2012-2013 TV Discussion

Go Skins

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348794241' post='1163814']
ah see I thought that was one of the best parts of the episode. :lol:
[/quote]

Klaus did make me laugh. Kind of funny (in a sad way) that Victoria is on her own again. Almost good enough for 2 guys, but not quite.

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1348846484' post='1163909']
Klaus did make me laugh. Kind of funny (in a sad way) that Victoria is on her own again. Almost good enough for 2 guys, but not quite.
[/quote]

yea, love Victoria. Technically she's not on her own yet, and I actually think she ultimately ends back up with Klaus, which is why Ted is at the train station in the first place I bet. I bet he's there debating to go after her or not.

Probably not though as Victoria's only back I beleive for the first 6 or so episodes and they won't reveal the mom that early.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348846766' post='1163911']
yea, love Victoria. Technically she's not on her own yet, and I actually think she ultimately ends back up with Klaus, which is why Ted is at the train station in the first place I bet. I bet he's there debating to go after her or not.

Probably not though as Victoria's only back I beleive for the first 6 or so episodes and they won't reveal the mom that early.
[/quote]

Good point, I guess for some reason I thought her story arc was over.

Still not a promising start to a marriage if both bride and groom tried to bolt! Same goes for Robin-Barney.

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1348847221' post='1163913']
Good point, I guess for some reason I thought her story arc was over.

Still not a promising start to a marriage if both bride and groom tried to bolt! Same goes for Robin-Barney.
[/quote]

haha true, though as far as robin-barney

[spoiler] we know they DO go through with the wedding [/spoiler]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1348755590' post='1163613']

I watched Last Resort last week (the premiere's online). Arguably the best Pilot I've ever seen.

Really sucks having Last Resort up against Big Bang Theory though. Hate how Monday and Thursday lineups are stacked, and Tuesday and Wednesdays are relatively weak (as far as shows I like).
[/quote]

Watched the first episode of last resort today

Safe to say I'm fully hooked

I thought How I Met Your Mother was pretty bad last night.

They fast forward through the summer and expect us to believe everything is hunky-dory.

They have Klaus move in with Ted and Victoria after he (as far as he knows) left her at the altar, and isn't weirded out by the fact his jilted lover is already shacking up with the random guy he met at the wedding?! And he decides to crash with them?

And while I'm pleased about the Barney-Quinn break-up, it was so abrupt. But again, not sorry to see it happen. Bascially it was that situation where we kept hearing how awesome Quinn was, with no on-screen evidence to back that up.

If I had just started watching this show last season, I would never have gotten invested. As it is, I like the characters (at least the way they once were, not the current cartoon version) and want it to go out with some dignity and closure. But it's gotten pretty washed up

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1349196457' post='1165590']

They fast forward through the summer and expect us to believe everything is hunky-dory.

They have Klaus move in with Ted and Victoria after he (as far as he knows) left her at the altar, and isn't weirded out by the fact his jilted lover is already shacking up with the random guy he met at the wedding?! And he decides to crash with them?

And while I'm pleased about the Barney-Quinn break-up, it was so abrupt. But again, not sorry to see it happen. Bascially it was that situation where we kept hearing how awesome Quinn was, with no on-screen evidence to back that up.

If I had just started watching this show last season, I would never have gotten invested. As it is, I like the characters (at least the way they once were, not the current cartoon version) and want it to go out with some dignity and closure. But it's gotten pretty washed up
[/quote]

agree completely

i wish they'd put together a good 1 hr special to end it and put us out of our misery

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1349200297' post='1165614']
agree completely

i wish they'd put together a good 1 hr special to end it and put us out of our misery
[/quote]

Unfortunately as long as it gets ratings, they will keep watering it down and it will get crappier and crappier.

The only thing that will stop it is the stars jumping ship for new projects, which will hopefully spell curtains for the show at the end of this season. This show works best when it is touch with its quirky sentimentality, which has been completely forced so far this season. Hopefully the endgame is better because supposedly it has been pre-planned.

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1349196457' post='1165590']

[/quote]

Yeah, the show's really not that good anymore, but I keep on watching. One really bothersome thing ... why the hell was Victoria with Klaus in the first place? It's like they've added him in for random comic relief (naked man has worked before?), but completely gloss over the fact that NO ONE in their right mind would want to get hitched to him ...

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1349270262' post='1165814']
I finally got around to the series premiere of Elementary last night.

Good show. Struck me as a cross between Perception and Mentalist.
[/quote]

haven't watched either of those, but it does remind me of Monk and Psych (super observant detective shows), but lacking the humor of those shows.

HIMYM needs to do this:[list]
[*]February sweeps, Ted meets the mother
[*]Episodes after February sweeps, Ted and mom get to know each other
[*]Ted and mom get married in the SERIES finale (presuming this is the last season), jump ahead in the last minute to the kids, that's the full story of how I met your mother. Cue credits.
[/list]

This show is dragging on too long, the contracts are up after this season anyway, and people are getting tired of waiting. There are some funny moments, but not as good as earlier seasons.

[quote name='Go Skins' timestamp='1349275510' post='1165830']
HIMYM needs to do this:[list]
[*]February sweeps, Ted meets the mother
[*]Episodes after February sweeps, Ted and mom get to know each other
[*]Ted and mom get married in the SERIES finale (presuming this is the last season), jump ahead in the last minute to the kids, that's the full story of how I met your mother. Cue credits.
[/list]
This show is dragging on too long, the contracts are up after this season anyway, and people are getting tired of waiting. There are some funny moments, but not as good as earlier seasons.
[/quote]

I like the idea of getting to know the mom, but given the pisspoor writing lately I'm afraid it will be yet another example of forced chemistry, where they keep telling us how in love Ted and her are yet they appear to be a couple on a bad blind date stuck in an elevator.

Also I'm one of those who think the ending will be bittersweet, as in the mom has died or something and Ted wants to move on. With Robin (I'm guessing she and the Barnacle don't work out--shocker, but who knows honestly), thus allowing Marshall to win the bet with Lily.

BTW, Lily is probably the worst character ever. A meddlesome wet blanket

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1349279717' post='1165853']
Also I'm one of those who think the ending will be bittersweet, as in the mom has died or something and Ted wants to move on. [/quote]

That's an interesting idea and possible reason to why he's telling the story in the first place.

IMO Barney and Robin are in it for the long haul though, and I don't think there's any way they try to spin Robin/Ted anymore.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349281716' post='1165863']
That's an interesting idea and possible reason to why he's telling the story in the first place.

IMO Barney and Robin are in it for the long haul though, and I don't think there's any way they try to spin Robin/Ted anymore.
[/quote]

The thing I dont get is that they make it seem like the wife is no one we have ever met before. How is it going to be an exciting reveal if it is some character that has never been introduced before? There just HAS to be some sort of twist at the end. But ive read that the writers say that at the train station that is the moment he meets the mother. It just seems like it is going to be so not a big deal.

Also I agree...they wont spin a ted/robin thing in the end. I mean his kids call her aunt robin. That would just be weird...

The only thing I can think of as far as a kinda fun reveal for the mother for long time watchers would be if the mother ends up being the girl that the matching company had him matched up with but he decided not to go on the date because he wanted to hang out with robin instead. But I doubt that's even what it will be because at the time of that episode the mother would have been in high school I think (considering she is supposed to be in college when ted starts teaching there in season 5 or whatever).

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349310975' post='1166041']
I've had that thought about the dating service too. I think they could work it out.
[/quote]

Still would be pretty lackluster. They are building this up so big just to be someone we have never even met before...

Best bet is that it will be a big name celebrity that will make fans excited, but nothing actually in the storyline that will make it exciting.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1349310490' post='1166040']
The thing I dont get is that they make it seem like the wife is no one we have ever met before. How is it going to be an exciting reveal if it is some character that has never been introduced before? There just HAS to be some sort of twist at the end. But ive read that the writers say that at the train station that is the moment he meets the mother. It just seems like it is going to be so not a big deal.

Also I agree...they wont spin a ted/robin thing in the end. I mean his kids call her aunt robin. That would just be weird...

The only thing I can think of as far as a kinda fun reveal for the mother for long time watchers would be if the mother ends up being the girl that the matching company had him matched up with but he decided not to go on the date because he wanted to hang out with robin instead. But I doubt that's even what it will be because at the time of that episode the mother would have been in high school I think (considering she is supposed to be in college when ted starts teaching there in season 5 or whatever).
[/quote]

She could have been the TA...with T & A :ninja:

The most common theory I've heard is that the mother is Barney's sister, the one he didn't meet because she was off at college. And that allegedly she was also the one from the matchmaker. Also at the time of the failed matchmaker, she had to have been at least 21 or so because she was in that bar during St. Patrick's day.

Archived