/keep-an-eye-on-wisconsins-kevin-zeitler/

“I excel at off-field preparation and I’m as prepared as I can be,” said Zeitler, who did note that he has talked to the Bengals during combine interviews. “In pass protection I have to be quicker and my hands need to be closer together.”

Thank you for the link.

By the reasoning of 2011 and 2012, we will select (in the first round) someone that was in our combine interview and a pro day workout.  2010 did not fit that profile (combine interview) with Gresham but TE coach (Hayes) worked him out at the combine and most likely had some one on one (informal interview) time with him at the time.

Now, just out of curiosity, we shall see who matches that profile this year. 

Which Bengal's coach beside Alexander was at the combine working out players ?

In other words it looks like an Offensive Lineman or TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame.  If the reasoning of the past three years stay in place.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013teifert.php

Skill-Set Summary: Eifert is a dangerous receiver. He runs good routes and has excellent hands. Eifert makes tough catches in the middle of the field and has demonstrated the ability to withstand big hits. Rees hung him out to dry numerous times, but Eifert showed durability by playing every game last season even though he took some shots from safeties. The big tight end is superb at working the middle seam of the defense and really exploits the bubble between linebackers and safeties.

In man coverage, Eifert is too quick for linebackers to cover while defensive backs struggle with his size. He has great hands and operates well in the red zone. His receiving ability is NFL-ready right now.

There is the potential for Eifert to be a good blocker. He has enough size to get the job done, but he needs to improve. Even if Eifert shows some progress in 2012, turning him into a better blocker will probably be a priority for his first NFL tight ends coach

What round do you think he will go?

Dunno. I rank him 4th. He said he will be disappointed if he's not a first rounder. He's gonna be disappointed, lol. I could see him going anywhere from early second to late 3rd.

Such a wide open draft IMO in rounds 2-4. I think a lot of guys will go later than their talent warrants. Ie I think kenjon Barner is better than former teammate lemichael James. James went late second but Barner probably goes early third at best due to the depth of talent.

The one thing that worries me about Swearinger are his 'bouts of indiscipline in the field.  He gives away needless penalties at time.  I would like to think if we drafted him, Zimmer could reign him in a tad and make him more disciplined.

you mean like Vontaze Burfict did?

The one thing that worries me about Swearinger are his 'bouts of indiscipline in the field.  He gives away needless penalties at time.  I would like to think if we drafted him, Zimmer could reign him in a tad and make him more disciplined.

I know the plays you're referring to, I don't think the hits are a problem as much as the celebrating them/taunting after them is, which can be coached out of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Miami, OH I could understand as they can bring those guys in to local prospect day, but U of M I'm kind of surprised by considering they've got some decent prospects this year.

@ChrisSteuber: I'm told 29 #NFL teams will be represented at#Miami Pro Day today. Teams not expected are #Bears#Bengals,#Redskins

Archived