2012-2013 TV Discussion

Go Skins

I really like the show Leverage even though it doesn't get much love from critics. The problem is I don't live a set schedule so I rarely can get into shows as much as I used to. I just catch them when I can. Ok I mostly watch Leverage because of the blonde chick. She is a good combination of hot and quirky. I also have become somewhat hooked to watching the Mentalist when I can. The redhead on there is UN-Freaking-Beleiveable.

Are you seeing the pattern yet?

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1349362114' post='1166164']
She could have been the TA...with T & A :ninja:

The most common theory I've heard is that the mother is Barney's sister, the one he didn't meet because she was off at college. And that allegedly she was also the one from the matchmaker. Also at the time of the failed matchmaker, she had to have been at least 21 or so because she was in that bar during St. Patrick's day.
[/quote]

The episode with the matchmaker takes place in 2005. The episode where she is in Teds class is 2009. If you think that she was a senior in that class and in the 22 or so range, then she would have been 17 or 18 in the matchmaker episode...not that that rules it out, but I doubt his perfect match would have been an 18 year old.

Also, I thought it was barneys sister, but the problem is they say that night at the train station after the wedding is the moment ted meets the mother. If it is barneys sister why wouldnt she be at the wedding and why wouldnt ted have met her there? Also, why would she have taken her guitar to the wedding? (Unless she was in the band playing at the wedding, but once again, ted would have seen her there).

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1349362949' post='1166170']
Anyone watch Revenge? Just watched Season 1 on Netflix and I'm hooked.
[/quote]

Yeah, its alright, not too many down episodes, there seem to be some sort of big reveals like every episode.

I haven't watched last night's, but "666 Park Avenue" has potential.

"Leverage" is a very good show, although some of it is really far fetched, but there is real chemistry with the cast and I like the fact some of the "stealing" is realistic in terms of believeablity as to what can happen in the real world. It doesn't come back till November, which is what has happened for a while now, they will run a summer season, take a hiatus, and run the back end of episodes toward the end of the year.

Love Last Resort. Not sure how long they can carry on that storyline, but pretty much anything Andre Braugher does is good.

I've taken a liking to Major Crimes. G.W. Bailey is always awesome.

Still hooked on Criminal Minds - LOVE A.J. Cook!

[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1349720353' post='1168042']
Love Last Resort. Not sure how long they can carry on that storyline, but pretty much anything Andre Braugher does is good.

Still hooked on Criminal Minds - LOVE A.J. Cook!
[/quote]

I think I have already seen Last Resort, that was when it was a movie called "Hunt For The Red October." :ninja:

[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1349720353' post='1168042']

Still hooked on Criminal Minds -[b] LOVE A.J. Cook![/b]
[/quote]

yummy..
I love the show too though...

Just watched the pilot of American Horror Story last night. Kinda schlocky horror but I was entertained. Now I've got a week to watch the first season before the premiere. I guess the 2nd season is only tangentially connected, but still want to watch them in order. At least Hell on Wheels ended before the Walking Dead season starts.

So that's;

Treme
SOA
Boardwalk Empire
Walking Dead
AHS

So I wanted to comment about HIMYM, but the episode was so flat I'm not sure what to say.

I can't believe they are doing this to Barney's character again. Allow the growth to stick. The writers are just mailing it in.

This show never really recovered from that writer's strike a few years back

[quote name='Actium' timestamp='1350064042' post='1169348']
So I wanted to comment about HIMYM, but the episode was so flat I'm not sure what to say.

I can't believe they are doing this to Barney's character again. Allow the growth to stick. The writers are just mailing it in.

This show never really recovered from that writer's strike a few years back
[/quote]

IMO it was their way of pointing out that he HAS changed. He tried to be his former self, but he couldn't do it because he wasn't over Quinn. She's changed him, and that change will lead him to Robin.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1350065433' post='1169365']
it didn't get picked up. They're airing the pilot in 2 weeks as a Halloween Special and then that's it for it.
[/quote]

Thank God. Jerry O'Connell running around with a mark on his neck that looks like a cheap jailhouse tattoo, pretending it is a scar where his head was sewn on, was ridiculous. I also can't look at Portia De Larossi and not think of her banging Ellen. :doh:

[quote name='Bartledoo' timestamp='1349226477' post='1165715']
The Walking Dead season 2 is now available on Netflix. I need to rewatch before season 3 starts! Who else watches?
[/quote]

I have watched it since the beginning. It's one of the few shows I watch on TV
that doesn't have anything to do with Sports. I love it. Looking forward to tonight.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1350283553' post='1170873']
Tonights episode of The Walking Dead was great. Definitely didn't see the ending coming
[/quote]

I never really played them much, but lastnight's episode reminded me of the game Doom, roaming through dark, complex hallways where things can jump out at you at any moment.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1350283553' post='1170873']
Tonights episode of The Walking Dead was great. Definitely didn't see the ending coming
[/quote]

[spoiler] Definitely wasn't surprised that Herschel was the first one to get some tendons ripped out, but was surprised that Rick's quick axe action means he'll be sticking around a while. Probably not much longer than to deliver the zombie baby.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Glen, Maggie, or both get munched on soon. They've kinda gone nowhere after the whole love plot.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1350316957' post='1170941']
[spoiler] Definitely wasn't surprised that Herschel was the first one to get some tendons ripped out, but was surprised that Rick's quick axe action means he'll be sticking around a while. Probably not much longer than to deliver the zombie baby.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Glen, Maggie, or both get munched on soon. They've kinda gone nowhere after the whole love plot.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler]wouldn't be so sure on that second part. Read an interview from the writer/producer today saying rick, carl, lori, glenn and maggie are now the core of the cast. I think Glenn and Maggie will be safe for awhile.[/spoiler]

Archived