2012-2013 TV Discussion

Go Skins

The full swing of TV returned last night.

Anyone watch "How I Met Your Mother"? I started to watch "The Mob Doctor" (haven't watched last nights) and only 5 million watched the premiere episode the week before, not a good sign. The concept is interesting though.

Last night I watched the Reds celebration replay, Partners (as a filler until 2 Broke Girls) and 2 Broke Girls.

I also recorded Mob Doctor, Hawaii 5-0, Bones, Warehouse 13, Alphas, and Major Crimes.

REALLY looking forward to both NCIS premieres tonight.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1348592607' post='1163003']
Last night I watched the Reds celebration replay, Partners (as a filler until 2 Broke Girls) and 2 Broke Girls.

I also recorded Mob Doctor, Hawaii 5-0, Bones, Warehouse 13, Alphas, and Major Crimes.

REALLY looking forward to both NCIS premieres tonight.
[/quote]

It sounds like if your tv went out on you, we might see you out on a ledge.

:suicide:

Hawaii Five O got smoked in the ratings (go to [url="http://www.tvbythenumbers.com"]www.tvbythenumbers.com[/url]).

Two Broke Girls was what one expected, raunchy.

Partners was really bad, I doubt that show makes it more than a few weeks.

NCIS: LA (I don't watch the original) should be really good tonight.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1348595923' post='1163035']
Hawaii Five O got smoked in the ratings (go to [url="http://www.tvbythenumbers.com"]www.tvbythenumbers.com[/url]).

[/quote]

WHAT!?!? You don't like seeing a gay couple of guys?

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1348595923' post='1163035']

[/quote]

Hmm only watched revolution over 5-0 because I think 5-0 is safe. It will bounce back. I really like revolution, but I think it will have a niche audience when things settle down.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1348753482' post='1163605']
The Big Bang Theory returns tonight.

I think I will give "Last Resort" a shot, same goes for "Elementary".
[/quote]

I watched Last Resort last week (the premiere's online). Arguably the best Pilot I've ever seen.

Really sucks having Last Resort up against Big Bang Theory though. Hate how Monday and Thursday lineups are stacked, and Tuesday and Wednesdays are relatively weak (as far as shows I like).

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348755590' post='1163613']
I watched Last Resort last week (the premiere's online). Arguably the best Pilot I've ever seen.

Really sucks having Last Resort up against Big Bang Theory though. Hate how Monday and Thursday lineups are stacked, and Tuesday and Wednesdays are relatively weak (as far as shows I like).
[/quote]

Look at Sunday, 9 PM, if you want to see what will be an interesting ratings war this TV season.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1348756198' post='1163615']
Look at Sunday, 9 PM, if you want to see what will be an interesting ratings war this TV season.
[/quote]

yea maybe. Revenge, The Good Wife, Family Guy. Then Sunday Night Football. I'd still say Monday and Thursdays are bigger between The Voice/xFactor and NBC and CBS's Thursday comedy blocks vs ABC's dramas.

I don't really watch the first 3 though and will only end up watching football DURING that hour, with Once Upon A Time at 8 and 666 Park Avenue at 10 (plus seasonal Mad Men and Breaking Bad).

Dex and Homeland both premiere new seasons Sunday. Most probably know of Dex, but if you haven't seen Homeland, you outta try out the first couple of episodes. I was hooked. Won some Emmy's, as well. Looking forward to seeing where it goes this upcoming season.

I watch How I Met Your Mother. Still love the show but it's in deep decline IMO. The whole walking out on weddings sent off a weird vibe. Plus the commentary between Ted and Klaus, about lifelong treasure of destiny or what not rang as unattainable nonsense. I know it's a show but the bizarre unrealistic expectations bothers me for some reason. They have this image of a perfect mate in their head, and they will turn their back on a really great person because she doesn't represent the ideal construct of their own ego...

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1348793392' post='1163809']
I watch How I Met Your Mother. Still love the show but it's in deep decline IMO. The whole walking out on weddings sent off a weird vibe. [b] Plus the commentary between Ted and Klaus, about lifelong treasure of destiny or what not rang as unattainable nonsense.[/b] I know it's a show but the bizarre unrealistic expectations bothers me for some reason. They have this image of a perfect mate in their head, and they will turn their back on a really great person because she doesn't represent the ideal construct of their own ego...
[/quote]

ah see I thought that was one of the best parts of the episode. :lol:

Archived