#2 WR
How they get Gresham involved
Safety Play, specifically Taylor Mays
our LBs vs their TEs
[/quote]

Good list. I'd add:

- Dalton decision making
- Pass rush without Dunlap
- Use of wave DL rotation with 2 rookies at DT (assuming both dress)
- Return game - who is back there on PR and KR?
- And how they cover AJ and how the Bengals line him up

Now that the season has started, I don't really care how they look, how well the line run blocks, or anything else (although I'd like the key guys to stay healthy).

This ain't the preseason.

[img]http://dribbble.s3.amazonaws.com/users/19/screenshots/258633/jwb.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1347294985' post='1155781']
Now that the season has started, I don't really care how they look, how well the line run blocks, or anything else (although I'd like the key guys to stay healthy).

[/quote]

Well that's kind of my point, now that were playing real games we can better determine what we are going to look like over the next few games for the season because were not playing vanilla anymore.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1347294980' post='1155780']
Good list. I'd add:

- Dalton decision making
- Pass rush without Dunlap
- Use of wave DL rotation with 2 rookies at DT (assuming both dress)
- Return game - who is back there on PR and KR?
- And how they cover AJ and how the Bengals line him up
[/quote]

Some more good ones.

Also who is the #3 CB and how he plays.

[/quote]

I agree. I'm not looking for anything particular other than the win. Then you just move on to next week.

I'm looking for a W.

I fully expect Geno Atkins to be a man-child. I hope our play calling on offense builds momentum. I don't want to see more than 2-3 deep balls to AJ. If we're just chucking it up and praying in the 1st qtr then we're in for a long night. But if we can move the ball, win field possesion and keep there D on the field, then 1, 2 maybe 3 deep balls to AJ is all we'll need.

[/quote]

yep. Just give me a win. That's the only thing I'm watching for.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1347296060' post='1155791']
I don't want to see more than 2-3 deep balls to AJ. If we're just chucking it up and praying in the 1st qtr then we're in for a long night. But if we can move the ball, win field possesion and keep there D on the field, then 1, 2 maybe 3 deep balls to AJ is all we'll need.
[/quote]

On the contrary, I think a regular dose of deep shots, both to AJ and others especially Marvin Jones, is needed to keep the underneath soft. Shots down the field, if calculated, can keep the heads of the defense looking up and that is not conducive to a downhill perspective.

I think the DLines will determine a lot. Who ever establishes the line of scrimmage and who ever does not give the ball away will win this game. The run game will help to determine the dline battle and vice versa.

Just win...

that's all I care about. If you go to Baltimore, with all the Modell hoopla added, on Monday Night and get a win I don't even care how whomever plays... it was good enough for a W in that scenario it is good enough for me. This isn't college football where style points count.

Where will AJ line up? Slot, motion, WR1, WR2, etc. How does Gruden make it more difficult for teams to double team him.

Dalton - are the coaches going to allow him to win the game? I don't think we win this game with a run first game plan.

Gresham - needs to be #2 threat

interior O-line

short yardage - goal line running

run D has looked better in preseason but can they stop Rice

how many Ravens can Mays take out of the game

beside Atkins, who puts pressure on Flacco

is Hall healthy enough to go one v one

a lot of questions

While we have a ton of new cogs in our wheel our opponent looks largely the same. If we render Ray Rice ineffective we have a chance to knock around and force Flacco into mistakes. We know how to beat B'More. We have the blueprint. Now, it's up to a few familiar faces and a lot of new ones to make it happen.

Who emerges as #2 behind AJ? Can Marvin continue to hit homeruns?
Interior line....how quickly can they get up to speed and become effective? Could be a very tall order tonight
2nd/3rd level of our defense....need a solid outing from them to keep Rice/Smith bottled up.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1347297245' post='1155795']
On the contrary, I think a regular dose of deep shots, both to AJ and others especially Marvin Jones, is needed to keep the underneath soft. Shots down the field, if calculated, can keep the heads of the defense looking up and that is not conducive to a downhill perspective.

I think the DLines will determine a lot. Who ever establishes the line of scrimmage and who ever does not give the ball away will win this game. The run game will help to determine the dline battle and vice versa.
[/quote]

Agree with your thought process, but everyone in the league knows Andy will just throw jump balls in the vicinity of AJ and hope he comes down with it. I believe the Ravens will be banking on that early and if we get cute and throw the ball 60 yards down field on our first passing play of our first couple drives, I have a bad feeling BAL comes down with one of them.

I want to see them getting AJ involved early with screens or slants. Let him catch a few with space to run, move him around and get him the ball in 2,3,4 different spots on the field. Then blow the cover off the top down field.

I can't shake the feeling that turning the ball over on a lazy play call hoping for the huge play early in the game will be a death sentence.

Lots of good posts in this thread already that I agree with.

I'll just add that I think the game comes down to Flacco v. Dalton. Which guy makes a big mistake late (like Rothlisberger last night)? Does the guy who gets the ball last make enough plays to lead his team down the field for the win?

While I think that is the main thing, a related matter is which stud young WR has the bigger day. Green is amazing but Webb is a hell of a CB. Smith isn't as good, but not sure the Bengals have a true #1 CB on Webb's level to shut him down. I could see one of these 2 guys going off for a big day with 100+ yards and multiple TDs. I hope it is our guy.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1347303065' post='1155817']
Agree with your thought process, but everyone in the league knows Andy will just throw jump balls in the vicinity of AJ and hope he comes down with it. I believe the Ravens will be banking on that early and if we get cute and throw the ball 60 yards down field on our first passing play of our first couple drives, I have a bad feeling BAL comes down with one of them.

I want to see them getting AJ involved early with screens or slants. Let him catch a few with space to run, move him around and get him the ball in 2,3,4 different spots on the field. Then blow the cover off the top down field.

I can't shake the feeling that turning the ball over on a lazy play call hoping for the huge play early in the game will be a death sentence.
[/quote]

everything coming from Marvin & Co this week regaurding ball security leads me to belive they will be coming out with an approach like you've described

high percentage passes that put our guys (AJ, Hawk, and Gresh particularly) in a position to get some yards after the catch

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1347307024' post='1155831']
everything coming from Marvin & Co this week regaurding ball security leads me to belive they will be coming out with an approach like you've described

high percentage passes that put our guys (AJ, Hawk, and Gresh particularly) in a position to get some yards after the catch
[/quote]

Agreed, and I'm even more convinced because we saw almost NONE of that in preseason. I think they didn't want to tip their hand as to how they plan to control the clock and orchestrate drives...so instead we saw Andy chucking jump balls to the sideline.

For fucks sake is it game time yet!?

Archived