Anyone making the trip to DC Sunday?

I agree with USN, too expensive. But the real reason is I don't ever want to set foot in FEDEX field again. One of the worst stadiums to get in and out of and then as a venue, it just isn't that good. Redskins fans are obnoxious, I bet only USNBengal has heard fouler language. I made the mistake of taking my daughter to a game there, won't do that again. I suppose it's great if you're a Skins fan.

UC is playing VaTech later this month and I won't go for that either becuase it's being held at FEDEX.

[quote name='ArmyBengal' timestamp='1347894336' post='1159562']
I agree with USN, too expensive. But the real reason is I don't ever want to set foot in FEDEX field again. One of the worst stadiums to get in and out of and then as a venue, it just isn't that good. Redskins fans are obnoxious, I bet only USNBengal has heard fouler language. I made the mistake of taking my daughter to a game there, won't do that again. I suppose it's great if you're a Skins fan.

UC is playing VaTech later this month and I won't go for that either becuase it's being held at FEDEX.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't dispute this.....although getting in is pretty simple (they modified some of the exits off the Capital Beltway) but it seems getting out takes at least a half hour.

If you have lived in DC long enough, I think Jiffy Lube Live (which was Nissan Pavilion when it opened) is 10 times worse though to get out of.

As much as I would like to visit in person, I'm also with USNBengal on how it's getting there, a 5 hour drive is alot of work, and after living in Hampton Roads for 1 1/2 years, I know that NoVA is out of the question. but from one virginian to another, you got my unadvided support!!

-DanvilleBengal

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' timestamp='1347895788' post='1159572']
As much as I would like to visit in person, I'm also with USNBengal on how it's getting there, a 5 hour drive is alot of work, and after living in Hampton Roads for 1 1/2 years, I know that NoVA is out of the question. but from one virginian to another, you got my unadvided support!!

-DanvilleBengal
[/quote]

Hey DanvilleBengal, are you in Hampton Roads now? I live in Newport News and have been in this area pretty much since 1984, getting to DC is a nightmare (traffic, lodging, etc) and the prices are ludicrous.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1347895985' post='1159573']
Hey DanvilleBengal, are you in Hampton Roads now? I live in Newport News and have been in this area pretty much since 1984, getting to DC is a nightmare (traffic, lodging, etc) and the prices are ludicrous.
[/quote]

I think by the end of the year, Amtrak service will be running from Hampton Roads to DC.
[url="http://www.progressiverailroading.com/amtrak/news/Amtrak-Virginia-service-to-Norfolk-to-launch-Dec-12--32275"]http://www.progressiverailroading.com/amtrak/news/Amtrak-Virginia-service-to-Norfolk-to-launch-Dec-12--32275[/url]#

[/quote]

Not at the moment, I'm currently in Southside VA, we had some family issues and I moved home for a while. I don't know if I am going back soon or not, but rest assured, I have been, and always will be a Bengals fan!!!!

My time in Norfolk and VA Beach was fun though--good times....when everything is straight, I will be going back.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1347888819' post='1159515']
Jamie and I are going to the Bengals/Skins game Sunday at Fed Ex. I was just curious if any of y'all were making the trip to DC (or happen to live here and are going).
[/quote]

I have been to a pre season game there, and their fans were brutal to me and my son. I hope you guys have a bullet proof vest on because they are brutal if you are wearing your jersey.

[/quote]

Damn, Chief...I should have remembered you live down there. I was just in the News a month ago for a few days. Have some good friends who live off Denbigh near the hospital. Next time I'm in town, I will let you know.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1347934668' post='1159734']

Damn, Chief...I should have remembered you live down there. I was just in the News a month ago for a few days. Have some good friends who live off Denbigh near the hospital. Next time I'm in town, I will let you know.
[/quote]
Hell yeah LT, I live down the other end of Warwick Blvd, not too far from the hospital. Would gladly get together for dinner and a beverage. Give me a shout when you're back down here.

[quote name='TigerJ@w' timestamp='1347923393' post='1159694']
I have been to a pre season game there, and their fans were brutal to me and my son. I hope you guys have a bullet proof vest on because they are brutal if you are wearing your jersey.
[/quote]

Haha.....if "tradition" continues, Jamie will high fiving whatever fellow fans he can find on the concourse after the game.

I got an e-mail that some tickets were given back by whatever Cincy was alloted. So, tickets are up for "sale" via this:
[url="http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/150048DD82381E72?artistid=806041&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8"]http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/150048DD82381E72?artistid=806041&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8[/url]

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1347973003' post='1159782']
Haha.....if "tradition" continues, Jamie will high fiving whatever fellow fans he can find on the concourse after the game.
[/quote]

I will look for ya.... i will be there with a buddy that is a huge Redskins fan.... i havn't been there in years... last time was a preseason game and i think that may have been in the old stadium... last week i was in cincy... this week DC... i'm loving it.....

[quote name='mhfinks' timestamp='1348235149' post='1160594']

I will look for ya.... i will be there with a buddy that is a huge Redskins fan.... i havn't been there in years... last time was a preseason game and i think that may have been in the old stadium... last week i was in cincy... this week DC... i'm loving it.....
[/quote]

Good friend you have there. My brother and I have a standing rule not to bring an opponent's fan to that particular game unless they agree to come in Bengals gear. They can root for their team all they want, but our seats show Bengals colors for the TV screen. :)

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1348236244' post='1160601']

Good friend you have there. My brother and I have a standing rule not to bring an opponent's fan to that particular game unless they agree to come in Bengals gear. They can root for their team all they want, but our seats show Bengals colors for the TV screen. :)
[/quote]
Just getting into MD.... Green lot

Archived