iPhone 5 Announced

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1348258794' post='1160723']
not really conspiracy theory. I've had several stores sell pre-orders for blu-rays or video games only to be sold out when I go to pick up my preorder. You usually get a gift card if you bitch to corporate, but it's really not worth the time/effort. They don't all put things aside like they should considering that's why you put money down for it early.
[/quote]

thats crazy...i can see why, as im sure a certain % of pre orders dont come pick it up at all, a certain % dont come get things on launch days, etc... but all of my stores have always been very strict on that stuff...

And now the Foxconn factory where some of the iPhone components are made is temporary closed due to employee rioting.

[url="http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09/foxconn-worker-riot-closes-factory/"]http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09/foxconn-worker-riot-closes-factory/[/url]

There's a chance...a CHANCE...that I may get my phone before the iPhone 5S is announced. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it is possible.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1348622833' post='1163200']
So, I finally got my phone. The speed of this thing is absolutely sickening. And the Maps update is fantastic. I used it as I was wandering around Pittaburgh today and had no problems with it. The turn by turn directions were all spot on.
[/quote]
I'm impressed it has 3rd world country details that down-pat! Can't wait to get mine!

:ninja:

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1347981699' post='1159830']
I think his point was that there is all of this attention, obsession, and money being devoted to something that, in the end, is just a phone. The sun will still rise tomorrow if you don't get one...
[/quote]

^ that.

I find the cult-like devotion to a brand kinda ridiculous, yeh.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1348736833' post='1163560']

^ that.

I find the cult-like devotion to a brand kinda ridiculous, yeh.
[/quote]

It's funny, because I know a lot of non-football fans who would say rooting for an arbitrary football team and buying hundreds of dollars of gear and tickets to cheer for complete strangers is pretty stupid.

It's all just a matter of where your interests lie.

I love gadgets, so it's a big deal to me. You don't seem to into them as much, so you think it's stupid.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1348749743' post='1163583']
It's funny, because I know a lot of non-football fans who would say rooting for an arbitrary football team and buying hundreds of dollars of gear and tickets to cheer for complete strangers is pretty stupid.

I love gadgets, so it's a big deal to me. You don't seem to into them as much, so you think it's stupid.
[/quote]

I like both... So I am double stupid....

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1348749743' post='1163583']

[/quote]

Fair enough, but to clarify a brand is not a gadget. I think there's a disconnect between the actual hardware and the marketing, in other words.

Probably needs an adapter.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1348794329' post='1163815']
Fair enough, but to clarify a brand is not a gadget. I think there's a disconnect between the actual hardware and the marketing, in other words.

[/quote]

But it's the same realm.

You love football, but you mostly cheer for the Bengals.

I love gadgets, but mostly cheer for Apple (although, not quite as blindly as some do. I actually hate the company, but love the products. It's quite the dilemma that is only made easier by my complete lack of morals).

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1348670946' post='1163347']
mines coming today :headbang:
[/quote]
Original tracking number gave me a bogus arrival date but it came yesterday, still a day earlier than Verizon said it would

So far so good...i can't believe the speed. And coming from my droid incredible this display is beautiful

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1348807710' post='1163841']
But it's the same realm.

You love football, but you mostly cheer for the Bengals.

I love gadgets, but mostly cheer for Apple (although, not quite as blindly as some do. I actually hate the company, but love the products. It's quite the dilemma that is only made easier [size=4][b]by my complete lack of morals[/b][/size]).
[/quote]

dude..we already knew that part.. you root for the stealers

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1348794329' post='1163815']

[/quote]

i dont see anyone here blindly buying apple products, i used to hate mac products, then they made their products better than everyone else, and here we are...

i truly enjoy not spending my days defragmenting, clearing caches, constantly updating and running virus programs, paying $300 for OS upgrades, and hunting for magical drivers to get shit to work properly, having hardware stop functioning because there arent drivers for a new OS, etc..

its like calling people who only buy hondas honda fanboys and brand whores, its just the best or one of the best products offered. costs way more than a kia or chevy or ford, but you are getting a reliable quality product thats going to last forever and hold very good resale value.

electronics are in the same boat, i will sell my iphone 4s for more than i paid for it in january, i sold my evo 3D for $40 less than i paid for it 6 months after i bought it.

I will sell my macbook pro for $1,000 pretty easily, I paid $1699 for it with student discount... thats $700 for a computer that will be over 4 years of use..

PC's hold no value and are maintenance whores.

its all about making smart financial decisions on products that are high quality and that you enjoy using.

no doubt that there are million of people who blindly buy apple products just because its apple, but there are also millions who are making wise decisions based on experience and research.

my children will have macs, they wont be getting loads of viruses and spyware and lagging down a PC... and i wont have to play IT tech or lock down their computers like fort knox to achieve it.

even windows 8 is coming in with lower ranks than OSX on ease of use, features and value.

the apple business model for computers is a good one. they only offer higher end hardware, charge a premium(kinda) for that hardware, and basically give you the OS for free, an upgrade, worst case costs you $29. This guarantees that your software runs smoothly on the hardware. you cant go to new egg or wal mart and buy a $299 special with outdated mediocre hardware thats going to run like shit basically out of the box for the sake of "a good bargain"..

they force good technology on you, they force the issue, like not supporting flash on their iphones, flash is the #1 cause of lag and freezing on smartphones. they arent stupid, they dont want all of their users bitching about lag and freezing and apps suck, etc.

their whole concept is for the users end experience. it may process tasks slower and not in order like an android does, but you never get the spinning wheel while it catches up, or the testing/email box thats typing nothing while you type then suddenly types 2 sentences at once..

there is obviously a huge crowd that likes android and has a vast need for its benefits... in my personal opinion, everyone under 25 and over 40 should have an iphone if they are going to have a smartphone. its stupid proof and it "just works"..

i would pay $400 for an iphone, its worth every penny for not having to deal with shit not working properly... shit my evo 3d had gmail problems. the os and app designed literally by the email provider was unable to do email properly...

also i assume you are just trolling about the adapter. or reading lots of android fanboy forums...

as if android phones never changed charging ports. just buy a new car charger, or be smart and get a USB car adapter and use the charger from the box. set for life that way..

Archived