After Week 1--Impression of Replacement Refs

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1348546463' post='1162803']
Tate had one arm reaching in on the ball while Jennings had the both wrapped up in both arms while his ass in on the ground.

This is absolutely what happens and the best course of action is to put him on ignore and never quote him.
[/quote]

The very last video it did look that way. However, I just don't know how a guy that close can get it that wrong, or a reviewer.

No. That's not true. Jennings had the ball in the air, and Tate had one hand. Then Jennings got one foot down. He was high up. The other leg is wild. By the time it finally came down, Tate had found the ball with his other hand. They both had possession. Offense wins. Too bad for the Jennings.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1348546410' post='1162802']
I may very well be a spaz. But you my trollish friend are a fucktard. You always insist on saying dumbshit to get a rise out of everyone on this site. Look @ me, I know nothing about football and I chose my screenname from a cheesy USA network tv show because that guy is soo cool. I guess I wool join everyone else on here in ignoring you. To everyone else, that was a travesty. Hopefully this changes the negotiation urgency.
[/quote]

I dont even know who you are.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1348546563' post='1162804']
The very last video it did look that way. However, I just don't know how a guy that close can get it that wrong, or a reviewer.
[/quote]

I already told you, the reviewer was irrelevant. Possession of the ball on a play like that is not reviewable once the call is made on the field.

[quote name='BScott28' timestamp='1348546067' post='1162788']
This is the worst thing I ever have seen in my life.

Not only do you review it under the hood and still give him the TD, but how is that not an inference call?!

They blew this game so bad
[/quote]
They did blow the game from the start. regardless of the last call the refs blew enough to make a difference.
At the end...just knock the damn ball down and it's over...the defenders fault

You have to have an agenda in order to say it was mutual possession. Tate had a hand on it while reaching out into Jennings' arms which were clutching the ball ever since it was caught cleanly by Jennings.

This is after the blatant shove by Tate. Deep down, Tate feels ashamed... a little...

And all this after a PI call against Sam Shields while he was looking back and got mugged by the Sidney Rice 32 yards downfield on the previous possession.

The refs decided this game. And this is coming from someone who has been reminding everyone that the real refs used to make mistakes. This game was a fraud. Should be an asterisk on the score/result.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1348546736' post='1162809']
I already told you, the reviewer was irrelevant. Possession of the ball on a play like that is not reviewable once the call is made on the field.
[/quote]

Regardless of whether or not it was relevant...if I remember correctly they did it and reviewed it, not sure if they were allowed to but they did it and called it a catch. I could be remembering incorrectly.

[quote name='Paul' timestamp='1348546913' post='1162811']
I'm starting to wonder if I'm watching WWE now half :ninja:
[/quote]

They do need to clean up the fights after every play. A little bit of that substitute teacher scenario.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1348547025' post='1162815']
Regardless of whether or not it was relevant...if I remember correctly they did it and reviewed it, not sure if they were allowed to but they did it and called it a catch. I could be remembering incorrectly.
[/quote]

Come on man, I'm being honest when I ask you this, are you trolling? [size=8][u][b]EVERY[/b][/u][/size] scoring play gets reviewed. The rules don't allow for it to be reviewed and overturned.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1348546319' post='1162799']
How could you blame anyone? Of course your guy has possession. There's no other way to see it.
[/quote]

your guy? I am a Bengal fan. But Jennings did have possession, and the other guy was not even close.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1348546956' post='1162813']
You have to have an agenda in order to say it was mutual possession. Tate had a hand on it while reaching out into Jennings' arms which were clutching the ball ever since it was caught cleanly by Jennings.

This is after the blatant shove by Tate. Deep down, Tate feels ashamed... a little...

And all this after a PI call against Sam Shields while he was looking back and got mugged by the Sidney Rice 32 yards downfield on the previous possession.

The refs decided this game. And this is coming from someone who has been reminding everyone that the real refs used to make mistakes. This game was a fraud. Should be an asterisk on the score/result.
[/quote]

The PI on Sam Shields was legit IMO. Pushing off with his outside hand.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1348547160' post='1162817']
Come on man, I'm being honest when I ask you this, are you trolling? [size=8][u][b]EVERY[/b][/u][/size] scoring play gets reviewed. The rules don't allow for it to be reviewed and overturned.
[/quote]

I guess I just don't get what you are saying. So they can review but are not allowed to over turn it? That makes no sense.

From what I saw one of the refs was waving it as a touchback (int touchback) and the other was saying TD. RIGHT Then and there if they could have they should have had a long talk about it until someone said in their ear from the booth if they felt it was an int or a TD. It probably goes against the rules but at least the call would have been right.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1348547247' post='1162819']

I guess I just don't get what you are saying. So they can review but are not allowed to over turn it? That makes no sense.
[/quote]

If a guy is standing alone in the middle of the endzone and clearly catches the ball for a touchdown, it gets reviewed. once again...[size=8][u][b]ALL SCORING PLAYS[/b][/u][/size] get reviewed. They might have caught a glimpse of the ball hitting the ground, heck the defenders foot might have been out of the back of the endzone. There are a multitude of things that could have been reviewed and overturned on a play. Who had possession of the ball on that play is not one of them.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1348547456' post='1162821']
If a guy is standing alone in the middle of the endzone and clearly catches the ball for a touchdown, it gets reviewed. once again...[size=8][u][b]ALL SCORING PLAYS[/b][/u][/size] get reviewed. They might have caught a glimpse of the ball hitting the ground, heck the defenders foot might have been out of the back of the endzone. There are a multitude of things that could have been reviewed and overturned on a play. Who had possession of the ball on that play is not one of them.
[/quote]

We are miscommunicating. I get what you are trying to say now.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1348547247' post='1162819']
[/quote]

He was turned around trying to make a play on the ball and Rice was all over his back.. If he didn't turn around, then yes, PI.. But he was turned around looking back at the ball.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1348547762' post='1162825']
Then illegal touching? I don't think just by turning around he doesn't not get a PI. Could be wrong though. However I think he was pushing out and keeping Rice from coming back to he ball.
[/quote]

The defender has the same right to make a play on the ball as the WR. His head was turned back at the ball, his hands were on the inside while the WR was on the outside, so he couldn't have been holding, and in fact the receiver grabbed the defender's shoulderpads and turned him. Bad call, even Gruden said it was.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1348548132' post='1162827']
The defender has the same right to make a play on the ball as the WR. His head was turned back at the ball, his hands were on the inside while the WR was on the outside, so he couldn't have been holding, and in fact the receiver grabbed the defender's shoulderpads and turned him. Bad call, even Gruden said it was.
[/quote]

The defender does have the same right to the ball but he can't push the WR out of the way to get to it, or push the WR from coming back to the ball. Has to stand his ground and get the call coming from the other way. If I remember correctly the db had his hand on the other guys chest. Gruden has very poor judgement. Over reacts alot. Like a lot of guys on this board.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1348546956' post='1162813']

[/quote]

No, it wasn't mutual possession.

Tate had possession first.

He had both hands on the ball and his feet down before Jennings did. By time Jennings had possession, it was too late. Sorry. Watch it again. Tate has both hands on it, then his arm flies off while falling down, but it finds it's way back to the ball before Jennings gets his second foot down.

Game. Hawks.

Archived